Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Completely forgot that the womens march was a thing / happened and just saw an article about how this years is "bigger than roe" but lol only like 1000 people were registered on any event pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1617175432541114368

VOTE

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

Completely forgot that the womens march was a thing / happened and just saw an article about how this years is "bigger than roe" but lol only like 1000 people were registered on any event pages.

A Democrat is in the White House and the Democrats won the mid terms. What is there to worry about?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Let me be clear- if you like your baby, you can keep it!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

silicone thrills posted:

The Israel lobby killed it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lmao at the no fly list being way bigger than the govt (via trusting media mouthpieces) ever acknowledged, unless everyone on the list has 50 aliases

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Lmao at the no fly list being way bigger than the govt (via trusting media mouthpieces) ever acknowledged, unless everyone on the list has 50 aliases

Wouldn’t be surprised if some civil servant looking to sneak out early on a Friday afternoon just added a random selection of the Karachi white pages to bulk it out real quick

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mastershakeman posted:

i'm sure it includes everyone the military ever detained in iraq and afghanistan at a minimum

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

remember when obama promised on the campaign trail to work for the freedom of choice act and then immediately gave it up lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/datainput/status/1617222590258614273/video/1

checking in on the women's march on the anniversary of 50 years of roe, in downtown manhattan, looks like they've got..125 people? maybe 130.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

Let me be clear- if you like your baby, you can keep it!

Look, uhhhhhh...if you like your Supreme Court seat...uhhhh, and you're 500 years old and have stage 12 colon cancer, uhhhhhh...you can keep it!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A real Christian would be able to exercise their own house.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Some Guy TT posted:

that was actually more relevant than the typical succ zone acab tweet because it directly connects cops being evil with democrats running city governments

weird how we dont talk more about democrats running the police when cop murders are such a big social justice issue now

there is no power in America capable of reigning in the police force

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

mastershakeman posted:

https://twitter.com/datainput/status/1617222590258614273/video/1

checking in on the women's march on the anniversary of 50 years of roe, in downtown manhattan, looks like they've got..125 people? maybe 130.

i've probably told this story before, but i went to the women's march in DC like.. 3 years ago? cause my wife really wanted to and we lived close. they spent like an hour trying to teach everyone some stupid dance to do in front of the white house, but no one could see or hear them so it was pointless. then they finally finally finally got going and it was so slow that we lasted like a block before we said gently caress it and went to a bar instead.

also there was a guy canvassing for biden and I said "why on earth would you support him?" and he goes "i'm just doing this as a favor for a friend"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Obama was elected president on Nov. 4, 2008. At a news conference marking his first 100 days in office, he was asked about the Freedom of Choice Act.

“Now, the Freedom of Choice Act is not my highest legislative priority,” Obama said. “I believe that women should have the right to choose, but I think that the most important thing we can do to tamp down some of the anger surrounding this issue is to focus on those areas that we can agree on. And that’s where I’m going to focus.”

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hate Obama

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

doing the mayor pete dance today

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

Obama was elected president on Nov. 4, 2008. At a news conference marking his first 100 days in office, he was asked about the Freedom of Choice Act.

“Now, the Freedom of Choice Act is not my highest legislative priority,” Obama said. “I believe that women should have the right to choose, but I think that the most important thing we can do to tamp down some of the anger surrounding this issue is to focus on those areas that we can agree on. And that’s where I’m going to focus.”

He didn't even do whatever the hell he was talking about

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Spime Wrangler posted:

there is no power in America capable of reigning in the police force

a bigger police force maybe

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
me: man this jeff zients guy sounds super loving familiar, i wonder why???

quote:

After college, Zients worked in management consulting for Mercer Management Consulting (now Oliver Wyman) and Bain & Company. As a consultant Zients reportedly "fell in love with Bain's culture, teamwork … and analytical rigor".[9] After Bain, he was appointed the chief operating officer of DGB Enterprises, a holding company for the Advisory Board Company, Corporate Executive Board, and Atlantic Media Company.[10]

At age 35, Zients was named to Fortune Magazine's "40 under 40", with an estimated wealth of $149 million.[11]

oh yeah ok that makes sense.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
obama is the perfect human being and any criticism of him at all is racist so i'm choosing to respect black lives by doing gently caress all to protect abortion just like my hero thank you

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

from the new harvard-harris poll:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i like the 'never heard of them' people. they are the future of the country, if there is any.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

if we assume all uninformed voters are actually great people who can be brought to see the light of democracy shining over rethuglicanism, then it stands to reason that christopher wray has the most potential we've seen in a generation

we haven't seen him but u know what i mean

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

A roughly even number of Americans now identify as or lean toward Democrats or Republicans, a new Gallup poll finds, the first time that’s happened in over a decade, as Democrats’ historic advantage over the GOP has been erased as more Americans now lean toward the right.

That’s the first time since 2011 that the parties have been roughly evenly divided, with Democrats previously holding at least a three-point advantage over Republicans for every year from 2012 to 2021, including a 46% advantage in 2021.

The poll also marks the first time since 1991 that Republicans have had at least a slight advantage over Democrats, with previous polls in 2002, 2003 and 2011 having them dead even at 45% each.

Gallup attributes the increase in GOP support to Americans’ “dissatisfaction with the state of the nation” in 2022, when Democrats controlled both the White House and Congress.

Most Americans still identify as Independents rather than with a political party, with 41% identifying as Independents versus 28% each as Republicans or Democrats.

That’s roughly similar to 2021, when 42% identified as Independents, 29% identified as Democrats and 27% as Republicans.

TANGENT
The Gallup poll was conducted throughout 2022 through a series of telephone interviews with 10,736 U.S. adults.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Gallup predicts that party identifications in 2023 will be similar to 2022, noting that’s been the case in past years following a midterm election in which the president’s party lost control of the House.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

hey remember when The Twitter Files was supposed to be a "nothingburger"?
that's just against corporate tos. it's their website they can do what they want! no i'm not saying billionaires should be able to control speech online!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Unimaginably cursed

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1617028998759944192?s=20

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

tristeham posted:

i like the 'never heard of them' people. they are the future of the country, if there is any.

Being someone without an entrenched hatebase at the start of his presidency worked very well for Obama.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

LegoMan posted:

He didn't even do whatever the hell he was talking about

sure he did, he bombed the wedding of a brown family

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

snl is not funny
joe biden is bad

okay thanks for reading

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

tristeham posted:

My favorite will always be that old poll that had a demographic group consisting of people who (a) thought Hillary Clinton was a literal demon and (b) still intended to vote for her. I think it was about 3% of the sample or something.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the church of satan is real :twisted:

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

docbeard posted:

My favorite will always be that old poll that had a demographic group consisting of people who (a) thought Hillary Clinton was a literal demon and (b) still intended to vote for her. I think it was about 3% of the sample or something.

it was florida lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

docbeard posted:

lol

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

doing the mayor pete dance today

How is that different than any other day for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Narrator: