Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

GD_American posted:

Is the Shutdown Fullcast an SBN production or its own thing?
It's independent, I think: Spencer and Holly haven't worked for SBN for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

Is the Shutdown Fullcast an SBN production or its own thing?

Been its own thing for a while now I believe. Not sure if it always was, but most of those people haven't been employed by SBN for quite a while.

Holly and Spencer are doing their own thing with Channel 6 which is just them and no one else for a couple of years.

e:fb

vv--Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fullcast is part of Meadowlark now (Dan Le Batard's group).

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Incoherence posted:

It's independent, I think: Spencer and Holly haven't worked for SBN for awhile.

efb - but more info: 100% independent and they have a distribution deal with Meadowlark Media (the Lebatard thing). That deal is also why there's a Fullcast After Dark. The first Meadowlark Fullcast mentioned that it was a SEVEN FIGURE deal so Vox decided to torpedo a million-dollar podcast that they said couldn't be monetized:

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1616571168118513667

100% of the talent members of the Fullcast have been fired by Vox

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holly using #koalabrain is magnificent

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I really miss “Wake Up, College Football!” with Nanni and Rubenstein. Glorious little show.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

I really miss “Wake Up, College Football!” with Nanni and Rubenstein. Glorious little show.

Yeah, it was really fantastic. Fortunately the Split Zone Duo and Solid Verbal next day wrap ups fill that void nowadays.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/1616206128073035776

facialimpediment posted:

efb - but more info: 100% independent and they have a distribution deal with Meadowlark Media (the Lebatard thing). That deal is also why there's a Fullcast After Dark. The first Meadowlark Fullcast mentioned that it was a SEVEN FIGURE deal so Vox decided to torpedo a million-dollar podcast that they said couldn't be monetized:

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1616571168118513667

100% of the talent members of the Fullcast have been fired by Vox

Somebody at Vox was like "We can pay kids out of college a quarter what we pay these people. Or have AI do it."

And because of the way the world works, that executive probably still has a very high-paying job.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lol

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Henchman of Santa posted:

Fullcast is part of Meadowlark now (Dan Le Batard's group).

My understanding was that was just the After Dark pod. Is the main one there as well?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Warbird posted:

My understanding was that was just the After Dark pod. Is the main one there as well?

Yep, Shutdown Fullcast posts on the Lebatard and Friends feed (their catchall) at the same time as the Fullcast feed. There were two pressers, the After Dark announcement in 2021 and this full one in 2022 basically adding the Fullcast proper:

https://awfulannouncing.com/meadowlark/draftkings-meadowlark-podcast-additions.html

It really lends credence to the gang's general thought that the Fullcast is a sentient entity that's impossible to kill. To find this home, one of Lebatard's producers (Cote) had to get fired without Lebatard's input. Lebatard rehires Cote out of his own pocket and the ESPN thing permanently sours. Lebatard leaves and joins up with John Skipper (former ESPN head) while negotiating the retention of the RSS feed and the audience base in the separation.

Then, DraftKings decided to throw a ton of sponsor money at Lebatard, keeping him off satellite radio, as they start from complete scratch (equipment and all). DraftKings isn't even legal in Florida yet! Then, Vox had to gently caress up by letting their people/podcasts go for no discernible reason. The two clown cars collide and the Fullcast lives on telling us all about the cold refreshment of Coors Light.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It’s remarkable how I know what 99% of those words mean but the ordering here just makes it soup for me. You explained it fine I’m sure but what a mess.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

drat so i guess jon bois needs a new host for the next episode of the trading card show

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Warbird posted:

It’s remarkable how I know what 99% of those words mean but the ordering here just makes it soup for me. You explained it fine I’m sure but what a mess.

Simpler quote from the Fullcast: "We know this feed cannot be killed because that has been tried before."

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/1616206128073035776

Somebody at Vox was like "We can pay kids out of college a quarter what we pay these people. Or have AI do it."

