Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I do gotta hand it to James W., making the sexy elf subfaction into a sexy medusa faction was truly inspired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

War and Pieces posted:

I do gotta hand it to James W., making the sexy elf subfaction into a sexy medusa faction was truly inspired

The models are extremely cool. I built the ones from the supply drop and instantly went I need more of these.

I've also been catching up on the Morathi fiction and she's a massive dickhead I love it.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I like what you did with the base

thanks, it's just various blues drybrushed over black. Very quick and easy.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Winklebottom posted:

thanks, it's just various blues drybrushed over black. Very quick and easy.

Dang this is gorgeous.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/16/there-are-lots-of-bloody-things-in-the-age-of-sigmar-but-whats-the-bloodiest/

They're teasing a new Warcry warband, in a rather interesting way.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

It looks like two warbands, maybe.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm glad Ghorraghan Khai made it out of Thondia and into the Beasts core plot stuff. That's cool. Also them naming a Cygor and giving his warband a new name ('Quakefray') is neat, wonder if that's gonna be a new monster-focus subfac.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Left is either a Khorne or Beasts of Chaos guy. Pauldrons, scimitars, and thin silhouette makes me think some kind of elf - Daughters of Khaine certainly fits the blood theme. But the bone-y mantle-headdress thing doesn't really fit the DOK aesthetic. Some kinda vampire maybe? Also fits the blood theme.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Geisladisk posted:

Left is either a Khorne or Beasts of Chaos guy. Pauldrons, scimitars, and thin silhouette makes me think some kind of elf - Daughters of Khaine certainly fits the blood theme. But the bone-y mantle-headdress thing doesn't really fit the DOK aesthetic. Some kinda vampire maybe? Also fits the blood theme.

my call is Khorne on the left and Slaanesh on the right

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I think the one on the right is a vampire.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Almost assuredly some flavor of ghoul or vampire - there's a "Count Moltaire Bloodhunt" with the FEC symbol in the latest Warcry compendium.

I think Khorne vs. FEC is the most plausible matchup given the info we've got.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He's got some kind of little skull thing above his head too but it looks weird.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
I may have had a couple of drinks and ordered a Skaven army last night.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I've been very busy last weekend... Not finished yet, still have a Mortek Guard, stalkers, and harvester left

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Does anyone know if the masks on Khinerai heartrenders and Melusai blood sisters are the welded on sisters of slaughter type or just there to look more spooky? There's nothing in the book about masks for these units. I'm not stressed about the minis being lore appropriate and in game they'll have the right weapons, just wondering.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JBP posted:

Does anyone know if the masks on Khinerai heartrenders and Melusai blood sisters are the welded on sisters of slaughter type or just there to look more spooky? There's nothing in the book about masks for these units. I'm not stressed about the minis being lore appropriate and in game they'll have the right weapons, just wondering.

Just masks.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Heads up! The official app has just been updated with the new points. The StD book codes should work now too.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The army that ended up with the StD abbreviation should have been Slaanesh, honestly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh they changed the points for DoK to being higher. That's great! Fewer models to paint and get started!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

two days, and built all this

I am tired now

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

King Brodd is ready to go for Cancon:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

But you can't rest, now you must paint them.

Also I discovered last night GW has decided to make certain models only available via the Vanguard boxes now. The Branchwych, the Melusai Ironscale and the Tidecaster are all unavailable on their own now.
Really annoying when I would need two of those to make models of my group's Soulbound party in the future.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

But you can't rest, now you must paint them.

Also I discovered last night GW has decided to make certain models only available via the Vanguard boxes now. The Branchwych, the Melusai Ironscale and the Tidecaster are all unavailable on their own now.
Really annoying when I would need two of those to make models of my group's Soulbound party in the future.

Well, yeah. I just wanted to have them ready for this Sunday's small noob battles I'm doing with some neighbors.

I now have three age of Sigmar armies, each around 1000? points :retrogames:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

King Brodd is ready to go for Cancon:

This looks awesome. Fantastic work. Love the yellow and blue and I really like having such a vibrant base.

Is there any way or 3rd party kit to reverse the legs on the Sons? I would love a Brodd but I’d also really like to change up the silhouette on those big boys.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/22/sunday-preview-beasts-and-gitz-tear-the-mortal-realms-in-twain

Next weekend sees the pre-orders for both the Beastmen and Gloomspite Gits battle tomes, alongside their new model(s), as well as Vanguard boxes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

the goats cometh

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I only want the book and squig herder

Edit: are the data cards worth it

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 22, 2023

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Absolutely not, they're maybe nice to have for a month or two for playing games but just use the app to look up stats because the cards can't be updated with errata.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Agreed. Still, my local group buys all these cards for the community "library". They are pretty good for teaching the game or teaching a new army.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

the data cards are worth it maybe if you can convince your opponents to not play with any FAQs, updates, or errata. I think sometimes GW has gotten fast enough at minor updates that the cards are out of date on the retail release.

Just print out what you need before a game so you have the latest info. Age of Sigmar reminders is still a fantastic site and I wish 40k had anything similar https://aosreminders.com/

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/22/sunday-preview-beasts-and-gitz-tear-the-mortal-realms-in-twain

Next weekend sees the pre-orders for both the Beastmen and Gloomspite Gits battle tomes, alongside their new model(s), as well as Vanguard boxes.

Aw yeah new goats

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Kind of surprised they even bothered to make a BoC Vanguard box with all those ugly rear end ancient sculpts. All the beastmen artwork is so fuckin' cool and all the actual models are so disappointing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Probably because it'd be weird if they, out of all factions, didn't have a Vanguard box.

Also have a closer look at the new Snarlfangs kit.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/23/snarlfangs-are-a-grots-sort-of-not-quite-best-friend/

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Probably because it'd be weird if they, out of all factions, didn't have a Vanguard box.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/23/snarlfangs-are-a-grots-sort-of-not-quite-best-friend/

I love them, but at the same time they stick out like a sore thumb against the rest of the Gitz. Maybe they'll build out their faction over time.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Too Atilla the Hun aesthetics for me

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah it feels like they've just gone "Well, people liked the old wolf rider kits" and remade those without consideration for the aesthetic of the Gloomspite. Which, I mean, is kinda on thin ice because they still have the old spider rider models, but moving more towards the night goblin stuff surely would have been the move.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

They're awesome models in a vacuum and I'm guessing they plan on fleshing out the Gitmob as a sort of parallel faction within Gloomspite, but yeah it's kind of a weird decision. Feels like it should have been part of a larger rollout if that's the case.

Kinda weird considering Spider Riders are already right there as a mobile cavalry option, they just needed to fix the way all the little sub-factions interact so you aren't punished for mixing them up. If anyone needed new cavalry if was probably Kruleboyz, who play nothing like their lore would imply and are basically stuck into one very boring playstyle that they're not even good at.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 23, 2023

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Gitmobs have been namedropped a bunch in the past few books. Their gimmick is apparently that they worship the sun and stars rather than hating them. Or possibly in addition to hating them.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

More details about the new city book for Soulbound:

https://cubicle7games.com/blog/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-ulfenkarn-city-at-the-edge-of-death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I love that cover.