Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Not maybe, definitely. Burrow is really, really good

People said that about Allen a year ago at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

People said that about Allen a year ago at this time.
You don't think Allen is really good anymore?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

You don't think Allen is really good anymore?

Oh of course I do (and I still think he's better than Burrow), I'm just saying that neither he nor Burrow should be in the same tier as Mahomes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I mean Mahomes is just plain better then everyone else right now. Nothing you can really do about that.

Well unless you're a Jags pass rusher.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Oh of course I do (and I still think he's better than Burrow), I'm just saying that neither he nor Burrow should be in the same tier as Mahomes.

I mean I think Burrow is in better shape than Mahomes right now healthwise. If Burrow wins the SB how do you not say he's as good? He will have beaten Mahomes 4 times in a row and made the SB back to back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

I think i'd rather have Burrow than Allen, he isn't nearly as physically talented but he just plays the position much better.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Burrow is the best QB within structure and defenses are starting to figure out how to shut down QBs that create outside of structure. He's got the brightest and probably longest future of all the elite QBs right now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

I mean I think Burrow is in better shape than Mahomes right now healthwise. If Burrow wins the SB how do you not say he's as good? He will have beaten Mahomes 4 times in a row and made the SB back to back.

Burrow had a much better supporting cast and his passing stats were maybe a tick better than Allen's; Allen's rushing equity puts him ahead.

I'd put the two QBs on the same tier, I just think Allen's better. (I am also a Bills fan.)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Allen still does stupid poo poo that Burrow doesn't.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think peak Allen is going to be higher than Burrow but Burrow's playstyle is far more sustainable. Given the choice right now I'd take Burrow for the longevity, but I think they're both on the same tier. Burrow also has a much better offensive cast around him.

Mahomes is easily better than both.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Would this be a discussion if Gabe Davis was replaced with a Corey Davis tier wr?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah Allen does dumb poo poo occasionally.

He also throws the ball 65 yards across the field

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

Would this be a discussion if Gabe Davis was replaced with a Corey Davis tier wr?

Metapod i really hope the titans reunite you with your best boy Corey.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Allen still does stupid poo poo that Burrow doesn't.

Allen had 14 INTs to Burrow's 12.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Allen had 14 INTs to Burrow's 12.

Do turnover worthy plays

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Do turnover worthy plays
According to PFF...

Turnover Worthy Plays
Allen - 33 (lead the league)
Burrow - 16

Turnover Worthy Play %
Allen - 4.2%
Burrow - 2.0%

-----------------
Big Time Throws
Allen - 52 (lead the league)
Burrow - 34

Big Time Throw %
Allen - 7.6% (lead the league)
Burrow - 4.7%

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1617558568080707584

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I want answers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

UP AND ADAM posted:

I want answers

There was a Fire Fight!

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1617561270533636097

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think peak Allen is going to be higher than Burrow but Burrow's playstyle is far more sustainable. Given the choice right now I'd take Burrow for the longevity, but I think they're both on the same tier. Burrow also has a much better offensive cast around him.

Mahomes is easily better than both.

Yea this, Burrow/Allen are 1b to Mahomes 1a. Mahomes also has more years in the league and Andy Reid. You’d expect him to be a tier above, he’s literally in his prime right now.

And Burrow vs Allen is just a matter of which playstyle you want, big shots and some riskier plays, or traditional QB in structure destruction.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was coming around to paying Edmunds after seeing how the defense played without him but jesus christ

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Everything was too easy for the Bengals and a slog for the Bills. It felt like the Bengals wrs were wide open all game and then they could run for tons of yards whenever they needed to.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
A lot of the regular season felt like that too. Crazy that they couldn't see this coming. I can accept that the Bengals were better, coached better, prepared better, but the bills seemed absolutely terrible. They couldn't even attempt to muddle through like they've been doing. Please fix the offense.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/BillsChatPod/status/1617524996116729857?s=20&t=HKxYKn1U5z4m14wdzJTSVg

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When even oops all curls will get you the first

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Josh is better. but Joe? he's the grandmaster of my order. he lives quietly as a monk at weynon priory. near the city of chorrol.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Here’s how, Stefon:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Cavauro posted:

Josh is better. but Joe? he's the grandmaster of my order. he lives quietly as a monk at weynon priory. near the city of chorrol.

Take the draft pick. Give it to Joe. Only he knows where to find the Unicorn QB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Josh Allen is extremely vulnerable to getting beaten down via attrition like Cam was.

Cam was never the level of pocket passer that Josh is and then refused to have necessary surgery on his shoulder so he could throw. Refs also let him get obliterated in the pocket which is where he accumulated a lot his wear.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If I was a Bills fan, I would've wanted the Defensive staff fired after the 13 second debacle/hilarity.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

If I was a Bills fan, I would've wanted the Defensive staff fired after the 13 second debacle/hilarity.

What good is that going to do, it's basically shuffling deck chairs on the titanic. It's McDermotts defense, Frazier is just there to do what he says

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Adam Caplan says the Jets OC is between Hackett and 2 other (unnamed) guys.
https://twitter.com/MarinoMLB/status/1617577462283784192

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol imagine getting turned down by Hackett lol lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can’t wait until next season is over to see which QB is now as good or better than Patrick Mahomes,

Early money on Jalen Hurts, I guess.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Well, I guess we don't have to worry about the Jets next year. We'll get to our regularly-scheduled humiliating playoff loss just fine...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

lol imagine getting turned down by Hackett lol lmao
The guys still in the playoffs are almost certainly Brian Johnson and Kevin Patullo.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

The guys still in the playoffs are almost certainly Brian Johnson and Kevin Patullo.

It's two other guys PLUS some coaches (plural) who are in the playoffs. So the list is at a minimum 5 guys -- doesn't really narrow it down all that much lol

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I really don't want Hackett.

That being said I would die laughing if the Jets get him as OC just to get Rodgers and it fails for a second straight season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

I really don't want Hackett.

That being said I would die laughing if the Jets get him as OC just to get Rodgers and it fails for a second straight season.
That would be peak Jets. Are we more ok with him as OC if they actually do trade for Rodgers? Obviously imo.

https://twitter.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1617580978209447936?s=46&t=Y7fTVU9Ft3Nu29kzcq6rWQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And Pat McAfee show is basically Rodger's mouthpiece so... yeah... he wants to be traded