Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Absolutely shocked that Frank Lampard's football brand of 'have no plan for 80 minutes, then panic and just play route 1 for the rest of the game' turned out to not be sustainable in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I know the allure of the former England star is irresistible but surely that's the end of Lampard's managerial career

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/NicholasGuyatt/status/1617520376761954304?cxt=HHwWgMDRnc6Ny_IsAAAA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

I know the allure of the former England star is irresistible but surely that's the end of Lampard's managerial career

lol

lol

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Would you rather he was a pundit?!?!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Frankie vs The Unhappy Chairman

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BBC says he's gone

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Neil Warnock, step on up

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
shampard

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
The return of Roberto Di Matteo, Champions League winning manager

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Lol apparently Moshiri has been talking to Bielsa

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
still lolling that supah fwank made it through september

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
At least his friends in the media haven't deserted him

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1617592667604680704

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mickolution posted:

ah yes, the inevitable "this manager who fails at every club just keeps coincidentally picking the worst clubs to manage" gambit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Multiple jobs for manager who proves you don't need to win football matches to be a winner but he is a winner

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

vyelkin posted:

ah yes, the inevitable "this manager who fails at every club just keeps coincidentally picking the worst clubs to manage" gambit

It's the one case where it is sort of true, but it doesn't change the fact that Lampard has zero examples of being a good manager.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Mickolution posted:

Look, what's the man supposed to do - he got the only thing he had the power to change wrong and he gets fired for it? How is he supposed to motivate the players and do good tactics?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It will be interesting to see if another manager could string together wins with Everton's squad. There are talented players at the club, but they're also a bunch of misfits who flopped at bigger clubs or were big fish in small ponds. I don't think Bielsa does anything with that squad other than drive out players who have already been through a lovely situation, but from an Everton supporter's perspective that might be welcome.

Looking at their squad reminded me that they had to loan out both Dele Alli (playing in Turkey) and Moise Kean (back at Juventus) lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Said it in the prem thread but don't think bielsa is the guy to keep them up. He's God, and he was responsible for the best football I've seen at elland road since the champions league days, but it only worked at Leeds because he was given a blank slate to do whatever the gently caress he wanted in terms of coaching staff, training setups, players, the lot. He got a full preseason to get the players fit enough to do the bielsa thing and I don't think Everton the way they are now are in any shape to just go from day one. Unless they've thrown in the towel and written off this season planning to let bielsa clear out the shite and smash the championship but that feels unlikely.

Dyche would be the best option imo if you just need someone to grind out the rest of the season, Rooney would probably keep them up if they had players who cared as much about everton as he did but don't think any of these guys are arsed what happens

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I read Bielsa already rejected them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Smart man

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008
Lampard seemed to have a good attitude and an honesty but really he just wasnt anywhere near good enough as a manager. I think he really needs to do what Arteta has done and spend some time working under a better manager before he tries again. Feels like hes struggled to separate himself from being 'one of the players' to being 'the guy in charge'. As for who takes over us now, I wouldve loved Bielsa before, but its probably the completely wrong time for him. He wouldn't work well with our daft club structure or our dogshit players. He's the sort of guy I think you need to give full control over the transfers and a good pre-season to bed the players in. He also doesnt seem the type to put up with any bullshit, and thats all we are capable of serving up at the minute.

Rooney can gently caress right off, no thank you. Ferguson or Baines have both been talked about but I dont think either have the experience needed, also dont want the ship going down with them at the helm... neither deserve to go through that. Dyche I guess as we need someone to grind out results somehow. Its either him or the return of the bovril goblin. :sigh:

But I wonder who would even come at this point.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If Moshiri was a smart owner they would have had a shortlist of people they wanted to bring in if Lampard continued to lose, probably before or during the World Cup with feelers sent out, but something tells me that Moshiri isn't a very smart owner

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Look, what's the man supposed to do - he got the only thing he had the power to change wrong and he gets fired for it? How is he supposed to motivate the players and do good tactics?

who could have predicted a striker who played in the league over 100 times for brighton scoring 1/4 of the time wasn't the best use of money

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Presumably Pickford is going to have to transfer out if he wants to be the England first-choice keeper

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Pope should have started at the World Cup anyway

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Gene Ricman posted:

..or the return of the bovril goblin. :sigh:

Didn’t know you’d managed Everton before.

*lampard voice* No but seriously I’m sad for you

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Said it in the prem thread but don't think bielsa is the guy to keep them up. He's God, and he was responsible for the best football I've seen at elland road since the champions league days, but it only worked at Leeds because he was given a blank slate to do whatever the gently caress he wanted in terms of coaching staff, training setups, players, the lot. He got a full preseason to get the players fit enough to do the bielsa thing and I don't think Everton the way they are now are in any shape to just go from day one. Unless they've thrown in the towel and written off this season planning to let bielsa clear out the shite and smash the championship but that feels unlikely.

It would probably end a bit like Solskjær's interim period at Man Utd did. He took over a Mourinho team that had been very poor on fitness training and asked them to play with a much higher intensity. It worked extremely well for a few months and then the players started disintegrating and it all collapsed. The counter argument to that is that "working very well for a couple of months" might be enough to save you from relegation, though.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get the worms ready for the welcoming party

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1618900694081347587

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"Sean Dyche set to land Everton job after Bielsa proposed working with U21s until summer"

lmao, Bielsa owns.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I assume he meant he just wanted to play the U21 team in Premier League matches

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

I assume he meant he just wanted to play the U21 team in Premier League matches

No, apparently he wanted to run the u21s until the summer while his staff took care of the senior team. I assume this is because he thinks relegation is unavoidable and he wants to chuck everyone out and mould some kids.

https://theathletic.com/4130935/2023/01/27/marcelo-bielsa-everton/

quote:

Marcelo Bielsa wanted to take charge of Everton’s Under-21s until the summer — with his staff taking charge of the first team.

Bielsa flew into London on Thursday to hold talks with the Goodison Park club. Everton have decided against the former Leeds United head coach’s proposition and it is expected that they will appoint Sean Dyche.

The 67-year-old wanted time to prepare before next season. He would have worked with the Under-21s and the academy until the end of the 2022-23 campaign, before stepping up to the first team.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Bielsa is too pure for this world

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Hell, why not just hire Dyche to do his Dyche thing with the senior team then pay him handsomely to take 9 months off until the next relegation battler calls, while Bielsa does his Bielsa thing with the U21s till summer

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

TheRat posted:

No, apparently he wanted to run the u21s until the summer while his staff took care of the senior team. I assume this is because he thinks relegation is unavoidable and he wants to chuck everyone out and mould some kids.

https://theathletic.com/4130935/2023/01/27/marcelo-bielsa-everton/

If everton were serious about long term recovery they would have absolutely taken him up on that offer. Maybe dyche will get them back in contention for the everton cup, at most, but Bielsa would have transformed them, had them destroying the championship and from there who knows.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
It's motherfucking Dyche time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtD0z-MSmGg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Dyche worked miracles at Burnley but he needed 3 years and a relegation to really get them to be such a loving nightmare to play against - there's no way he gets that at Everton, lol. I predicted that Dyche would take over for Lampard at some point before this season kicked off and guide them comfortably to 10th, but I expected him to take over before the World Cup so he could get some proper training/coaching in place. Obviously Moshiri/Kenwright are loving stupid and made the switch 2-3 months too late (and 4 days before the window closes lmao), so they'll probably go down now. Rip.