Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ronin1138 posted:

I regret bringing up Sony because the last thing I wanted to see is more paragraphs written about loving the last of us

I'm not going to judge what people do in the privacy of their homes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Last video game I bought was Elden Ring lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Last video game I bought was Elden Ring lol

last one you need to buy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lo Wang?? Shadow warrior 3 confirmed?? :haw:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

confirmed when it came out last march!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

confirmed when it came out last march!

On gamepass I meant!

I thought I had heard a rumour about it coming a while back.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Ronin1138 posted:

I regret bringing up Sony because the last thing I wanted to see is more paragraphs written about loving the last of us

Its the schindlers list of video games.

Ronin1138
Jan 16, 2019

by Hand Knit

priznat posted:

On gamepass I meant!

I thought I had heard a rumour about it coming a while back.

I got about half way through the first one (not the 90s original) and it wasn’t very good. Did the sequels improve it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ronin1138 posted:

I got about half way through the first one (not the 90s original) and it wasn’t very good. Did the sequels improve it?

made it worse, if anything

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ronin1138 posted:

2 was fine, just dumb silly fun and I don't know if I finished it either. I enjoyed the first person melee weapons, they were pretty well done iirc.

Perfect Game Pass game where you can while away some hours on it and then forget about it completely

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I can’t believe people still say Xbox isn’t the BEST because “those games also exist on pc!” like it’s an own in 2023. I remember reading a lot of those posts in 2014 when Titanfall also released on pc, like now it’s not as fun to play. No one cares if the console games can also be played on pc except a small segment of weird nerds that have top end pcs and also new consoles.

I tried to get my brother to play a monster hunter game for the first time instead of cod/fifa/skate & fall guys. He was hesitant because he doesn’t “like Japanese games”

The opening with the two young Asian girl twins sneaking into the tent of the guy in the tight briefs and the open crop top, whilst speaking in baby voices has basically made my job impossible. He made it to the market seller before giving up.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Crafty posted:

The opening with the two young Asian girl twins sneaking into the tent of the guy in the tight briefs and the open crop top, whilst speaking in baby voices has basically made my job impossible. He made it to the market seller before giving up.

They might as well be delivering a pizza that you can't pay for.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Crafty posted:

I can’t believe people still say Xbox isn’t the BEST because “those games also exist on pc!” like it’s an own in 2023. I remember reading a lot of those posts in 2014 when Titanfall also released on pc, like now it’s not as fun to play. No one cares if the console games can also be played on pc except a small segment of weird nerds that have top end pcs and also new consoles.

I tried to get my brother to play a monster hunter game for the first time instead of cod/fifa/skate & fall guys. He was hesitant because he doesn’t “like Japanese games”

Sorry about your brother. What's his somethingawful.com username?

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Only big turn off for me with monster hunter is the teensy damage numbers I’m doing in the beginning. poo poo man, at least give me double digits.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Crafty posted:

lmfao

He’s not wrong tho

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
"No I swear this anime is different than the other ones I showed you, you'll like it I promise"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao that someone saying Xbox having no exclusives turns into a big discussion about Sony’s exclusives because Xbox REALLY has no exclusives

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Xbox has the exclusive game Starfield which I will play for $12aud. Then when I discover it's poo poo I will not be as mad about it as Fallout 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

Lo Wang?? Shadow warrior 3 confirmed?? :haw:

Shadow Warrior 3 was really disappointing. :/ I finished that game, but felt let down by how boring it was.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shadow Warrior 3 is like return of the concept of a Doom Clone. Did you like Doom Eternal? Well enjoy this slightly less good version with a different aesthetic.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Which is still fine because Eternal was loving stellar (also I haven’t played the original SW so the nostalgia ghosts can’t get me), gonna give it a shot when it drops. No date yet huh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Escobarbarian posted:

lmao that someone saying Xbox having no exclusives turns into a big discussion about Sony’s exclusives because Xbox REALLY has no exclusives

that's because Microsoft isnt run by people who are afraid that any competition with their main platform will kill it. which is like 90% of the reason soyny killed the psp/vita. afraid it would lower main console sales

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the vita still competes with the PS5 today, in that both have no games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

that's because Microsoft isnt run by people who are afraid that any competition with their main platform will kill it. which is like 90% of the reason soyny killed the psp/vita. afraid it would lower main console sales

P sure they killed the PSP because they released the Vita and killed the Vita because 15 people bought it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Larry Parrish posted:

Are you doing methamphetamine rn

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The vita was epic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian posted:

You are being toxic OP. Reported

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Goofy expensive nonstandard memory cards in the Vita, all-timer self own.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The vita was epic.

Yup. An OLED screen all the way back in like 2010 and an extremely fun game library. It's an all time great console imo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

and an extremely fun game library.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hmm you didn't like Hot Shot Golf? Spelunky? Don't worry gamer, Master Chief will return soon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i played Symphony of the Night on mine. it looekd so good.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This is by no means an emptyquote

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i played Symphony of the Night on mine. it looekd so good.

works on my machine still

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

works on my machine still

i'm playing it on my Dreck now and it's just not the same. the colours don't pop.
imagine this but its me thinking about my vita

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Console exclusives are for cowards.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that one company recently who keeps buying up big companies to make their games exclusive should really cut it out!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Joe Brandon's FTC is killing console gaming

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I finished Death Stranding. Kojima needs a loving editor, Jesus Christ. He made a game where walking slowly up a mountain trying not to lose your balance is the exciting and bearable part of the game.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You don’t need to finish games you’re not enjoying. That’s like the whole point of Game Pass.