Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

your friend wicka posted:

It's always such a bummer to think you're good at something and then encounter someone who just utterly outclasses you at it. I've spent like a decade of my life dedicated to being the dumbest, worst poster in this forum, and it was all for naught.

you had a good run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

MACHI
Mar 4, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

there's a sequence of events that could see united joint top by next weekend and I am extremely here for it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

blue footed boobie posted:

Honestly the team is just really good and well rounded and I hate to say it but it all seems to be coming together.

hello bfb. do you think Arteta was right to gently caress off Auba and also knows what he's doing

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vinestalk posted:

I'm glad to say I was wrong about Nketiah. He's been amazing at holding up the ball and pressing defenders.

Partey and Saka played amazingly, but Zinchenko was unreal today. Great in defense, great in attack, broke up play consistently. One of those players that shows urgency when the pressure is on and the team needs a win.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were saying that when they interview him the difference is he doesn't talk about top 4 etc he only ever talks about winning because that is what he was doing at City, presumably his and Jesus's City DNA has infected Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

UnderFreddy posted:

hello bfb. do you think Arteta was right to gently caress off Auba and also knows what he's doing

That seems to be the case OP

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

same

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Really fantastic game. Stadium was absolutely rocking in a way it has basically never done before outside of the NLD.

Zinchenko was very unlucky not to get MOTM. He was outstanding and was absolutely everywhere on the pitch, easily looks like he could fill in at CM if needed.

I definitely need to eat my words about Eddie. Wasn't really convinced by him and thought there was no way he'd cover for Jesus but he's been absolutely fantastic and whilst cover is important I'm much less concerned about needing to sign a starter.

50 points at the halfway mark? Phwoar.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Have they put the new artwork up yet? I went past on Thursday and it hadn't gone up.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Thanks Ants posted:

Have they put the new artwork up yet? I went past on Thursday and it hadn't gone up.

No, they had one of the pieces unveiled in the crowd. Apparently supposed to be up by Brentford according to one of the artists involved.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's amazing anybody thought it was acceptable for it to once look like this

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

well boys, this match is kinda poo poo right now

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Palhinha trying to make it exciting. That's the latest challenge I've seen in a while

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Conte tactics are so loving poo poo

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
why do spurs look so tired all the time

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They don't have the magic inhalers

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

thehandtruck posted:

why do spurs look so tired all the time

Probably because the schedule is loving bonkers. I don't know how many games Tottenham play specifically, but someone posted this about Man Utd yesterday

quote:

Manchester United have played 8 games in the last 27 days (every 3.4 days). They'll now have a 3 day break before playing a confirmed run of 10 games in 32 days (3.2 days). That's 18 games in 59 days (3.3 days).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The World Cup ruined it basically

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

TheRat posted:

Probably because the schedule is loving bonkers. I don't know how many games Tottenham play specifically, but someone posted this about Man Utd yesterday

ya but all the teams have the crazy sched right? spurs looked tired from minute one, even on the attack they look fatigued.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

hell yeah Kane

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Someone please let Martin Tyler retire, my god

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yea they all have an insane schedule, they're all tired and nobody will get any rest before the season is over.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That looked so anticlimatic

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

This is my first time hearing him in a while and all the complaints make sense now

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

what did he do now,

sometimes i forget it's been a good few years since he was the voice of fifa

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

T Bowl posted:

what did he do now,

He's in his late 70s or early 80s, he's commentated the most exciting moments the sport has had to offer, and as a result he's become bored with the sport. All the excitement and passion left him in the mid 2010s and even then it's a pale comparison to what he was like in the 2000s. I'm pretty sure the only reason he stays on is because he makes shitloads of money.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

what did he do now,

Kane scored what was admittedly a pretty great goal and his commentary was literally just "Yes."

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol at kane not scoring that

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Vinestalk posted:

He's in his late 70s or early 80s, he's commentated the most exciting moments the sport has had to offer, and as a result he's become bored with the sport. All the excitement and passion left him in the mid 2010s and even then it's a pale comparison to what he was like in the 2000s. I'm pretty sure the only reason he stays on is because he makes shitloads of money.

Oh, so it's not old man mush brains, just he sounds like he'd rather be napping? lol. Yeah I haven't heard him in forever either unless game highlights have him for some reason. The USA never gets him as the commentator now it seems.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vinestalk posted:

I misread you on first pass and thought you said "he's commenting on the most exciting moments the sport has to offer" and was very confused.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Good god this second half has been awful

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

it was real poo poo but I'll take it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That was a bad football match

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Kane scored what was admittedly a pretty great goal and his commentary was literally just "Yes."

did he at least drag it out like a south american goooooooool

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

United's schedule is probably worse thanks to still being in All The Cups

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

African AIDS cum posted:

Hell yeah Eat poo poo man united and man united fans

Catching up here and agreed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The funniest outcome tonight is Chelsea losing, so bring it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU