Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Xerol posted:

Wheat is just the worst in endgame. Too slow to grow a lot of but doesn't really seem worth using grape juice on either.

I've been using them on pine and cabbage every day for the last month, I'll probably be okay with using them on wheat when I get there lol

I'm at tower 89 and just realized I need T100 to do the last couple of glacier lake effect quests, so I've got a month to grind out ten GMs. I think I can get one or two relatively simply from fishing, and three more if I open 100 large chests so that'll happen easily just from opening them for wheel spins every day. The rest I'm going to have to grind a lot for. Maybe I'll work on whispering creek stuff to see if I can grind out the raptor merit badge over the next month too.

Feels like I'm running out of content some days though! I think it's just because of how front-loaded the game is with things to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah after a bit you just end up GJing whatever slowish growing crop you need right now.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Tahirovic posted:

That depends a bit on quest progress as well. I forgot what quest line the macaw was needed for, but I think it was Pirate Cove, which is a huge step over Large Islands.

The Macaw itself makes a couple million a day by the way.

Both are valid options but Macaw will help you make more money quicker.

Cool, thanks. Cash is what I’m worried about most atm because of the quests I’m stuck on. I need anglerfish, gold leaves, and other annoying drops for Parts Unknown, Intruders Beware (this is the next fishing one I think), etc. Might as well focus on filling some gaps now that I am making lantern & LI fishing money. I’ll go with the bird if that’ll help.

edit: what should I be unlocking and selling from the macaw? Ive been keeping most things locked cause of quests.

kaptainkaffeine fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 21, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Xerol posted:

Wheat is just the worst in endgame. Too slow to grow a lot of but doesn't really seem worth using grape juice on either.

It's endgame corn, right down to the amount of time it takes to grow. Just long enough you forget about it and waste a bunch of time not growing anything.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

koshmar posted:

It's endgame corn, right down to the amount of time it takes to grow. Just long enough you forget about it and waste a bunch of time not growing anything.

I feel seen :negative:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Who are folks not at 99 exploring? (in game names) I'm making the occasional food for that and try mailing them out.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

H110Hawk posted:

Who are folks not at 99 exploring? (in game names) I'm making the occasional food for that and try mailing them out.

I am one, but I have plenty of onion soup and am making more to slowly level cooking. Feel free to dump it on everyone else because I can't keep up with the cycle right now the way it is.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

4000 watermelons for the new far away quests

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i refuse to progress in the far away quest chain until i have room in my inventory for 2,000 more mega beet seeds. and yes, i will continue buying more mega beet seeds any time they're on sale.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Mirabile dictu, a barrage of APs finally got me to Exploring 99. Bear, Fox and Blue Dragon bought and 6ed, Capybara is next once my silver recharges.

Staring at my revised questlines, in the rough order that I think I should spend time and effort on them:
* Glacier Lake Effect III -- 100 Honey, 500 Corn and 10 Sea Pincher/Quandary rewards? Yes please, even if it means going back into Pine Hell.
* Giamics' Jubilee -- Nice rewards, I have the Small Screws, so just miscellaneous farming and crafting.
* A Towering Investment III -- Honey-locked and therefore timelocked, I'm at 369/600. Adding the bear will help accelerate that.
* A Wall in the Way VIII -- Watermelon-locked.
* A Way Back II -- Honey-locked and honey goes to ATI III first and foremost.
* Defenses and Consequences XXI -- Honey-locked, see above.
* Corn Quandary XV -- is Corn Quandary.
* The Collector - Goldfish -- Owl is staying level 5 until I am drowning in honey, so this can't be completed without burning Jack-o-Lanterns in the Well and luck.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

H110Hawk posted:

Same as IG name, I'm only at like 80 something exploring. Thanks

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Did the value of sturdy shields get changed? I'm only making half of what I was a few days ago. Ive been spending all my money upgrading my sawmill all week and now it doesn't seem worth it. I was getting like nearly 750,000 for like 90 shields and now I'm not even getting 400,000

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Start using your wishes on owls and flutes if you care about this.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
I just got a bunch of silver for GMing Iron Rings and am looking for the next thing so spend it on. I have the billion row of crops, a lvl 6 macaw and lvl 6 python. I'm 99/99/96/85, I have Large Island but on Intruders Beware VI. Do I save it for another pet, get the 1billion +2 storehouse? Thanks again goons for all of the assistance, It's been a blessing

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Storehouse is a obvious choice.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Storehouse is a obvious choice.

