Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like RLM summed it up at when jar jar showed up in TPM episode 1 broke down. You could have just started with attack of the clone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, it should have been teenage Anakin from the start with him and Obi-Wan on some do-nothing adventure with some reveal at the end that poo poo is coming down.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
But isn't that just come wars

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Begun these cum wars have

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When 900 years old, you reach... cum, you will not.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Judge me by my size, would you? And well you should not!

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

As of yesterday Ewan McGregor was talking about how he would be down for a season 2 of Obi-Wan. Not that I think that would happen soon but if that happens a couple of years from now I mean this is Disney they'd 100% get kid Leia back and try to spin off a Young Leia Chronicles or something. And I mean that'd probably be fine, I thought she was really good honestly and was the best part of the show.

Obi-Wan sure gets around for a dude who was supposedly a hermit for 20 years.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I mean, if you never see a dude or call them up for years, how do you know they aren't off gallivanting around having cool adventures while your dumb rear end is still in the same place its always been?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Baby Leia was a fun character but they are out of their minds bringing her to a con. Everybody at the con will be very nice I'm sure, but it's not like they are making another series with baby leia

Yeah, she'll get positive vibes from SWCC, regardless of all the lovely Star Wars fans online. Celebration is generally a positive and chill place. Ahmed, Hayden and Kelly Marie all get tons of love. You might overhear random grumbles/jokes as you walk the floor, but as a gathering, the fans make cast and crew feel welcome.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gergilla
Convor

Was curious as to why I didn't recognize gergilla; they're a new alien species with no prior appearance (or at least no one's been paying attention to the comics or books enough to say "oh that appeared here and there before")

Neat

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah I wouldn't mind if Leia Girl gets a series somewhere down the line. If you're gonna make Kenobi and also then make Andor, I guess we gotta take our chances

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ups_rail posted:

i feel like RLM summed it up at when jar jar showed up in TPM episode 1 broke down. You could have just started with attack of the clone
I agreed with this for years, but after not having seen them since they were in theaters, I watched all the prequels when I was recovering from surgery a couple years back and the only way Jar Jar ruins anything is if you grew up believing in a Star Wars that never was, which most of us, sadly for the discourse surrounding the franchise, very much did.

If, however, you remember that these are homages to early adventure serials for kids, he fits right in. He is in no way more or less irritating than C3P0. We just grew up with one and not the other.

I don't think they're great films by any means, but they're completely watchable schlock just like the originals could be. They just don't reach the greatness they do, which isn't what pissed everybody off, in my estimation. The greatest sin of the prequels was daring to make a Star War that was for children in 1999 and not children from the 70s and 80s who wanted their favorite children's movie to age up with them at the expense of its actual target audience.

The cartoon rabbit that steps in the poopy is, for better or worse for our enjoyment, a part of that.

Much like The Legend of Zelda, Star Wars is too many things to too many people for any one entry in the series to please most of the audience, but every once-in-a-while, it'll kick out a BotW that does just that, more or less, but those are gonna' be rare, so it's nice that we're getting more Star Wars on the regular these days because when something isn't for you, you can just wait a few minutes and there's something up your alley.

I loves me some Andor, but if it was all like that, we'd lose something. We don't want to model train this poo poo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wow! THE Princess Leia!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

As of yesterday Ewan McGregor was talking about how he would be down for a season 2 of Obi-Wan. Not that I think that would happen soon but if that happens a couple of years from now I mean this is Disney they'd 100% get kid Leia back and try to spin off a Young Leia Chronicles or something. And I mean that'd probably be fine, I thought she was really good honestly and was the best part of the show.

yeah the actress fine and just the right amount of precocious, it was the loving looney toons situations the writer put her in that were eye rolling.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
That was a bland filler episode of Bad Batch where absolutely nothing that mattered happened. Nothing was gained. Nothing was learned. I know not every episode can be centered around their dealing with being fugitives on the run, but that was boring. At least give us another episode from Crosshair's perspective of what's happening within the Empire and his inner struggle with what he's done in the name of the Empire.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Can't wait for Disney to hear the clamouring for more Andor style espionage thrillers and give us Princess Leia's traumatising childhood training as a covert operative for the Rebellion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
But only after Filoni gets his Plo Koon origin passion project approved.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

SyRauk posted:

That was a bland filler episode of Bad Batch where absolutely nothing that mattered happened. Nothing was gained. Nothing was learned. I know not every episode can be centered around their dealing with being fugitives on the run, but that was boring. At least give us another episode from Crosshair's perspective of what's happening within the Empire and his inner struggle with what he's done in the name of the Empire.

yeah but the horizon forbidden west giraffe robot

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hm...that machine looked Zeffo-made, and Jedi Survivor's right around the corner, so I'm wondering if this was foreshadowing for it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

LividLiquid posted:

The greatest sin of the prequels was daring to make a Star War that was for children in 1999 and not children from the 70s and 80s who wanted their favorite children's movie to age up with them at the expense of its actual target audience..