And because of the way the world works, that executive probably still has a very high-paying job.

The famous story about some upper-level executive at Vox seeing a flyer/promo for one of the live Fullcasts and not getting it because he didn’t know the man on said flyer.

Who happened to be Nick Saban.

Upper management live in weird bubbles, more so for a place originally based in D.C.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I don’t listen to Fullcast as religiously as SZD or Solid Verbal, but those are all some very talented people living their dream.

My podcast time is limited to my commute and runs, and it can get a little dense with inside jokes and tangents.

Spencer’s real strength is long form articles and I need to pony up for Channel 6 at some point.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Is there any SBN site/property that still gets boffo numbers? The "we just won the natty" thread at DawgSports barely crossed three figures. I remember going to the USC site when Lincoln jumped and it hadn't been updated in half a year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:chloe:

https://twitter.com/TCUFootball/status/1616438832664301569

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol

- Friday news dump
- "WELCOME" is the biggest word
- Hide him behind his children

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

D.N. Nation posted:

lol

- Friday news dump
- "WELCOME" is the biggest word
- Hide him behind his children

Can’t blame him for what his daddy did :hurr:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Ah, the Kavanaugh tactic of hiding behind a model family.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Vengarr posted:

Maybe I’m cynical but I think they just got worse at covering up the sex crimes.

i don’t think in the era of the internet 3.0 or whatever we’re in that you can credibly squash out sex crimes since you can gain access to a platform for free and people are willing to believe victims

power and control is still centralized but it’s not centralized on institutions so the idea that, say, alabama or georgia or ohio state could completely cover up even one sexual assault, let alone what was going down at baylor, is pretty antiquated

there is a way to go about covering things up but universities are either unwilling or unable to go down that road

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

Is there any SBN site/property that still gets boffo numbers? The "we just won the natty" thread at DawgSports barely crossed three figures. I remember going to the USC site when Lincoln jumped and it hadn't been updated in half a year.

I don't know about CFB sites but a few of the NBA ones are pretty popular, game posts are split into halves on the Blazers site and each one can get up to a thousand comments for an entertaining regular season game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I assume Reddit dominates CFB chat when it comes to raw numbers. I know that for boxing it's not (Boxing Scene and others do well), but then again boxing isn't fragmented by fanbases quite the same way.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I've been coming to this site for 20 years, what's with the creepy and mean-spirited avatar change?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LLCoolJD posted:

I've been coming to this site for 20 years, what's with the creepy and mean-spirited avatar change?

that post was from back in early november lmao

to answer your question, there's a lot of weak willed cowards and people who don't like jokes that post on here

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For a 2 month old post, no less. Guess somebody had to save a bunch of nickels

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hotlanta man must have woken up from a drug coma

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Alaois posted:

Went out to dinner with him once before he was catastrophising everything and he was a nice dude.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

This is a pretty funny post considering

Alaois posted:

was a whopping three posts later

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KKKLIP ART posted:

Went out to dinner with him once before he was catastrophising everything and he was a nice dude.

One time he made some post here chiding me for getting too worked up about football and I was like my god the audacity of this man

downout
Jul 6, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

:rubby:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
lmao owned

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I admit I kick anthills from time to time with my comments. But I had been a good sport and had left up the creep's last hate av for a few weeks. :10bux: more for the dead forums fund, I guess.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

KKKLIP ART posted:

he's doing fine he just doesn't post here anymore, got a kid and some goats

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
To be fair that was a really bad post. I'm more irritated that I was reminded of it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Declan MacManus posted:

Where did he find multiple Tom Bradys and why did he keep them?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Nervous posted:

Where did he find multiple Tom Bradys and why did he keep them?

I've always wanted a Tom Brady to keep around the yard but I'm concerned he'd chew on my car's canvas roof

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Good for him. Hope he is enjoying this golden era of UGA football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Declan MacManus posted:

I’m imagining Fuches in season 3 of Barry