Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Tree Bucket posted:

Umm, gimme a sec

e: you can't just say that sort of thing to drawing nerds, it gets us all worked up

Yessss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Previously on Opplopolis: glad I'm not the only person who thinks the Baron is just their old boss

you can't solve all your problems with birthday clowns, lady

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
To hell you can't!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 20

Chapter 21

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.
TW for even more blood and guts and such

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

YUCKIE

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Crange lives in a wacky, wacky world

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Hempuli posted:

Crange lives in a wacky, wacky world

Tomorrow's storyline gets even wackier. It's a wacky comic!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Curiosity kills a priest! Wang Chen opens the casket and brings out God's severed head!

Read right to left:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

ahaha dio's lines are loving poetry

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Youremother posted:

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

It makes so much more sense on a second reading what's happening here.

KC was pretty skilled in higb at making events happen that make sense that are easy to attribute to everything being straight nonsense

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Penultimate Quest

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy asks the important questions

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Demon
Chapter 8.01

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Tree Bucket posted:

Umm, gimme a sec

e: you can't just say that sort of thing to drawing nerds, it gets us all worked up

I'm sorry Tree Bucket but I have realized that it also requires nipples in order to be perfect.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Chako: mad, bad and dangerous to know.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Chako is great, is there a site with an archive of it? I tried searching but just got results for a similarly named comic instead. I've got a friend who's not on SA I'd like to share it with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I always enjoy when you see the punchline coming the whole time, and it still makes you laugh when you get there

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Grundma posted:

Chako is great, is there a site with an archive of it? I tried searching but just got results for a similarly named comic instead. I've got a friend who's not on SA I'd like to share it with.

The person posting it is making the only translation on the Internet.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

And that person uploads it to mangadex :v
https://mangadex.org/title/47e32c53-dd4d-47cc-b5f6-b5dea97b012b/chako

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

poo poo man, you've been rumbled! Also maybe don't ever try to play high stakes poker.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Correct! OP, you might have found ChaCha, Chako, which is the sequel to / continuation of Chako - I put them up as separate entries on MangaDex because the books are titled that way (Chako I, Chako II, ChaCha Chako I, ChaCha Chako II), but they're linked together in the "related" section.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fagtastic posted:

I'm sorry Tree Bucket but I have realized that it also requires nipples in order to be perfect.

Sorry, friend, that's a no. Look, it starts with cat nipples on your Acheseuss/Dr. Wood art. Before you know it, you're recieving commissions from wealthy pervs to draw Danger Mouse in compromising situations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Sorry, friend, that's a no. Look, it starts with cat nipples on your Acheseuss/Dr. Wood art. Before you know it, you're recieving commissions from wealthy pervs to draw Danger Mouse in compromising situations.

I told you that was a private request! :mad:

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Tree Bucket posted:

I like your tree.

Thanks!

Timelets

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Uramachi Sakaba

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

And now for the comic that inspired me to start posting Hark! A Vagrant. But first, some context:

https://youtu.be/ujnq2v6R02U

These comics have gotten uncontrollably tall, and my iPad has a lot of trouble cropping them, but I’m too lazy to sit at my computer and do it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Blind Alley

You're weird, kid.

readingatwork has a new favorite as of 05:02 on Jan 24, 2023

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Marie is a red Elf with Red Hair
Jaina is a Green Felin
Tony is a blue Mariner
Sabrina is a Tuxedo Pixie Cat
Hot Wheels is a Skeleton

The chemical sign is for Amphetamines, the Equation is for Photosynthesis, and Marie minus the Rod of Asclepius is the Rod of Hermes!

We are also looking for new Beta Readers, if you're interested, hit up our Discord which is very tiny rn.

https://discord.gg/8x7EArvXU2

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Jun 28, 2023

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Thanks for the link and thank you to the nice person translating it

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

drop out

drop out

CW: Suicidal thoughts / ideation

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

Wait, did I get your MO wrong or why isn't there an explanation attached?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ANSU

Fingerpori

(The Finnish phrasing was "things have really gone sick" that has a distinct vibe of moral panic; you know, "they allow anything these days". I just couldn't think of a good English phrase that'd match the vibe.)

E:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait, did I get your MO wrong or why isn't there an explanation attached?
I assumed that the joke was just "a person can be referred to as a stoneface" until the reference was pointed out to me in the Comic Strip megathread:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's worth noting that "Kivikasvot" (literally Stone Faces) was a singer group who also got a really awful variety show back in the 60s or 70s or something, and that poo poo was broadcast and rerun every week for a couple of decades. They're still probably airing reruns on one of our awful cable channels.

e:
people are posting sketches from it on YouTube, if anyone wants to see the height of Finnish TV comedy for decades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dLtY84LRec
When the new generation finally got a chance in the mid to late 90s it was a god drat revelation. This sketch from one of the most beloved shows of my youth, ("Studio Julmahuvi", Studio Cruel Fun) parodies pretty much 80% of Finnish movies from the 70s and 80s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUyFg9xoPKk

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Previously on Opplopolis: I don't think there are any more birthday clowns after that, but I could easily be wrong.

also chapter 19 of 20 of Opplopolis will be ending this Friday so I really hope he sticks the landing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

DACK FAYDEN posted:

also chapter 19 of 20 of Opplopolis will be ending this Friday so I really hope he sticks the landing

What? Nooo, I need it to keep going!