Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sakurazuka posted:

Nothing more anime than talking about your feelings.

Agreed!!! Would you like to read my Tony Soprano / Goku fan fic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

tuyop posted:

Well in Three Houses I find the dialogue super cringey. People always explaining how they feel. incessantly calling the protagonist “teach”. And the dynamic of going on dates with your students is very unpleasant.

Well it was a step up from the sibling dating that came before it at least

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Amy Hennig is one of them, and she's pr cool, but yeah it'll prolly still be cringe. I'm interested to see if the gameplay is cool at least.

She and Gary Whitta (the other name from the credits list people are throwing around) are pretty far removed from the current project, from what they've said it's been literally 3 to 4 years since they were involved. They basically broke the broad story and set up the world and then their part was done, basically slightly more than GRRM did for Elden Ring

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Review scores for Forspoken ranging from 2 out of 5 to 9.5 lol some people got paaaaid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The review I read implied it has some kind of cat chasing minigame so it's installing right now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would hope reviewers got paid for doing their jobs, yes.

Unless you're insinuating something else, something "ethical"

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it doesn't have to be bribery. the person who gave it a 9.5 could also have recently suffered a catastrophic brain injury. they could even be missing a head. please get your facts straight before accusing honest reviewers.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Review scores for Forspoken ranging from 2 out of 5 to 9.5 lol some people got paaaaid

Yes, they got a free copy of a game.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I've watched some gameplay and it looks fine-ish. Not something I would enjoy probably but looks like any number of well-liked games out there. You've probably got garbage basement reviews from the gamergater crowd and the stupid high reviews from people trying to stick it to those kinds of people. That kind of dumb poo poo doesn't cost Square anything.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It got rare 10 of 10 reviews from the only publications I trust (The Thinking Gamer/No Noobs Allowed/God is a Geek) so consider it preordered

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good luck to the video game!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will simply ignore the game and the reviews

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thankfully, gamers can play one of the many other Play Station Five games,

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

It got rare 10 of 10 reviews from the only publications I trust (The Thinking Gamer/No Noobs Allowed/God is a Geek) so consider it preordered

Genuinely can’t tell if this is a joke post or even if those are real publications

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Escobarbarian posted:

Genuinely can’t tell if this is a joke post or even if those are real publications

At least one of those is real, which doesn't mean it's not a joke post

It got a "no recommendation" from Eurogamer so that means at the very least wait for a sale, if not PS+/gamepass

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Truckstop Gaming gave forspoken a 5/5... the PS5 is saved

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forspoken has an average rating of 68 :/ im really disappointed that this game didnt turn out good. Square usually releases a AAA game around this time each year, and its always really bad. Babylons Fall, Baylon Wonderland, that front mission spiritual sequel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

Forspoken has an average rating of 68 :/ im really disappointed that this game didnt turn out good. Square usually releases a AAA game around this time each year, and its always really bad. Babylons Fall, Baylon Wonderland, that front mission spiritual sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOTiTVuizU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

UberGamerX.com gave it a 7/7, and TrueGamer GodMode USA North gave it a kid-with-a-big-smile-on-his-face :eyepop:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont think Balan Wonderland was an AAA game lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's very obviously a AAA game, also an O game and an E game

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
rock cock 64 only gave it a half mast

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Balan Wonderworld was an AAA game because you press A over and over since it's the only button

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Super Mario 64 is only a ½ A game

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

we were chatting about this in the horror thread re: callisto and it was brought up that the industry as a whole has a massive project management problem, and it's hard to disagree

i don't think the people working on forspoken were bumbling incompetents at all, but when you get something as massively complex as a AAA video game with a ton of executive fingers jamming into the pie, then you need a really solid captain who knows how to keep the ship sailing straight and deliver a saleable product on time, and there's an almost total absence of them in the scene. not to do too much hagiography on the guy, but i'm positive the whole reason they put yoshida on FFXVI is because he seems to be the only person at SE who knows how to get a game to gold without a ten car pileup of delays along the way

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don’t think it was but it definitely had the pedigree of a top tier game regardless, at least on a surface level. God, what the gently caress happened to that game? How could literally any game dev ever be so bad at making games with the jank Balan had?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

we were chatting about this in the horror thread re: callisto and it was brought up that the industry as a whole has a massive project management problem, and it's hard to disagree

i don't think the people working on forspoken were bumbling incompetents at all, but when you get something as massively complex as a AAA video game with a ton of executive fingers jamming into the pie, then you need a really solid captain who knows how to keep the ship sailing straight and deliver a saleable product on time, and there's an almost total absence of them in the scene. not to do too much hagiography on the guy, but i'm positive the whole reason they put yoshida on FFXVI is because he seems to be the only person at SE who knows how to get a game to gold without a ten car pileup of delays along the way

I think you're probably right about that. I'm a bit concerned still about FFXVI because he is also tackling FFXIV at the same time. But we still have five months left on that game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

I don’t think it was but it definitely had the pedigree of a top tier game regardless, at least on a surface level. God, what the gently caress happened to that game? How could literally any game dev ever be so bad at making games with the jank Balan had?

It had turned out the game director was more concerned with insider trading and money laundering.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Last Celebration posted:

aside from yuji naka not actually having made a proper video game in years and thus having no clue what current design trends were, he's apparently also a strict, micromanaging rear end in a top hat, so he probably gave the team his bullshit one button design docs and they simply nodded their heads and collected their paychecks

games are collaborative processes and having multiple voices who can countermand bad ideas and add good ideas of their own is critical, so if your boss is a "my way or the highway" guy then the end result more often than not is gonna be garbage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vermain posted:

SE released like 12 games last year

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rise of the AA game

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Gripweed posted:

Even if all the dialogue was recorded and the cutscenes finished, they could still have easily edited them down.

https://twitter.com/NataliesNotInIt/status/1617233165126455300?s=20&t=ApKNZaFNHeMRafJ_Vav55w

Pro loving click, I'm baffled as to why they felt the splatter against the back window was fine but everything after wasn't

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vermain posted:

aside from yuji naka not actually having made a proper video game in years and thus having no clue what current design trends were, he's apparently also a strict, micromanaging rear end in a top hat, so he probably gave the team his bullshit one button design docs and they simply nodded their heads and collected their paychecks

It's even worse than that, he basically got booted from the project, presumably due to being an rear end in a top hat, which was the start of him having twitter tantrums and erasing the coworkers he apparently blames from photos

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

SE released like 12 games last year

the majority of which were remasters or smaller games like harvestella, and i think only divine force really skewed especially positive as far as big releases went

Vermain fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 23, 2023

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I can't believe that Square released all-timers FFVI and FFVII in a less than 3 year span

I choose to believe that they are still coasting on the goodwill earned

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Pro loving click, I'm baffled as to why they felt the splatter against the back window was fine but everything after wasn't

It's still America, so gun violence is boring and normal but racism is the worst thing that has ever happened

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/nakayuji/status/1544386654151909376?t=2aLNIlhA_nEXR6SNo_hypg&s=19

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Easy Allies gave Forspoken an 8/10, one of the higher review scores among all of the credible and well established reviewers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumNZ1LPaKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ahhhh who caressss about this dumb gameeee