Yeah, that was what I was heavily leaning towards

noctrine
Jan 3, 2008
Servant of Olofin
Yam Slacker
Hi all, I’m a new player (“Mussel Cop” in game).

Just got the January starter pack so I could use the gold for Iron Depot to ease the silver generation from the sawmill boards -> sturdy shields cycle.

Anyway I had made a few shields before doing the starter pack and Iron Depot but now I can’t craft Sturdy Shields because the craft button is pink and says “no silver”. Screenshot attached. Any ideas as to why I can’t craft those shields? I tried the “pull down to refresh” and the refresh button top right. And force quitting the app. Using iOS app version. Thanks in advance.

(Typing on mobile; apologies)

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

"No Silver" means you're all out of money. Sell some stuff you don't need (white item name).

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
It's an annoying bug that if you have the stuff to make 20 items but the silver to make 10 it locks you out.

noctrine
Jan 3, 2008
Servant of Olofin
Yam Slacker
Thanks H110Hawk—that was it. Just needed more silver before I could adjust the quantity to craft.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

rafikki posted:

Start using your wishes on owls and flutes if you care about this.

Here we go!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Here we go!

lol we are literally at the exact same point

I need another 5 days of storehouse upgrades before I can actually finish it though

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Goes to show the power of the storehouse. I'm up at 25xx right now. I also go much slower.

Wound up grinding a bunch of masteries today, burned 2400 large nets, then climbed 25bn worth of tower.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ragvin you piece of poo poo

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Today’s vault was 1 in a million.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

There’s a new pet for 4b - spotted seal

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

1 in 10000

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
There’s a new pet out, the spotted seal. 4x99 to buy for 4B

Level 1 Items - Runestone 06 , Moonstone , Snowball , Blue Purse
Level 3 Items - Iced Tea, Seaweed , Mittens , Rice
Level 6 Items - Blue Gel , Gold Sea Crest , Frost Snapper Shell , Glacierstone

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yay new pet?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wonder why snowballs?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Finally got my first Raptor to level 10.

He is 3-29 overall. I think he might be more suited for a desk job, or maybe color commentary.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Any of you kind farmers have an extra runestone 6,7,&10 you can spare? I've been trying to get one to drop all week and I'm having no luck. I'm Jim Jones in-game.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Proletarian Mango posted:

Any of you kind farmers have an extra runestone 6,7,&10 you can spare? I've been trying to get one to drop all week and I'm having no luck. I'm Jim Jones in-game.

You can’t mail them unfortunately. There are secondary locations and the wishing well to help you out at least. Check the page in the in game library for Runestones or buddy.farm to find out what you can throw in the well to fill in the spots.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Jhet posted:

You can’t mail them unfortunately. There are secondary locations and the wishing well to help you out at least. Check the page in the in game library for Runestones or buddy.farm to find out what you can throw in the well to fill in the spots.

Ah bummer. Thanks for the tip tho. I always forget about the library.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

delfin posted:

Finally got my first Raptor to level 10.

He is 3-29 overall. I think he might be more suited for a desk job, or maybe color commentary.

Could be worse

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Is Model Ship jail a thing? Is there a way out of it? Because it sucks and I hate it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
That seal just brought me a Glacier Stone worth 500k.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I am currently in cogwheel jail as I have three quests that you need 20+ cogwheels in, and I'm finding one or two a day.

At least for the salt I sometimes reach five a day!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

I am currently in cogwheel jail as I have three quests that you need 20+ cogwheels in, and I'm finding one or two a day.

At least for the salt I sometimes reach five a day!

Open your large chest 02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Open your large chest 02

Huzzah! Quest train moving again. ( though I fuckes up the math and voided 50 small screws by accident by opening the last few chests at once.