Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Khanstant posted:

in that case March of the Machines will refer to a cadre of swole bodybuilders who all either go by the moniker "the machine" or are otherwise referred to as machines (and also sometimes beasts) who all shhow up to humiiliate phyrexians in a multiversal strongman competition, loser packs it all in and heads for timeout plane

Phyrexian Jace and Teferi get into an argument about the number of workouts you can get in a week if you work out every other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/siXlVk40hIQ

Kathleen and Cam of LRR do a fun recap of the current storyline.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

YggdrasilTM posted:

Phyrexian Champion

WWWW

Creature - Phyrexian Horror - Mythic

Flying

If damage would be dealt to ~ , prevent that damage. When damage is prevented this way, ~ deals that much damage to any other target.

5/5

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

:five:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

You can't have a quote with just "BEHOLD" and not follow it up with OPTIC BLAST! :amen:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That 4 drop goes right into any boros group slug edh deck alongside stuffy doll, spitemare, boros reckoner, truefire captain and brash taunter

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

:perfect:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

the new TCC shuffle up and play with Psully and Cedric is extremely fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OeQDAH1dU8

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Cactrot posted:

Extremely cool to make an Infect Secret Lair years after the deck died due to power creep, definitely need to get an unreadable blighted agent :rolleyes:

this was how I felt about the Eldrazi one a while ago

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LGD posted:

the new TCC shuffle up and play with Psully and Cedric is extremely fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OeQDAH1dU8

there is an unreal amount of poo poo talked in this video

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

ilmucche posted:

there is an unreal amount of poo poo talked in this video

Yeah, it fuckin rules, Patrick and Cedric sniping at each other is hilarious.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Should be a jellyfish horror

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1617681717757898752

lol wtf is this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Larder Elf

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

That seems incredibly bad unless there's something I'm missing that lets you bank counters as ramp or something

Even then, if it was just a 1/2 mana dork elf it would be a million times better

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Repeated proliferate can turn it into an arbor elf. Untapping any land probably means there is something insane and busted it can do, but it's probably too much work to get there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nykthos?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I'm actually rewatching Beast Wars right now, and it holds up remarkably well.

Beast Machines will always be trash, though. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope you're watching the ai upscales on YouTube that are shockingly good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOM1LHra5pk&hd=1

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think the wanderer should get this sweet hat she has in her what-if compleated version

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wittgen posted:

Repeated proliferate can turn it into an arbor elf. Untapping any land probably means there is something insane and busted it can do, but it's probably too much work to get there.

Two of then go infinite with Karn's Bastion, Nykthos and five more green pips.

So yeah, it'll be useful in Christmas land.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Wittgen posted:

I guess that's true, but you could just play arbor elf in a format that it'd be useful in I'd think? Though I'm not up on standard at all so maybe I'm missing something there

Like using utopia sprawl or something like that.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I guess that's true, but you could just play arbor elf in a format that it'd be useful in I'd think? Though I'm not up on standard at all so maybe I'm missing something there

Like using utopia sprawl or something like that.

Arbor Elf only untaps forests, the hypothetical use case for this guy would be untapping arbitrary utility lands that are balanced around only being used once a turn or something.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jabor posted:

Arbor Elf only untaps forests, the hypothetical use case for this guy would be untapping arbitrary utility lands that are balanced around only being used once a turn or something.

:hmmyes: you're totally right, I completely forgot about that limitation

Still seems not great, but definitely has a different use case

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope you're watching the ai upscales on YouTube that are shockingly good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOM1LHra5pk&hd=1

Woah.

lol. Holy gently caress. This channel has Beast Wars NEO.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

This thing... is hosed up. Superfriends has to be a deck. Casting a Walker with one in play puts counters on them all, with one getting +2. And then this thing isn't legendary so you can get a second one out and get really crazy.

That's 3 cards with a minimum cmc of 3, like if you manage to drop fable, sheoldred, and wedding announcement or whatever without dying, I feel you're doing ok anyways compared to whatever this is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Gilded goose this is not (for standard)

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Gaea's Cradle :getin:

(Pretty sure it's bad, but I'll throw one into a goofy EDH deck at least)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The weakness of this fella as a commander is the dearth of mono-u proliferate spells to utilize. There's 16 and past thrummingbird it kinda drops off. It's a problem that I first noticed with Verazol, the Split Current. It's a good effect... but the 99 underneath is not capable of utilizing it effectively.

I also noticed you can't remove enchantment counters, which I suppose is reasonable so I can't restart sagas but dammit I wanted to restart sagas!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I also noticed you can't remove enchantment counters, which I suppose is reasonable so I can't restart sagas but dammit I wanted to restart sagas!

Use Hex Parasite, it can target any permanent.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Jabor posted:

Vidmaster posted:

Gaea's Cradle :getin:

(Pretty sure it's bad, but I'll throw one into a goofy EDH deck at least)

Ley Weaver and Argothian Elder already do the Arbor Elf thing for arbitrary lands, twice, albeit at CMC 4 (also they go infinite with Ashaya, because can they untap a land and themselves every time they tap, as they are lands themselves). If I had a mana crypt in my Ashaya deck there'd be a theoretical t2 kill in it, which is nice.

[edit]

Here's the current build: https://archidekt.com/decks/3663699#Ashaya_Ramp

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 24, 2023

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Use Hex Parasite, it can target any permanent.

I want one guy who can do everything though :cry:

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
A bunch of people on magic Twitter are talking about cheating but not anyone specifically, did something happen that I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

neaden posted:

A bunch of people on magic Twitter are talking about cheating but not anyone specifically, did something happen that I missed?

A known unrepentant cheater won MOCS.