Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
https://twitter.com/ringsideroster/status/1617495006708895755?s=46&t=i-yHi0eg2bhfiZFEteJaRA

War Games could be cool as long as it’s not glitchy. In some of the older games you could do 3v3 elimination tags in the Elimination Chamber and those were kind of fun.

Don’t care for MyRise or Showcase at all and the preorder is lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
New ad just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOjZKMMpTU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

More info

https://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k23/article/wwe-2k23-john-cena-cover-superstar

WarGames: The fan-favorite, chaotic and action-packed WarGames makes its debut in WWE 2K23 and delivers heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 single player or multiplayer mayhem inside two side-by-side rings, surrounded by a double steel cage.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

https://twitter.com/ringsideroster/status/1617495006708895755?s=46&t=i-yHi0eg2bhfiZFEteJaRA

War Games could be cool as long as it’s not glitchy. In some of the older games you could do 3v3 elimination tags in the Elimination Chamber and those were kind of fun.

nL will have somehow found a way to glitch one of the rings to on top of the cage hour one. Glitchy is what these games are.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It sounds like there's a reverse mode for the Showcase that might be like the old 'Beat The Streak' mode some of the older games had, where you were trying to beat Undertaker as a bullshit fighting game boss?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

endorsed

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
According to the FAQ the PC version will be based on the previous-gen version. So, uh, don't expect too many tech miracles.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Wrestling Games Thread: Bad Bunny will be a Pre-Order bonus

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I wonder how far off we are from getting a Fight Forever release date?

Im really itching for a new wrestling game and could not get into 2K22 at all. For some reason I just really struggled with the new controls (particularly reversals) and found it wasn’t even a big upgrade from 2K19 which I actually enjoyed a fair bit so I’m worried it will be more of the same.

I’ve played Fire Pro and Wrestling Empire and they’re fun too but not what I’m looking for right now.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dacap posted:

I wonder how far off we are from getting a Fight Forever release date?

Im really itching for a new wrestling game and could not get into 2K22 at all. For some reason I just really struggled with the new controls (particularly reversals) and found it wasn’t even a big upgrade from 2K19 which I actually enjoyed a fair bit so I’m worried it will be more of the same.

I’ve played Fire Pro and Wrestling Empire and they’re fun too but not what I’m looking for right now.

im in the exact same boat. i tried 2k22 via psplus and found it a chore to play. Universe mode is the same as every year and the gm mode is kinda cool but lacking in so many things.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Well we got an answer on Fight Forever, it’s delayed because they failed to get a T rating in two submissions to the ESRB because of the blood in the game. They’re resubmitting a third time.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I believe the big sticking point might just be how much blood stays on the canvas. The game isn't going to have anyone on the Muta scale but it staining the canvas could be pushing it over the edge.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

rate it M and give me the Nick Gage dlc cowards

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My guess regarding this is it needs to hit a T rating for the Gamepass deal (I know they've denied it, I don't believe them).

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Pylons posted:

My guess regarding this is it needs to hit a T rating for the Gamepass deal (I know they've denied it, I don't believe them).

I think gamepass has M rated games on it already, but it might just be that Bethesda's head game is on point

edit: wait I think Microsoft actually owns Bethesda at this point, the rules are probably different there

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 24, 2023

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

It's probably a problem because they advertised as T, and made presales to people with said assumption

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I think gamepass has M rated games on it already, but it might just be that Bethesda's head game is on point

edit: wait I think Microsoft actually owns Bethesda at this point, the rules are probably different there

There are absolutely MA rated games on Game Pass that MS doesn't own.

If the last delay is a rating issue at least that means it's basically done.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Testekill posted:

I believe the big sticking point might just be how much blood stays on the canvas. The game isn't going to have anyone on the Muta scale but it staining the canvas could be pushing it over the edge.

The rule may have changed since 2006 or whatever, but I remember the guys who made the WWE games saying that they couldn't have blood AND intergender matches and receive a T rating, and they had just made a new blood system, so they took out intergender matches as a result.

The problem is that it's effectively the FIRST THING they advertised for Fight Forever, and is going to have a smaller initial roster, meaning that you'll really feel the lack of intergender matches if they take them out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if it's maybe pearl-clutching over the women bleeding.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
intergender violence probably frowned on as well

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Latest nL stream on it is great - Wrestling Empire truly is the apex of wrestling games

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Teen rating ís allowed to have "minimal blood" and FF offers more than that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

I consider that minimal in relation to the size of the arena

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Game needs to come out already. I almost bought 2k22 during the winter sale for $15 because I was desperate and it has a GM mode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been waiting for the return of gray blood and I can't be more excited it's finally going to happen

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I consider that minimal in relation to the size of the arena

It's absolutely minimal when compared to the amount of blood in a person

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

just tell the esrb its a game about robots and thats a special future type of oil thats red

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Kennel posted:

It's a shame we can't have cool things because of stupid people.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

If blood is whats holding it back, I hope they do what somebody else mentioned earlier and just have it as DLC. I want full Muta scale matches, goddamn it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Exactly. Total War games do it just fine.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Kvlt! posted:

just tell the esrb its a game about robots and thats a special future type of oil thats red

I saw a city bus leaking hydraulic fluid from the ceiling once, and it looked exactly like blood, so you're not far off.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
2k22 couldnt even get the auto rope break menu option to function, and the cpu will never interact in any way with anything outside the hell in a cell. And god help you if you try to add any custom content or change just about anything in universe (which also has broken power ratings that never change)

You really expect me to believe War Games wont be just another broken useless match type where the AI forgets how to get back in the ring?

(Still salty that my favorite mode Universe hasnt improved AT ALL in over 6 drat years)

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 25, 2023

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

X JAKK posted:

2k22 couldnt even get the auto rope break menu option to function, and the cpu will never interact in any way with anything outside the hell in a cell. And god help you if you try to add any custom content or change just about anything in universe (which also has broken power ratings that never change)

You really expect me to believe War Games wont be just another broken useless match type where the AI forgets how to get back in the ring?

(Still salty that my favorite mode Universe hasnt improved AT ALL in over 6 drat years)

The broken creative stuff really killed the game for me. Making CAWs and movesets has always been my favourite part of wresting games so 2K22 was a disappointment.

Im trying not to get my hopes up too high on that portion of Fight Forever knowing it’s a first attempt, but I’m curious how it’ll look.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As long as Fight Forever doesn't have you assigning like 100 moves per wrestler that will already be an improvement.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1618612973769224193?s=46&t=vyEUpIGpIms-NZsGBosK6w

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

As long as Fight Forever doesn't have you assigning like 100 moves per wrestler that will already be an improvement.

They always had way to many situational subcategories and it really drags out the process. At a certain point you don’t care if some kinds of moves are slightly more generic as long as you have the important ones covered. Especially when they are for actions that are rare or difficult to make happen in normal matches.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I appreciate that they let you get granular with move selection, but can't you just copy someone else's moveset and customize as much or as little as you want?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I appreciate that they let you get granular with move selection, but can't you just copy someone else's moveset and customize as much or as little as you want?

That still doesn't solve the problem of practically needing a chart just to remember what moves are assigned where when you have something ridiculous like 24 different front grapples.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah I always just remembered like two of my moves (down circle was a powerbomb or what have you) and then let the chips fall where they may on my running down leg grapple weight detection moves because I'm not clever enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i like how in no mercy almost everyone had a pin move set for their down a front strong grapple