This is revisionism, they were received poorly because they were badly made films. Phantom Menace is boring for large stretches, Attack of the Clones is irredeemable CGI dogshit, and Revenge of the Sith has OK moments hampered by awful whiplash inducing writing. I was 10 when Phantom Menace came out and I still knew it was bad compared to the OT which I'd watched on video and in the cinemas for the special edition.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
A Divine Beast?

In my Star Wars?

loving awesome!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

my cat is norris posted:

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT

PALPATINE OR SATAN

I forget when they changed up the cantina scene in the special edition did they remove satan?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neo Rasa posted:

I forget when they changed up the cantina scene in the special edition did they remove satan?

No Obi-Wan remains pivotal to the plot

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Did I miss when the Bad Batch all changed out of their clone armour?

edit: nevermind, it was just the lighting in the cantina, lol They looked really brown.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 25, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
There's a behind the scenes for Willow up that's cute. Biggest surprise for me is that Ellie Bamber was doing an accent for the show.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SyRauk posted:

I dont even get it, the temple burred treasure was like a giant robot? whose key was in a junk yard?

They were wanting to do an adventure story and it just seemed off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

There's a behind the scenes for Willow up that's cute. Biggest surprise for me is that Ellie Bamber was doing an accent for the show.

I just realized, I wonder if she's Jamie Bamber, Apollo from BSG's daughter. Nope, her dads name is David, so she's not a dirty nepo baby.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder what happened on Hunter and Echo's Blue Milk Run, given how grumpy they were at the start of this episode

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder what happened on Hunter and Echo's Blue Milk Run, given how grumpy they were at the start of this episode

All the space cow titties were taken when they got there, huge line

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Hm...that machine looked Zeffo-made, and Jedi Survivor's right around the corner, so I'm wondering if this was foreshadowing for it

I wouldn't be surprised if it is meant to tie into some High Republic/Old Republic type stuff. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half of the legends what's-her-name was talking about were references to old EU stuff

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Baby Leia was fine. It's not her fault that the filmmaking of the show made all her scenes feel like the adults were playing pretend with her

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Farm Frenzy posted:

Baby Leia was fine. It's not her fault that the filmmaking of the show made all her scenes feel like the adults were playing pretend with her

"Do you want to be known as the bounty hunter who hurt a kid?"
"Why do we care about that now? We've done worse before."
"Yeah, but in front of millions of people with access to social media?"
"Hate it when you get all creepy meta about things."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jerkface posted:

All the space cow titties were taken when they got there, huge line

Jar Brandon: “meesa did this”

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Y'know, the whole trope of "our heroes find a treasure but whoops they lost it, or whoops they had to leave it behind because it was cursed" or whatever is getting kind of old at this point. After you're done copy-pasting Tallnecks, couldn't you at least give the Bad Batch a win? Maybe they make enough to get some ship upgrades or something? At this point an actual successful mission would surprise me more tbh.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

look they ain't called the Success Batch or the Winners Batch

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm just amazed that you could do that kind of story in a Star Wars property without leaning hard into Indiana Jones territory. The whole tone of the episode was somber and foreboding. It should have been a fun adventure romp through even just the same stuff. Missed opportunity, 6/10 episode.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hipster Occultist posted:

Y'know, the whole trope of "our heroes find a treasure but whoops they lost it, or whoops they had to leave it behind because it was cursed" or whatever is getting kind of old at this point. After you're done copy-pasting Tallnecks, couldn't you at least give the Bad Batch a win? Maybe they make enough to get some ship upgrades or something? At this point an actual successful mission would surprise me more tbh.

same

like yes they lost the empire's treasure due to hubris and this was just a wild goose chase. But the goose was a mechagodzilla (which should have been the treasure all along!)

How many times are they gonna keep loving up jobs. By their track record they should just make Tech be a drift king for money

plus making me listen to Wanda Sykes is just rubbing salt

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

look they ain't called the Success Batch or the Winners Batch

I mean yeah, but would it kill them to get a win once in a while? The trope is getting a bit stale, I dunno maybe its just me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Halfway through Andor.

A lot of fun so far, feels like an episodic Rogue One

Really liking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Infinitum posted:

Halfway through Andor.