Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
horizon: forbidden post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Dota discussion was banned for many years because the posters were all the dumbest people on earth and it was funny.

Interesting use of 'were'.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont think anyone's actually attempted to make a thread about the Made in Abyss game

Yeah we do. It is the switch thread

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Why would it be?

the terf gets royalties? i dunno

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

worms butthole guy posted:

i'm not a harry potter fan but I think it looks alright :shrug:

Ignoring the author of the books for a moment, and focusing on just the game; it does look like it will be okay. From the marketing, it seems like it's going to not live up the promises, or expectations that people have for it. It'll be a shallow open world RPG that doesn't really do much with the I.P. and misses the mark on a lot of what fans are hoping for from an ambitious open world game based on Harry Potter. I'm expecting average review scores from it to be honest, and one of its big issues will likely be that it's a very buggy game with a lot of technical issues. I wouldn't be surprised if its this years Cyberpunk.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah we do. It is the switch thread

Whack post OP

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

discussion about all video games should be banned on the internet

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It being discussed here won’t generate royalties, I don’t think anyone here is on the fence about harry potter

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

Interesting use of 'were'.

I'm not about to go find out.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
ya I dunno I just saw it was totally banned on Resetera and thought it was dumb to take it out on the devs for what the terf does imho

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Unfortunately Jeffery signed a contract stating that JK Rowling gets a penny for every post about the Harry Potter game. Not sure why but once again the mods have shown their asses big time

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

It being discussed here won’t generate royalties, I don’t think anyone here is on the fence about harry potter

yeah, what people want to buy and play is their own business, and discussing it on a boomer gaming forum ain't gonna raise its profile appreciably

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Vermain posted:

we were chatting about this in the horror thread re: callisto and it was brought up that the industry as a whole has a massive project management problem, and it's hard to disagree

i don't think the people working on forspoken were bumbling incompetents at all, but when you get something as massively complex as a AAA video game with a ton of executive fingers jamming into the pie, then you need a really solid captain who knows how to keep the ship sailing straight and deliver a saleable product on time, and there's an almost total absence of them in the scene. not to do too much hagiography on the guy, but i'm positive the whole reason they put yoshida on FFXVI is because he seems to be the only person at SE who knows how to get a game to gold without a ten car pileup of delays along the way

it also probably really helps that yoshi-p is on the board of directors for square enix - i kind of doubt there's a lot of people who can tell him what to do within the company

Mad Wack fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 23, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Bowser is funded by the profits from jeffreys black ops posting holes. Sickening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sucks that JK Rowling is such a garbage human being. That literal garbage can could have just kept her mouth shut forever and be happy with the massive royalty checks. She is a billionaire that lives in a literal castle in the U.K. why waste your time on anything internet related when your life style lets you pretend to be a lord?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

It sucks that JK Rowling is such a garbage human being. That literal garbage can could have just kept her mouth shut forever and be happy with the massive royalty checks. She is a billionaire that lives in a literal castle in the U.K. why waste your time on anything internet related when your life style lets you pretend to be a lord?

doesn't seem to effect her much to be honest, which is really sad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Normal people are unaware of the social media shadow wars

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Rowling makes like 90% of her profits from the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando anyway so whether you ever buy a single other piece of HP-related media is literally immaterial to her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Harry Potter and the Scores Are So Low

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Buy it or not I don't care but the real fail are the people trying to loophole a reason to justify it lol.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard she makes all her sales from video game forums populated largely by ~40 year old men.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

worms butthole guy posted:

ya I dunno I just saw it was totally banned on Resetera and thought it was dumb to take it out on the devs for what the terf does imho

Isn't the plot based on the blood libel?

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 23, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Prisoner of Asscapan

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

pure psychos
aka ps5 owners

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I am not buying Hogwarts Legacy because I have no interest in Harry Potter, but also imagine it's because I'm a really altruistic and virtuous person.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The half blood prince.

wait

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I will not be buying the transphobe's mid as gently caress rpg about suppressing the jews greedy little goblins with sick slow motion abra kedabra glory kills. don't all stand up and clap at once

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dabir posted:

I will not be buying the transphobe's mid as gently caress rpg about suppressing the jews greedy little goblins with sick slow motion abra kedabra glory kills. don't all stand up and clap at once

But you get to have a slave!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
finally got to the end/post-game of xenoblade chronicles 3. this is always my favourite part of jrpgs, breaking the game over your knee and becoming super powered gods. does not disappoint in that regard

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Arch Terf literally bragged that people buying her poo poo is an endorsement of her views so that's enough reason not to buy it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

There's a side mission where you have to interrupt a family of goblins while they're eating Chinese food during Wizard Christmas.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
…and this is why it’s getting banned/contained, the conversation always turns to JKR herself and goes downhill from there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ban hogwart's legacy chat, but also ban call of duty chat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wizard Christmas is just normal Christmas

Wizards are Christian

Don't think about it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

External Organs posted:

There's a side mission where you have to interrupt a family of goblins while they're eating Chinese food during Wizard Christmas.

Wizard Christmas is just Christmas (all wizards are Christian)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't think about it

:patriot:

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
looks to me like it turns into unfunny bad posts instead of mostly about JKR imho

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: ^^^ Mods, can we delete this post please or move it so it doesn't come right before mine?

If the Harry Potter game is good I'll buy it at some point because I am a devious goblin who eats garbage and does drugs and owns a Pomeranian.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would definitely be buying Hogwarts Legacy (if it had good reviews) if not for Rowling’s shittiness. Truly can’t bring myself to give any money to her no matter who else is involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is so stupid