Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I didn't care for that episode.

It needed more klaus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

The best thing about AD is that there's so many good quotes that you can forget some of the best.

"Oh, hey, Dad! Lose the shirt and hop in the ring, Snot's been dyin' to fight you for years!"

"Oh, Snot will get his, but he will not see it coming."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I always think about this scene as a great example for why the writing in this show is so good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoMdDu6ryI

It's 66 seconds long, and there's a joke just about every three seconds. The absurdity continually ramps up, right down to the final line of "You're the world's most perfect fool." The choice of the words "most perfect" over "greatest" or "biggest" is a joke in itself, because who would normally say "most perfect"?

The comedic writing has such a distinct tone in American Dad that it's fascinating to think about and break down.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love that hit so much, it’s amazingly well written. Stan’s anguished NooOOOooo makes me laugh every single time, it’s perfect. :allears:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Mess him up Francine!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone knows the big dog runs the show.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Everyone knows the big dog runs the show.

Big Dog! Ruff Ruff!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A lot of Butt Stuff fans are gonna be sore tonight!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Are you say Kelsey Grammer has sex with dogs?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

But do you really think I'd be a dog breeder? Like I'd spend all my time hanging around a kennel with a bunch of dogs? Like I'd check them for fleas and clean out their cages and fill up their bowls every day? Me, the dog breeder? That's ridiculous, Hayley.

I'm the dog.

Edit: I guess I haven't seen Demolition Derby in a long time, completely forgot about the rope bridge Steve's driving across.

A chipmunk's gnawing at it, an eagle kills it and tosses it aside, Steve sighs in relief. Then it starts pecking the rope before a bear mauls it. Steve is relieved again, before the bear claws at the rope. And then a hunter slashes the bear with a machete, Steve cheers before the hunter goes to slash at it.

This show's just delightful.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 21, 2023

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
One that gets me everytime is in One Fish, Two Fish when Francine attempts to open the coconut by throwing it into the floor, because that method always works for jars of pickles. The throw itself is funny but that explanation kills me.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nep-Nep posted:

One that gets me everytime is in One Fish, Two Fish when Francine attempts to open the coconut by throwing it into the floor, because that method always works for jars of pickles. The throw itself is funny but that explanation kills me.

Is that the one where they try to steamroll the coconut and it turns out fish Haley was in it the whole time?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah. I fondly remember Francine taking the chainsaw to it and sending it square into Steve's face.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I loved Roger shooting the coconut and every bullet ricocheting off it to hit Steve.

Klaus finding his slice of heaven in Mexico was great too.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I need a clip from Cry Baby where Stan says "I finally understand the ending of Cars 2! I get it now, the cars – they love each other!"
for some reason that joke works really well used on other movies or shows

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Neeksy posted:

I need a clip from Cry Baby where Stan says "I finally understand the ending of Cars 2! I get it now, the cars – they love each other!"
for some reason that joke works really well used on other movies or shows

https://i.imgur.com/7sekBV1.mp4

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The super delayed reaction to the knee knock

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Thank you so much.

Neeksy fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 22, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait...why's the video playing in the quote but not the original post?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

you want to click through for sound anyway

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

You can also right-click and unmute on PC, at least.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Mordja posted:

Wait...why's the video playing in the quote but not the original post?

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

francine loves muppet treasure island

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Zero One posted:

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

that is an unsatisfying answer

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Seriously though, has anyone seen those launch codes?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/Pko8snL.mp4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The mental picture of Richard Kind performing that in the booth is a whole separate avenue of laughs. :allears:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I have a similar mental image about Patrick Stewart doing that little dance from the Surfer Stan episode

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

For me its the Little Girls song Avery sings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jX9F_wVRs

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Kwatz posted:

Big Dog! Ruff Ruff!

Sigh. I'm more upset about the rain water than anyone but yes you're the big dog, ruff ruff.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

This better be good, I'm in the middle of Stepbrothers and it's about to start!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someday it may all belong to you! That day is today.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Feed the drat chicken, Rog!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/6dxTYeL.mp4

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Oh god just saw the bit from “Anchorfran” where one of the production crew screams “I never learned to read!” before running off sobbing into a room with a big “DANGER: SNAKES” sign on the door. Absolutely killed me.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

qirex posted:

Oh god just saw the bit from “Anchorfran” where one of the production crew screams “I never learned to read!” before running off sobbing into a room with a big “DANGER: SNAKES” sign on the door. Absolutely killed me.

"WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE THAT ROOM?!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

"Was frozen? You're right: I were. But now I wasn't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
There's a quote I love paraphrasing but I can't remember the episode. Can anybody help me out here?

Steve: "We're not gonna be late, are we?"
Roger: "Don't you worry about being late, it'll interfere with your focus. Let me worry about being late."
*smash cut to Roger angrily driving the both of them in a car*
Roger: "poo poo poo poo DAMMIT WE'RE SO FUCKIN' LATE!"