Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't care about MHW2 give me more old style MH. Generations Ultimate is the GOAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

generations is a good side game but I don't care for the hunter arts. mh4u, now thats the platonic ideal of a monster hunter

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think I really wanted lock-on for insect glaive, but already trying other stuff even after sorting out how to get lock on to work, was doing a lot of attacking the air really stylishly. Love the bug but kinda wasn't digging the weird resource chores.

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't think it sucked, but its progression had too much padding and repetition. MH already has repetition baked in with collecting materials for your gear, they didn't need to include more by having you fight the same monsters in the same order 3 separate times with only the occasional new ones sprinkled in.

Even in World I would sometimes just be sick of fighting the same thing over and over for a specific bone gamble or whatever and would just give it to myself. I kind of wish you could just prove that you've mastered kicking a specific monster's rear end with your chosen weapon and they just grant you the parts for that monster. I know the whole game hinges on fight monster for parts over and over, but I'm also fine just fighting em all once or twice and moving on.

I also hope the next MH game opens without any of the tutorial menu crafting village explanation dumps, just sticks you in a place where you can easily and freely switch between weapons and just gently caress around and fight gentle monsters to figure out which Charge Blade you'll pick as a Charge Blade since Charge Blade, but theoretically there are other things someone might try instead of going back to Charge Blade

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Monster Hunter but played from the perspective of the beasts, struggling day-to-day to survive the constant onslaught of man (and cat)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ig has a bit of autoaim anyway but the extract zones are pretty forgivingly large for most monsters. head/rear end/body

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Insect Glaive was awesome in MHW (the only Monster Hunter I've played, to be fair) because you could shoot it into the ground to launch you into the air, then blast it backwards to allow you to do a Psycho Crusher while spinning it in front of you like a propeller.

It was rare that all this jumping and flying about actually scored a shot on the bewildered monster I was hunting, but I was having a blast regardless!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight I finished the PlayStation Vita game, Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've beaten 14 games this month but a lot of them have been short (nuclear blaze, super kiwi 64, maptroid worlds, gun devil, to name a few). the longest of course being sophie 2, followed by lingo, then astalon

sophie 2 ended up being a 7 out of 10 for me, not my favorite atelier game. i liked the first sophie more, as well as firis. i guess i still have to play through L&S because i only played a few hours of it

next i have haiku the robot. i played a lil of sunblaze but i'll probably pick at that over time. the serpent rogue i tried but it's very confusing

this is what my planned playlist is at the moment:

Haiku the Robot
Powerslave Exhumed
Star Apprentice: Magical Murder Mystery
Everybody Wham Wham
Super Sami Roll
Viviette
Far: Lone Sails

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm really curious what the possibility of this being good is. I know about the Toukiden games so I don't expect WH to fall on its face, but I feel like they've been really cagey about how various systems work and what makes it unique, there also seems to be no marketing budget at all which is worrisome when you're trying to compete with the playerbase of Capcom's biggest game, though I still expect it to up the ante on some level and force Capcom to deliver.

how did EA end up publishing a KOEI game?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

for insect glaive your job is

1. get your juices (this is made easier in High Rank by equipping bugs that automatically collect a particular color, meaning you only need two)

2. helicoptering up and down the monster's tail like a sicko. note: don't play glaive against volvidon or arzuos

3. goto 1

I "finished" grapple dog tonight. I say "finished" because I got the last hit on the final boss, and then the game crashed. for a pixel art game it runs inexcusably poorly on the switch. but it's 7.50 on steam, probably worth it there. 7/10, great movement, levels go a bit too long, completely uninteresting story, excellent finale that seems to suggest the existence of a grapple dimension ala cyclops's concussive force dimension which is very good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh this quest in The Last Remnant gets worse and worse. Now as well harvesting way more of the original materials I've also got to get a third item which drops off a monster. A rare monster which only sometimes spawns in the dungeon. And nothing I've found online will tell me where the actual spawn points are. I've run in and out of the dungeon a dozen times and I still don't even know if I'm looking in the right place :suicide:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

I really need Dead Space Remake to be out already. I am so excited for that. Less than a week.

they whitewashed Isaac Clarke

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't care about MHW2 give me more old style MH. Generations Ultimate is the GOAT.

Generations Ultimate has a serious argument for being the best value for money of any game ever made. There's just so much great content in it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gripweed posted:

they whitewashed Isaac Clarke

I was about to question this but I looked it up and somehow they managed to whitewash a white guy

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

Ugh this quest in The Last Remnant gets worse and worse. Now as well harvesting way more of the original materials I've also got to get a third item which drops off a monster. A rare monster which only sometimes spawns in the dungeon. And nothing I've found online will tell me where the actual spawn points are. I've run in and out of the dungeon a dozen times and I still don't even know if I'm looking in the right place :suicide:

After reading this and a quick Google I know realize I conflated two games and I have not actually played the Last Remnant. Do own it though, may play it at some point.

Goon luck on your quests Rarity.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I just started playing Chimera Squad and oh my God is the writing horrendous. It wasn't a bad idea to make an XCOM game with a lighter tone, but it's really unfortunate that the creators felt the best way to do that was to make all the characters Marvelesque quipmasters. The gameplay is solid so I'll stick with it a little longer, but man, I can't remember the last time I got such a bad first impression from a title.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/byerollingstar/status/1616985033885241344?s=20&t=JmsDymWszfuzIhutbrCvlw

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
I finished Bioshock and Ni no Kuni allowing me to free up enough hard drive space to download FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. Been waiting decades to hang out with my buddy Cloud again.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Lavatein posted:

I finished Bioshock and Ni no Kuni allowing me to free up enough hard drive space to download FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. Been waiting decades to hang out with my buddy Cloud again.

it's real good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Can you ride a moose in Nier?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think you can drift on one

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bone emulator posted:

it's real good

it is

crisis core reunion on the other hand has me skipping cutscenes left and right. i'm real nervous about how many of these characters and voice actors are going to be imported into FF7R's sequel - caleb pierce especially makes zack sound like kermit the frog with a deviated septum

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am hoping it's just that the va director was asleep at the switch for crisis core reunion, the same actress played aerith in remake and crisis core, she was great in remake and, well

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
crisis core's script and presentation doesn't do it any favors either, that's true, but pierce was a distinct sour note in FF7R as well and sure hasn't done anything to change that impression

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

halfway through haiku the robot (I think)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TLR:

I looked up a video of this quest and it turns out I was looking for the rare spawns in completely the wrong place :negative:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Between playing FFVII Remake and DQXI in the past couple months I’m wondering why all jrpg characters gasp and sigh so much in cutscenes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Not a Children posted:

Between playing FFVII Remake and DQXI in the past couple months I’m wondering why all jrpg characters gasp and sigh so much in cutscenes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Not a Children posted:

That’s just an Animë thing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Not a Children posted:

:hai:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Starting playing persona 4 and it's pretty good but nowhere near as slick and stylish as persona 5 :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

... ... !

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

...?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tch...!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ufufu~

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
playing Castlevania symphony of the night on my steam deck and… it’s pretty good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Not a Children posted:

It's because the Japanese are hosed up and talk wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think the gasping and sighing is badass personally