Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ymgve posted:

Is Forspoken a reverse isekai? Because abandoned baby found in the middle of the street sounds a lot like she originally came from magic world as a baby

Really more of an isagirl at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

pentyne posted:

Forspoken just went from "lol no" to "yeah on sale probably" for me if my computer can run it in a stable, even 30 fps manner.

Like drat, I will definitely support games going all in on that whole customizing game difficulty values and settings, it needs to be standard in every game of reasonable size going forward.

i thought this game looked like poo poo but now that i know there's a slider for "how long toppled enemies remain immobile" i've gotta buy it!!!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

MarcusSA posted:

This is one hell of a deal.

Look at that discount

3400%!

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
What's going on with the price of Forspoken? I know AAAAAAAAAA games are expensive but the standard is $70 (or about 65€) and 80€ for Europeans?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ledenko posted:

What's going on with the price of Forspoken? I know AAAAAAAAAA games are expensive but the standard is $70 (or about 65€) and 80€ for Europeans?

Square Enix thinks they can get away with inflated console prices on PC.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Square-Enix and Sony definitely want it to be.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Redfall might also be 80€ if the recent leak is to be believed. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Serephina posted:

I hate you for making me look that up. "Fiction where someone falls through a portal and meets a new world" for anyone watching at home.

I remember when we used to just called that portal fantasy

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The positive part of all those 80€ games is that they're all mediocre garbage that isn't worth playing in the first place.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ErrEff posted:

Redfall might also be 80€ if the recent leak is to be believed. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

MS has already confirmed their games will be $70 going forward.

Beginning in 2023, games built for Xbox Series X|S including Forza Motorsport, Redfall, and Starfield will cost $69.99 USD at launch. While Xbox has noted that regional pricing may differ, it has not yet given specifics for other countries.

"This price reflects the content, scale, and technical complexity of these titles," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "As with all games developed by our teams at Xbox, they will also be available with Game Pass the same day they launch

https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-raising-prices-new-first-party-games-xbox-series-70-2023-redfall-starfield

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Microsoft can test my resolve with another Doom or a nu-Quake, but other than that, paying $70 for games can get all the way to gently caress.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

pentyne posted:

Forspoken just went from "lol no" to "yeah on sale probably" for me if my computer can run it in a stable, even 30 fps manner.

Like drat, I will definitely support games going all in on that whole customizing game difficulty values and settings, it needs to be standard in every game of reasonable size going forward.

i'm just gonna turn the 'didn't play the game' slider alllllll the way to 100%

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Serephina posted:

Please do not buy bad games just because they have a slider that you like.

That's literally how Paradox grew its market base.

Now they make mid games without cool sliders

Disgraceful

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Really more of an isagirl at this point.

isame-mario

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/G27Status/status/1617560414635556865

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Oxxidation posted:

isame-mario

https://hellofangaming.itch.io/isekai-mario

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mario was already an isekai

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

There’s seemingly unlimited bad dialogue floating around from this game, but this seems fine?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

That seems fine to you? It's awful. Just meme-y unoriginal crap that falls flat.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Just announced: Yggdra Union, a remaster of a GBA/PSP tactical RPG. This technically came out on mobile four years ago, but it's in English now. New features include rewinding, autosave, multiple voice tracks and PC-centric control improvements.

It'll hit Early Access on Feb 7 with all the content and features included, and spend a few months there making tweaks and fixing bug reports before declaring it done.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Agent355 posted:

That seems fine to you? It's awful. Just meme-y unoriginal crap that falls flat.

You're acting like that dialogue slapped a baby in the face, it's fine.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Agent355 posted:

I mean it’s not great or anything. But it isn’t just some dumb quip that I can’t imagine anyone ever actually saying. Real people joke around like this from time to time.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Agent355 posted:

But enough about Borderlands...

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

isame-mario

I was going to write exactly this earlier and then thought meh nevermind

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ledenko posted:

It's to guarantee a higher standard of quality and completeness

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Kins posted:

Just announced: Yggdra Union, a remaster of a GBA/PSP tactical RPG. This technically came out on mobile four years ago, but it's in English now. New features include rewinding, autosave, multiple voice tracks and PC-centric control improvements.

It'll hit Early Access on Feb 7 with all the content and features included, and spend a few months there making tweaks and fixing bug reports before declaring it done.

That looks so clean. The GBA version not only had a dozen things going on at the same time, it also was just mess of pixels. It was almost admirable how much they were trying to cram into 240 Χ 160.

Edit: Apparently it also received a Switch port that wasn't localized. I'm guessing this version is based on that.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 24, 2023

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
PC demo for Forspoken will be out today, so we can see whether the port sucks or not for ourselves.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I won't call this good writing, but it made me forcefully blow air through my nose at the end which is more than I can say about a lot of games honestly.

Is the Steam demo not available until the game "unlocks in approximately 2 hours"? All the reviews seem to be somewhere around, "poo poo writing and gameplay you may or may not like" which is fine by me because lol story.

Serephina posted:

Please do not buy bad games just because they have a slider that you like.

What if it's an FOV slider? That can straight up be a make-or-break for me sometimes

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

What if the FOV slider secretly made an idiot tell you jokes with increased frequency? That's something I would do if I was a game designer and if I wanted someone to kill me also.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Anno posted:

There’s seemingly unlimited bad dialogue floating around from this game, but this seems fine?

it's not just horribly creatively bereft and bland and lovely but it's also doing that Marvel Thing where Funny Dialog is an end to itself. like the script was fully written and someone said we don't have enough funny lines!! and they just randomly added them to whichever character is currently speaking regardless of whatever's going on or who they are.

Anno
May 10, 2017

New Mimimi game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1545560/Shadow_Gambit_The_Cursed_Crew

Seems to be sticking to the Shadow Tactics/Desperados genre, but now fantasy pirate stuff.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BykuAlQlSIw

Anno fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 24, 2023

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Is that really a Marvel thing or just like every film released in the last 20 plus years. There are Kevin Smith films with that tacked on stuff as well.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
honestly no idea, all i know is that it seems to be happening in all media a lot more after superhero films really took off and it was happening in the new star wars films so that's why i call it a marvel thing.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, one of those things where Marvel certainly didn't originate that style of writing, but it's a massive cultural influence so if nothing else it has popularized that style.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This is how portal 2 dialogue sounds to me.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

titanfall 2 is the one with a good sp campaign, no?

yes it's super duper fun. short but $3 is a steal

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

This is how portal 2 dialogue sounds to me.

Yes. Portal 2 was also fairly cringey.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jack Trades posted:

Yes. Portal 2 was also fairly cringey.

Not as cringey as this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Portal 2's dialogue works way better because Wheatley is supposed to come off as annoying and incompetent, and the PC does not talk