Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

JamesBont posted:

Wait, isn't Kevin supposed to represent Trump? Why are they talking about a laptop?

From what I've managed to glean from a year+ now of reading Prickly City here, none of the characters are consistently anything. If the continuity holds together from panel 1 to panel 3 thank your lucky stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:siren:Kellies nominations are open until February 18!:siren:

While I've harvested a lot from last year's thread, all users should feel free to stop by the 2022 Kellies thread and nominate for any or all of the below categories. Don't worry about whether you are nominating something someone already selected- I'll handle it. So far, we've had no additional nominees- and I know that there was plenty of, ahem, mud that passed under our radar!

Categories for the 2022 Kellies include:
  • Most Threatening with a Good Time
  • Laziest Gorrell
  • Laziest Non-Gorrell
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (General)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Antisemitism)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBTQ+ other than pure transphobia)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia)
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Race)
  • Most Any Day Now
  • Most Easily Reinterpreted
  • Most Grotesque
  • Most Incomprehensible
  • Most Internationally Tone Deaf
  • Most Opposite of Reality
  • Most Willfully Dense
  • Worst Concern Trolling
  • Worst Gaslighting
  • Worst a Thing Happened
  • Worst two Things Happened
  • Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
  • Worst Cartoon about Ukraine
  • Worst Queen Elizabeth Cartoon
  • Worst Roe Cartoon
  • Worst Cartoon That Could've Been Published 20 Years Ago
  • Worst Label
  • Worst Caricature
  • Best Edit/Parody
  • Overall Best
  • Overall Worst
Stop by and nominate your "favorite" politoons today!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 22, 2023

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

JamesBont posted:

Wait, isn't Kevin supposed to represent Trump? Why are they talking about a laptop?

I demand a consistent storyline in my Calvin and Hobbes ripoff comics.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

JamesBont posted:

The skunk Trump represents Trump. Kevin runs for the "Lefty Tea Party" which speaks volumes for how Stantis is coping with 21st century US politics.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JamesBont posted:

Trump is a skunk

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe they should have had Copernicus looking through a telescope and 'Western Media' looking through the same telescope the wrong way around, theirs just comes across as "two people draw conclusions from very limited evidence, neither of which actually happened."
Yeah I didn't say it was a good cartoon lol

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

DalaranJ posted:

Hitch's caricature's are just as elaborate as Telnaes' but I never recognize any of them? And for that matter, I generally have no idea what he's talking about. Are his cartoons directed at a specific state?

Or maybe he just has a caricature drawing side-hustle in the city park and he wants everyone to know. "Hey kid, you like roller skates and t-shirts with nonsense phrases? Sure, ya do!"

I'm not sure if these are supposed to be specific people or not. In this case, the story he's referencing might be this one:

https://wjla.com/news/crisis-in-the...-public-schools

It's also possible he's just going after equity coaches in general, because positions like that are bugbears for the Right. It can be hard to tell sometimes unless you exist inside that media bubble and already know what things they've decided to be mad about lately.

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

JamesBont posted:

Stantis thinks this is a very clever reference to Hunter Biden for some reason, despite the devil bunny having run and won a Senate seat and before that I guess he was Bill Clinton. It's a really obnoxious version of A Thing Happened, like that time he had Putin bomb Carmen's campaign office out of nowhere, which, in hindsight, should be on the Worst A Thing Happened nominations, but I've got no energy to go back and find it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The_Other posted:

Cross-posting from the Funny Panels Thread:

Don't ask me anything about it.

This belongs in the thread's first post for sure.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I thought Kevin was the MAGA bunny, and that he was running against the Hillary bunny?

No force on earth can compel me to actually check, I just took for given that Stantis has no problem having the same character represent Bill Clinton, Marjorie The Gathering and now embattled congressman Hunter Biden.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Marjorie The Gathering

Lmao

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah all those dudes with man buns are rushing to defend Alec Baldwin.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Previously the Baby-Delivery Stork was carrying 2023 before it got attacked by pimp-hats. Kanye the Twitter Bird rallies he other birds and attack them, in order to save 2023 I presume.

SinFest Sunday

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Thank you Satan

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
From his Substack:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Pettyfest

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
lol conservatives still totally shoot even if theres a baby on board

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Skios posted:

From his Substack:

the most timely and recent band this man can dredge up is Panic! At The Disco

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

lol conservatives still totally shoot even if theres a baby on board

Remember; pro-life but only up to the first breath. After the first breath they are just another useless welfare queen/drag on society that shouldn't get any handouts from *mAh TaX dOlLaRs* at best, or target practice at worst.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

the most timely and recent band this man can dredge up is Panic! At The Disco
He writes Sinfests not realities

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Is this woman an established character, or someone new? I can never tell since every women in sinfest looks identical other than the haircut.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A reminder that this is how sinfest got started:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Alhazred posted:

A reminder that this is how sinfest got started:

How old is the guy in the left supposed to be

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

I still unironically love the very first Sinfest strip. The devil buying souls from Lucy's therapy booth from Peanuts is such an adorable In Medias Res introduction. Pity, it never goes anywhere.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

SimonChris posted:

I still unironically love the very first Sinfest strip. The devil buying souls from Lucy's therapy booth from Peanuts is such an adorable In Medias Res introduction. Pity, it never goes anywhere.

The Devil in SInfest is also a perfect barometer for Tatsuya's radicalization. He went from mostly benign and ultimately harmless trickster, just messing with people for the hell of it (and people who mostly deserved it) to Big Evil actively trying to undermine western civilization.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

:megadeath:

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Extreme gangtag potential

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

VitalSigns posted:

Calvin is an elementary schooler. On the other hand Steve Dallas is an adult.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Somebody found some art he did for a yearbook and he just hasn't changed the look of his self-insert since middle school.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Levelling up the Conservative way – All animals are equal but some are more equal than others…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Leopard tank dilemma as Germany tears itself in two over Ukraine

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

UK will send 600 more Brimstone missiles to Ukraine

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I guess he finally ran out of words to rhyme with Riddler and will be giving us ten comics with forced puns on band names.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Why is the "Club" written in blood? Like the worst part about extreme abortion advocates is they formed a club?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, see the wording is a bit vague, but it’s not a club for extreme abortions but rather an extreme club for abortions.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Club as in the weapon, not as in the group of people.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Discendo Vox posted:

Club as in the weapon, not as in the group of people.

That's how you make sure there are no survivors

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I think technically we’re the extreme gay abortion club

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

On the idea of Tony Abbott returning to federal politics.

Kudelka:

The planned referendum is part of implementing the Uluru Statement from the Heart, a 2017 petition from a conference of Indigenous Australian groups as to the best way to achieve reconciliation that the previous government then shelved and ignored. It's why Peter Dutton's current attempt to play partisan politics with the issue is so insidious.

Herbert:

Le Lievre:

Lethbridge:

Broelman:

The women are Jacinda Ardern, Meghan Markle, Brittany Higgins, Grace Tame, Greta Thunberg, and Julia Gillard.

Leak, Son of Leak: