Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

That finale was genuinely touching, well done Tim and Gregg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
that gift was more ridiculous than i could have imagined lol

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I think we all assumed it was a VCR

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i was assuming a movie themed shirt and hat

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I don't know what I did to [axiom and manuel]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The tea has to be twenty years old

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That was great but I have no idea how this transitions into the Oscar Special.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
These guys. They got me smiling just thinking about 'em.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Nichael posted:

That was great but I have no idea how this transitions into the Oscar Special.

I can imagine it starting as a more muted affair, Tim and Gregg in Gregg's apartment watching the Oscars with genuine interest for the first time, until Tim gets a phone call or Axiom/Manuel drop by and it escalates from there.

It's odd, because you could almost end the series here, with Tim and Gregg having a genuine rapport for the first time in a long time, so I wonder how they'll proceed.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Who was Tim's one visitor when he was at hospital? Larue?

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

a marathon of Christmas movies in a filthy apartment would be enough to break anyone, let alone rear end in a top hat narcissist Tim.

Cannot wait to see how this lore develops lmao

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The Hausu Usher posted:

Who was Tim's one visitor when he was at hospital? Larue?

He said "how about someone spending two weeks in the hospital without one visitor"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Nice Tim becomes a doormat and at first it's genuinely good for him to step back and recover from the last decade but the power starts going to Gregg's head and next season inverts their roles as he leans harder than ever into Joker mode

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

they should invite joe over for some movies

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

ALFbrot posted:

He said "how about someone spending two weeks in the hospital without one visitor"

Oh poo poo. This might be the actual rock-bottom, the lowest Tim has ever been.

I died when he said, "I don't know what I did to them" RE: Ax and Manuel. He took skin, eyesight, damaged a brain, their careers, HE TOOK AXIOM'S HAND.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also axiom's sister...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

derp posted:

also axiom's sister...

Hey, he evacuated that situation

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

I give it a week until Gregg's vhscollection goes up in flames.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Lamanda posted:

I give it a week until Gregg's vhscollection goes up in flames.

this, yes, oh man, maybe it will be like oscar special 1 again, just the two of them with a crappy camera and tim puking on vhs tapes

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
it's weird the thing with Axiom's sister wasn't mentioned again, must've been some abandoned plot point. feel like On Cinema is full of those. whatever happened to Mark's baboon movie?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So did Wendy Kirby just run away for good after Tim's creepy sketches? I forget where she exited in the story

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

So did Wendy Kirby just run away for good after Tim's creepy sketches? I forget where she exited in the story

Yeah, toward the end of the Valentines Day special she went to her car and never came back.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
dont know if there's any crossover with redlettermedia fans here, but they just auctioned off a VHS of a terrible 90s movie no one has ever heard of for $80,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbdij5Vi8oY

I wonder if Gregg is going to get into the VHS speculation market

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

That episode is a real pro click. They made a video about VHS speculation and how fraudulent it is, and promptly broke the record for most expensive VHS tape ever sold. Also there's a brief nod to Everything is Terrible's Jerry shrine.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

derp posted:

dont know if there's any crossover with redlettermedia fans here, but they just auctioned off a VHS of a terrible 90s movie no one has ever heard of for $80,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbdij5Vi8oY

I wonder if Gregg is going to get into the VHS speculation market

Gotta love the hack frauds for simultaneously making a video taking the piss out of the speculator's market while setting a new price record. And for even for OC/RLM crossover, Tim had a brief appearance in a fairly early episode of Half in the Bag, as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1C7UCMmF5g.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Crescent Wrench posted:

Gotta love the hack frauds for simultaneously making a video taking the piss out of the speculator's market while setting a new price record. And for even for OC/RLM crossover, Tim had a brief appearance in a fairly early episode of Half in the Bag, as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1C7UCMmF5g.

One of my favorite gifs

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Check out this cool guy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i tried watching the comedy or whatever but it really hosed me up seeing gregg as a mostly normal guy

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

JAMOOOL posted:

it's weird the thing with Axiom's sister wasn't mentioned again, must've been some abandoned plot point. feel like On Cinema is full of those. whatever happened to Mark's baboon movie?

I think they just kind of throw a bunch of stuff out there and come back to it later if they want/it fits

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow it's so cool Hollywood is letting Gregg direct his movie. mazel tov!

Maybe first time in history a real movie buff has creative control of a movie and is ready to deliver

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So the season is done right? Just a future Oscar special left I assume

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They are having a live q&a show on the 30th for hei members

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1617716285932175360?t=iCnsFuiaNZShFuV9CdL5sQ&s=19

Tim has been moviepilled

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god poor tim D:

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Oscar will be hosted by a broken man

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:ohdear:

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Did anyone save any of the patreon content before it went down? Since it sounds like it got scrubbed after they stopped maintaining it and moved to HEI and there was a lot of content lost in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What sort of things were on it?