Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

drat guess we can’t stop all these mass shootings, another of which happened today in addition to the one yesterday

I have an AR-15 and there's no way in hell I'm disarming before the cops do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol is this going to be the year we average 2 a day

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

I'm not familiar with Half Moon Bay. Are Lunar New Year celebrations still going on?

Lunar New year celebrations are for 2 weeks.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Christmas : Hanukkah :: New Years : Lunar New Years

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A full 12 Days of Christmas followed closely by Lunar New Years would really take the sting out of winter.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm strapped like Neo in the lobby scene and same

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Charliegrs posted:

I'm not familiar with Half Moon Bay. Are Lunar New Year celebrations still going on?

Half Moon Bay is a similar place to Monterey, but it's north of Monterey up the coast and sits maybe 20-30 minutes south of San Fran.

I visited there once on vacation and it's absolutely beautiful, just like everything is on the coast.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

nomad2020 posted:

Lunar New year celebrations are for 2 weeks.

The city limits of Half Moon Bay on 92 are more likely to be road rage, though. It’s a nasty bottleneck whenever there’s a festival. Unless they shot up the pony ride place that hosts children’s’ parties. (Hopefully not)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Stereotype posted:

drat guess we can’t stop all these mass shootings, another of which happened today in addition to the one yesterday

gbs got mad at me for implying that massive inequality is the cause. I'm all out of rational ideas, but if we all make really bad ambient electronic music maybe we can bore away the evil spirits causing the bad america thing

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

gbs got mad at me for implying that massive inequality is the cause. I'm all out of rational ideas, but if we all make really bad ambient electronic music maybe we can bore away the evil spirits causing the bad america thing

Crazy people: He's asian. Not white! We win!
Normal people: You gonna ban guns now?
Crazy people: No why wou..(gets shot)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

We had a local mass shooting today , fuking badass home invasion w DEADLY results :whitewater:

https://twitter.com/TylerLaRiviere/status/1617664057871577088

Love how they keep referring to mass shootings as random attacks. We just don't know why they keep doing it *hides the right wing manifesto behind their back*.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The foundation of these shootings is the fact that the US is a black hole of despair and violence so Good Luck

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Charliegrs posted:

For the second time today I got a CNN alert about a shooting with multiple victims. This time in Half Moon Bay CA.
Authorities responding to a shooting incident with multiple victims in Half Moon Bay, California

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/23/us/half-moon-bay-california-shooting-incident/index.html

https://twitter.com/SMCSheriff/status/1617686634245533697
4 dead 3 wounded

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Zeroisanumber posted:

i bet every mass shooter has said this at one point

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

like all problems the cause is capitalism.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABCLiz/status/1617693131264389120?s=20

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
There's one more kid
Who will never go to school
Never get to fall in love
Never get to be cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvxxdZpMFHg

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/CandiceNguyenTV/status/1617702597925957632

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

going to start crossing the street to avoid old men and first graders

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HARDCORE!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

White supremacy no matter how small should always get blame for anybody in the usa.
They made the box that breaks minorities brains, and then keeps the guns fresh and in stock.

goochtit posted:

And They're old, they're just going to go for broke; grandma is gonna gun me down in the grocery aisle because I took the last eggs.
"Oh poo poo old lady, don't shoot me." [Points at a guy with a bit coin hat.]
That guy is a libertarian, he's gonna take your SS. Shoot him.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Wow, the mass shootings thread got dark!

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
The reality is this will never get solved. Because the only solution really is just taking away people's boom sticks.

And it will never happen and thus mass shootings will be a daily thing until this country is a smoldering ruin governed by warlords.

I kind of love how utterly lovely and failed this cowpie of a country is. Never gonna solve a single problem ever again. It gave up and is sort of proud of the fact.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

it could also be the covid vaccines. we can't rule it out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they shot up the dang mushroom farm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a 67 year old chinese guy shot up the dang chinese mushroom farm

the elderly are sick of it this week.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Start your stupid revolution or ban guns

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Love Stole the Day posted:

There's one more kid
Who will never go to school
Never get to fall in love
Never get to be cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvxxdZpMFHg

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Inspector Hound posted:

can't. the libs'll betray us

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I will trade my scary black guns for nothing less than a constitutional amendment directly reversing this decision

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

until then get absolutely hosed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

RandomBlue posted:

Love how they keep referring to mass shootings as random attacks. We just don't know why they keep doing it *hides the right wing manifesto behind their back*.

Random attacks are bad mass shootings that are scary to the public because it’s a stranger killing a random group of people, if it’s because of an ideology that’s beside the point.

Targeted attacks are the good mass shootings that are a relief to the public because it’s someone killing people they know so people can sleep well knowing they are safe from targeted attacks as long as they don’t anger their spouse or if their spouse has a gambling habit or lost their job or is having an affair or if you’re related to the shooter in some way or work with the shooter or are in the building at the same time of a targeted attack and other such variables that are easy to control for.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Inspector Hound posted:

When the time is right.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I think about my mom getting shot and killed every Thursday when she goes to the grocery store.

There's no joke or anything behind it, I actually think about that.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

goochtit posted:

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

lol yea we’ve got several decades of stochastic violence and subsequent moves towards more state fascism baked into the fabric of America before anything could possibly change, it rules

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

After a bunch of arguments with pro gun people.
right or "left" the fundamental principle is the same: "my tough guy fantasy toys are more important"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

right or "left" the fundamental principle is the same: "my tough guy fantasy toys are more important"

Yes, the cops and courts will definitely apply your fantasy gun laws equally and won't just use them as an excuse to crack down on leftists and minorities. You've cracked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Can't we just vote the guns out of cops hands