Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Spangly A posted:

Facebook was a website for rating the tits of ivy league women that became so popular so fast it crashed their research networks, which got zuck suspended. All of that was public record long before he got rich and famous

thats just regular being a creep you cant just call everyone who does a misogynist thing a proto incel that leads you to some very silly places like having your movies final shot being a guy pathetically trying to find a woman online when he already had a steady girlfriend and was a few years off from getting married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

thats just regular being a creep you cant just call everyone who does a misogynist thing a proto incel that leads you to some very silly places like having your movies final shot being a guy pathetically trying to find a woman online when he already had a steady girlfriend and was a few years off from getting married

as we all know, men never do such things, and definitely not in fiction to make a thematic point

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ArmZ posted:

yea do you know how to use Google or a similar service

youre the one who brought it up and its not a particularly easy thing to search for jackass

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

WampaLord posted:

as we all know, men never do such things, and definitely not in fiction to make a thematic point

zuckerberg is so pathetic he needs validation from a random badass paralegal and cant just go home and have sex with his girlfriend so he wont be so mad would be a pretty funny ending but its not the one the movie does

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Social Network and Pirates of Silicon Valley makes a great double feature

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Watch Social Network second of course

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Hail Caesar is really really good, is the only movie about Hollywood worth a drat imo

For Your Consideration is great, one of Catherine O' Hara's best performances

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

did anyone else find it weird that the steve jobs movie was an omnibus of his failed ideas but it also acts like his failed ideas were brilliant and that he basically invented mp3 players

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's the comedic equivalent of watching someone blindfolded being slowly conveyored into a meat grinder but if you can stomach it, terrific comedic performances from all of Christopher Guest's regulars.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

did anyone else find it weird that the steve jobs movie was an omnibus of his failed ideas but it also acts like his failed ideas were brilliant and that he basically invented mp3 players

The only one I watched was the one Justin Long made based on the Steve Jobs Wikipedia page

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
If hollywood is going to continually reboot things, I hope they start doing it without even saying it's a reboot at all.

Like give me a season-long legal procedural about how a rich mogul could insert his adult son into the public school system as part of a petty wager but don't mention that it's Billy Madison at all.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Didn't part of the manufactured outrage come because people convinced themselves Yimou was cucked by the government after they censored raised the red lantern? His to live movie was just obvious critiques, but I always love it when censors can find the hidden poo poo that I completely whiff on like lantern or spirit of the beehive.

Anyways hero is absolutely a top ten movie all time - Doyle going apeshit on color saturation, Yimou at his peak, and look at this loving cast:
Leung
Cheung
Li
Yen
Ziyi

Incredible. It's inarguably the best looking (actors + everything else) action movie ever made

I don't remember that, just every review of the movie saying that the message of the movie about a strong State was CCP propaganda.

The movie does loving own though. Wolf Warrior too

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

If hollywood is going to continually reboot things, I hope they start doing it without even saying it's a reboot at all.

Like give me a season-long legal procedural about how a rich mogul could insert his adult son into the public school system as part of a petty wager but don't mention that it's Billy Madison at all.

I fuckin wish for this future

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
a dramatic take on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air would be amazing i bet

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

That's how it was presented to people at the time the ipod came out

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Eason the Fifth posted:

Didn't that just happen? They had a gritty dramatic Fresh Prince show and it was awful?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KomradeX posted:

Didn't that just happen? They had a gritty dramatic Fresh Prince show and it was awful?

season two's trailer just got released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2Hm3rikBg

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

even if you don't like Hail Caesar, it's worth it entirely for the "the studios control the means of production! punchline

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

KomradeX posted:

:thejoke:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Eason the Fifth posted:

origin story for the cab driver that ends with him picking up a pair of bloodstained fuzzy dice

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i say swears online posted:

lol ya. i figured i could dive right in and pick up on what happened but that did not happen

You haven't watched the first two?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

even if you don't like Hail Caesar, it's worth it entirely for the "the studios control the means of production! punchline

and Burn after Reading for the ending. I have for some reason not seen Intolerable Cruelty but Ladykillers is the only one I never want to see again.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/rebelmoonzs/status/1616680809334968323

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Spangly A posted:

lynches dune is great, you cannot possibly argue that hotpants sting hopping around excitedly squealing IMA KILL YOOOOOOU is in a bad film.

I do not care what the modern consensus is, wild at heart is a sloppy mess that has a lot of great moments but ultimately coasts on people laughing at nicholas cage symbol of individuality and his belief.... in personal freedom

I like it, hard to say there's any part I would cut, but still the narrative pacing is off that's true. The deleted scenes show there was a different arc for Lula which was mostly much worse - she's more like her mom (evil) and it was her retarded cousin who got her pregnant, not uncle pooch.

Wild at Heart was a much different film for the french who I hear loving loved it, it was an endless american fantasy film and had a mother wanting to gently caress her son in law on top.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Didn't part of the manufactured outrage come because people convinced themselves Yimou was cucked by the government after they censored raised the red lantern? His to live movie was just obvious critiques, but I always love it when censors can find the hidden poo poo that I completely whiff on like lantern or spirit of the beehive.

Anyways hero is absolutely a top ten movie all time - Doyle going apeshit on color saturation, Yimou at his peak, and look at this loving cast:
Leung
Cheung
Li
Yen
Ziyi

Incredible. It's inarguably the best looking (actors + everything else) action movie ever made

Ziyi is her first name

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

uber_stoat posted:

and Burn after Reading for the ending. I have for some reason not seen Intolerable Cruelty but Ladykillers is the only one I never want to see again.

yeah burn after reading is kinda hit and miss but its got a perfect punchline. i'm actually midway through a coens marathon and trying to decide if i should even bother with intolerable cruelty/ladykillers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if we're talking Zhang Yimou, I've always liked Curse of the Golden Flower most of that trilogy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Some Guy TT posted:

youre the one who brought it up and its not a particularly easy thing to search for jackass

lol someone who never posts links asking for links

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Hail Caesar is really really good, is the only movie about Hollywood worth a drat imo

Mank was pretty good

also has Bill Nye as a union activist

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

lol someone who never posts links asking for links

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

You haven't watched the first two?

no way i was a normal kid

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i say swears online posted:

no way i was a normal kid

well you did the most insane thing you could've, and you've also missed out on one of the best tv shows ever made. Luckily you can fix this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm almost certain watching the original twin peaks is not going to help me understand season 3

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

its a loving murder mystery dude. its incredibly accessible if you go in from the start and was hugely popular at the time. when you watch it you will notice a bunch of things that every tv show since has obviously drawn from.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

this rules

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Some Guy TT posted:

am I misremembering, or was the final shot not that

I remember it as him constantly refreshing to see if the friend request he sent to the girl who expertly dismantled him and rejected him at the date at the start of the film got accepted

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

edit: yah actually you are right, it's the first girl

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I watched M3GAN in a pretty full theater and it was super fun

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hail Caesar is good just for the priest/rabbi scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJEiDRi4Itc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

M3gan looks identical to the Childs Play remake with Mark Hamil. Does it do anything to make itself different and worth watching?