Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

quote:

“This was not just a random act of someone showing up and randomly shooting citizens of Baton Rouge,” said Lt. Bryan Ballard, commander of BRPD’s Homicide Division, during a press conference Sunday.

I think this is just a really dumb way of saying it's not a mass shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

RandomBlue posted:

it’s a really dog whistle way of saying “don’t worry, Whites”

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

quote:

Witnesses at Dior Bar & Lounge said a fight broke out between two groups of customers, and multiple people pulled out guns and started shooting.

An Eventbrite listing online indicates the club was hosting a “back to school party” for Southern University and A&M College and Louisiana State University students at the time of the shooting.

just boys being boys

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"targeted attack" means its nbd the cops havent caught the shooter stop asking when he'll be caught

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

fosborb posted:

just boys being boys
as always, having lots of people with guns in public places is a the only leftist way to reduce gun violence!

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I'm more into the lunch pail, hard working mass shooters myself. Enough of these flashy, naturally gifted mass shooters.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

COPE 27 posted:

I'm more into the lunch pail, hard working mass shooters myself. Enough of these flashy, naturally gifted mass shooters.
now Charles Whitman? that was a real 9-to-5 grinder in the days before extended magazines and red dot optics! he would put up 50 per game against the pansies in the league today!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

RandomBlue posted:

Maybe they’re saying it’s not a mass shooting because multiple people pulled out their guns so no one shot more than 2 people

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1617351392053846016

72!! what the gently caress!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

goochtit posted:

72!! what the gently caress!!

he was just confused, like hitting the accelerator when you mean to brake. look, it happens to everyone when they get old. please dont be ableist

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

He tried a second shooting at another dance studio but was disarmed and ran away,

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

To die Huang Song could really bring you down

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
so... still a hate crime or what?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:( https://twitter.com/johnwoodrowcox/status/1617177683959349250
h/t @jrpsaki

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
stephen paddock died at 64. boomer vengeance strikes again.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

so... still a hate crime or what?
a 72-year-old asian man hating another variety of asian person? couldn't be.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
an 89 year old raising an AR-15 to mass shoot a burger king for raising the price of coffee and having his shoulder disintegrate from the kickback

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

an 89 year old raising an AR-15 to mass shoot a burger king for raising the price of coffee and having his shoulder disintegrate from the kickback
the AR-15 is so light recoiling and easy to keep on target that great-grandpop would easily get off the entire mag until arthritis caused him to fumble the reload. Have It Your Way!

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1615505155889274881

lol no way Utah cops are going to disown a man just because he beats his kids and threatens to kill them

remember that weird kidnapping that happened there and it ended up looking like some polygamy/child bride thing? lmao, utah owns

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Filthy Hans posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1615505155889274881

lol no way Utah cops are going to disown a man just because he beats his kids and threatens to kill them

The different sized coffins... :smith:

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I just got a CNN alert about a shooting in Des Moine Iowa with "multiple people injured" but it just happened so thats about the extent of what is known so far.

Lol this loving country.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Welp, another day another shooting, this time at a school. Never a dull moment in this thread.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh hey I used to work next door to where that school is now.

I'm one away from a tenuous connection to mass shooting hat trick.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
After a bunch of arguments with pro gun people.

"It a health issues."
- Turmp and republicans had the house, senate, and executive office in 2016-2017 and did nothing. It's not a health issue any more.

"The world is a dangerous place"
- No gun owner walks around wearing body armor 24/7, they just have a gun. If the world was as shooting crazy as they say they would be wearing body armor like how kids had bullet proof backpacks.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Nobody in power on either side actually wants to curb gun violence. It's too beneficial.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

health https://twitter.com/asprgov/status/1617615196369059843

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Elendil004 posted:

Nobody in power on either side actually wants to curb gun violence. It's too beneficial.

If they were the targets of said gun violence I imagine their attitude would change very quickly.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

skooma512 posted:

If they were the targets of said gun violence I imagine their attitude would change very quickly.

Somebody shot Gabby Giffords but her party still doesn't actually give a poo poo.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

Somebody shot Gabby Giffords but her party still doesn't actually give a poo poo.

Steve Scalise got his balls shot off at a softball game and this had zero effect on anything.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Griz posted:

Steve Scalise got his balls shot off at a softball game and this had zero effect on anything.

It had some effect on his balls.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

RandomBlue posted:

It had some effect on his balls.

This kills the balls.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We had a local mass shooting today , fuking badass home invasion w DEADLY results :whitewater:

https://twitter.com/TylerLaRiviere/status/1617664057871577088

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Trixie Hardcore posted:

He tried a second shooting at another dance studio but was disarmed and ran away,

Huh. Houston recently had a guy in a Punisher shirt with a AR-15 march up to a mall's dance competition and get tackled by a security guard before he could start shooting. He was charged with a misdemeanor since he didn't actually shoot anyone. Wonder if he will make a second attempt soon.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Are these guys Puritans or from that town in Footloose or what??

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

We know one party (the Republicans) doesn't want to do anything about mass shootings. They are very open about it. Well unless you count how they want more god and churches and poo poo.

Democrats openly want to introduce more gun controls. The president has said on numerous occasions that no one needs an AR-15.

So at least public statement wise, there is in fact one party that wants to do something. Of course words are cheap, but without a full majority in Congress what can they even do? They will never get republicans to come around on the issue. And how do Democrats benefit from gun violence? It's not like the NRA and the gun companies are funneling them money.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Charliegrs posted:

We know one party (the Republicans) doesn't want to do anything about mass shootings. They are very open about it. Well unless you count how they want more god and churches and poo poo.

Democrats openly want to introduce more gun controls. The president has said on numerous occasions that no one needs an AR-15.

So at least public statement wise, there is in fact one party that wants to do something. Of course words are cheap, but without a full majority in Congress what can they even do? They will never get republicans to come around on the issue. And how do Democrats benefit from gun violence? It's not like the NRA and the gun companies are funneling them money.

Democrats pretend to want gun control so they can later Compromise by offering more money to the police, the domestic paramilitary wing of capital that defends the status quo, from which Democrat leaders profit. Hope this helps OP.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Griz posted:

Dick, balls, and rear end in a top hat.

Elendil004 posted:

No one wants to go up against the frothing mad right-wing gun nuts because they're incredibly energized and engaged on the topic.

I'm broadly against gun control too because I know god drat well that the cops will use it as an excuse to brutalize black and latino communities and that the county sheriffs out in Chudlandia won't do poo poo.

Also, "Under no pretext..."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
drat guess we can’t stop all these mass shootings, another of which happened today in addition to the one yesterday

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Charliegrs posted:

lol

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

gun control's gonna hafta start with the cops imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
For the second time today I got a CNN alert about a shooting with multiple victims. This time in Half Moon Bay CA.
Authorities responding to a shooting incident with multiple victims in Half Moon Bay, California

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/23/us/half-moon-bay-california-shooting-incident/index.html

I'm not familiar with Half Moon Bay. Are Lunar New Year celebrations still going on?