Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Finished Devs. There was an ending where I was like :hellyeah:, but then it kept going and going and got more and more :shrug:

It’s not a horrible ending and overall I’d say it’s worth watching, but I kind of feel like a better ending would be she throws the gun away, they cross over without incident, she walks away having proven their entire Thing is bullshit, Forrest is just left gibbering and crying because everything he’s worked towards just got upended like it was nothing because it was.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I can't deny the "I also saw X" conversation is never a great one, but please take into account the alternative was continuing to talk about andor

I haven’t seen X yet is it really that bad? :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Fury Toad is the is the Hell Comes to Frog Town sequel that we deserve.

However I don’t know who could ever replace Rowdy Roddy.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I saw Fury Loads and my favorite scene was Immortan Joe dropping huge loads on the thirsty cumsluts below

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I saw Fury Loads and my favorite scene was Immortan Joe dropping huge loads on the thirsty cumsluts below

"do not get addicted to" etc.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Fury Chables

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

im just gonna watch Fury Road tonight gently caress i

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I get what Mike is saying about how Star Trek used to be about hyper-competent professionals solving space problems. But today, hyper-competent professionals are also quippy, and it's a failure of Mike to keep up. No wonder Shatner thinks he's a dumb boomer.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

sure okay posted:

im just gonna watch Fury Road tonight gently caress i

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

First of May posted:

I get what Mike is saying about how Star Trek used to be about hyper-competent professionals solving space problems. But today, hyper-competent professionals are also quippy, and it's a failure of Mike to keep up. No wonder Shatner thinks he's a dumb boomer.

House doesn't work when everyone is House. You're allowed ONE House.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Strange new worlds isn’t perfect but it feels written by people who basically understand and don’t despise Star Trek so I think Mike bailed a bit early

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike is a beaten down dog of a Trek fan so I can’t be mad that he’s snarling at SNW, I can only pity him

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I watched about half of Skinamarink tonight and just got too anxious, so put on The Menu instead. It's quite the ride and darkly funny. I had an idea what would happen but it went in directions I was not expecting, lol.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Stink Billyums posted:

House doesn't work when everyone is House. You're allowed ONE House.

In Starfleet, everyone is House.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
House doesn’t constantly shout gently caress I LOVE MEDICINE!!!!

Actually does he? I never watched it :dog:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The blonde Australian doctor (the blaustroctor) yells that a few times I think

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
house loves ketracel white

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

jeeves posted:

THATS THE POWER OF VICODIN PEOPLE!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

jeeves posted:

Fury Toad is the is the Hell Comes to Frog Town sequel that we deserve.

However I don’t know who could ever replace Rowdy Roddy.

Robert Z'Dar, apparently

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

jeeves posted:

He did have a catchphrase it was "Foreman you're a criminal because of your race" wait no actually it was "Everybody Lies".

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The only character in Strange New Worlds that is remotely quippy and "nu-trekky" is the blonde woman, everyone else is a professional from what I remember.

Mike hosed up!!!1

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

has Mike talked about the Orville? I enjoyed all 3 seasons of that a lot so I'd be curious to see his take on it.

Would also love to see him talk about Red Dwarf but that's very bri'ish so I doubt that'll happen

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The Orville was mediocre at best

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

The only character in Strange New Worlds that is remotely quippy and "nu-trekky" is the blonde woman, everyone else is a professional from what I remember.

Mike hosed up!!!1

Pike's the worst offender in SNW

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

First of May posted:

as a hyper competent professional, i

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

bitterandtwisted posted:

Pike's the worst offender in SNW

Pike is like Kirk, he plays fast and loose

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
My family couldnt afford Fury Road, we had to settle for Rage Avenue.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

WHEDONPILE!!

https://i.imgur.com/0dBukav.mp4

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

First of May posted:

they’re not civilians, they’re military which last I checked looked down upon officers and crew yelling “THATS THE POWER OF MATH PEOPLE” when trying to transit a crowded shipping lane in an aircraft carrier

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Collapsing Farts posted:

The Orville was mediocre at best

People would have hated the Orville if it were a Trek show or if Discovery hadn't existed.

The crazy thing is that Orville REALLY almost has the feel of one of those 70s/90s live-action Saturday morning fantasy/adventure/SF series. If the Saturday Morning Cartoon line-up format still existed, a slight retooling of the show would have been made it great for a single season that flopped but then 20 years later people would insist was really awesome.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they’re not civilians, they’re military which last I checked looked down upon officers and crew yelling “THATS THE POWER OF MATH PEOPLE” when trying to transit a crowded shipping lane in an aircraft carrier

in the first season of TNG picard says Star fleet isnt a military force

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

priznat posted:

I watched about half of Skinamarink tonight and just got too anxious, so put on The Menu instead. It's quite the ride and darkly funny. I had an idea what would happen but it went in directions I was not expecting, lol.

I turned off Skinamarink at about the 40 minute mark, I just couldn’t commit to another hour. I lost sleep after Hereditary and had a hard time getting through House of Leaves. It’s not that I don’t get creeped out, this movie just didn’t work for me, at all.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

has Mike talked about the Orville? I enjoyed all 3 seasons of that a lot so I'd be curious to see his take on it.

Would also love to see him talk about Red Dwarf but that's very bri'ish so I doubt that'll happen

Mike and Rich talked about The Orville's first season on a Re:View episode, doing a comparison to one of the recent Star Trek shows IIRC. I think Mike was ambivalent towards it, whereas Rich loved it because it hit all his TNG nostalgia buttons.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Ups_rail posted:

in the first season of TNG picard says Star fleet isnt a military force

*looks at their uniforms, ranks, weapons, job of defending the federation*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNy--_r5eW0

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Have you heard voice comms from modern military? Lots of bs and less than professional phrases

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also TNG had a relaxed and quippy crew by their standards. Remember when jellicoe shows up and makes troi actually wear an uniform on the bridge

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
My guess is that Starfleet tries to hide the fact that's it's not a 'military' organization the same way that Walmart's not a 'grocery store' despite selling groceries.

It's possible that in Gene's 80s vision of Trek Starfleet that being an all-in-one agency excuses it from being considered 'military', especially if showrunners want to use every alien species they run up with as having their own military set up more independently of other related agencies.

Bad example, but it'd be like the Americorps, Peace Corps, Salvation Army, and KISS Army members and ranks could instantly be part of Air Force or Navy duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Mike's just sick of modern Star Trek and doesn't want to watch more of it. There's not much more to it than that. People who wanted to watch more than 1 episode can still watch and like it.