Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Does this new condensed farm view make the harvest all purchase redundant, as long as you’re doing the same seed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yes

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
With the help of the Bear and about a hundred Large Chest 03s, I am on the brink of finally finishing A Towering Investment III. I just need to wait six hours for my oranges and lemons to recharge.

600 Seaweed for IV is going to suck to accumulate, though.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I have about 2300 gold and no idea what to use it on. For Farm Supply I'm not missing anything I feel is too needed but they are: Flour Power, all cooking options, mastery tracker, quick sell/craft, savings account 2-5, orchard 2-5(I only have an inventory size of 570), cellar expansion 2-5, extra wish 1/2, star map, conversation skills 1/2 and raptor rescue. I'm currently at 84 farming/98 fishing/88 crafting and 76 exploring. What would make exploring less awful maybe? or best use of my gold?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

quick sell/craft

Yo you should have bought this a long time ago. It’s like top tier.

The mastery tracking comes in handy when you are climbing the tower.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

koshmar posted:

Today’s vault was 1 in a million.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Oh hey, I got Present 02 for my 1 year anniversary

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Xeras posted:

I have about 2300 gold and no idea what to use it on. For Farm Supply I'm not missing anything I feel is too needed but they are: Flour Power, all cooking options, mastery tracker, quick sell/craft, savings account 2-5, orchard 2-5(I only have an inventory size of 570), cellar expansion 2-5, extra wish 1/2, star map, conversation skills 1/2 and raptor rescue. I'm currently at 84 farming/98 fishing/88 crafting and 76 exploring. What would make exploring less awful maybe? or best use of my gold?

If you're voiding daily antlers from your raptors it's a good idea to buy inventory. Imo up to 250gold per 50 inv it's still a very good investment. Like you pointed out, it also allows you to increase your orchard which in turn means more stams.

The value of +50 inv starts falling of at around 6.5k inventory (whatever the exact Orchard number was), before that it's always a good investment.
Remember, this is a hoarding game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spend gold on the craft works as well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I kinda want to expand craftworks to be able to craft engines without having to do any manual crafting but it looks like it needs 14 slots.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So they added another level to strange companions.

The 100 geckos should help people

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Tahirovic posted:

If you're voiding daily antlers from your raptors it's a good idea to buy inventory. Imo up to 250gold per 50 inv it's still a very good investment. Like you pointed out, it also allows you to increase your orchard which in turn means more stams.

The value of +50 inv starts falling of at around 6.5k inventory (whatever the exact Orchard number was), before that it's always a good investment.

Yeah I haven’t unlocked Whispering Creek so no raptors yet. Also what should I be doing for silver besides dumping nets into Large Island? Most of my crafting doesn’t generate much income it seems.

Edit: I JUST unlocked Whispering Creek

Xeras fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 24, 2023

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MarcusSA posted:

So they added another level to strange companions.

The 100 geckos should help people

You need 500 for the quest after next though.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

I don't think I'll ever understand this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

monkeytennis posted:

Haha!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm showing 0 quests left for geckos but am at the same spot, is that not accurate?

I do need 3000 treasure chests, among other wooden plank things, for my 2 active quests though.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Mine shows 1 request left for them.

It also takes something else from the well and I’m already using my throws for stuff for the next Far Away one coming up :negative:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oh, nope, now I show 1 left. There must be some kind of async cache invalidation process on that because I checked this morning on the new buddy quest reward screen I was told about earlier in this very thread and it said 0.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh ffs that rhino

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Raptor chatter.

I have one Lvl 10, who is doing a bit better today in his league, and two Lvl 9s who should join him shortly. Is it advisable to dump all my Claws onto one of them, or split them up between three, or just hang onto them for now?

I'm stocking my frontrunner with shields and swords, but gold feathers and peach juice are too precious for now. Stats are 101 HP/4 ATK/4 DEF/3 SPD/8 SPATK/7 SPDEF.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Is anyone currently in honey jail? I'm nearly at inventory and storehouse max and need to give aqay some.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Twincityhacker posted:

Is anyone currently in honey jail? I'm nearly at inventory and storehouse max and need to give aqay some.

Honey isn't giveable.

If you check an item in inventory it will list if it is giveable and any level requirements it may need. (AP may be the only item with requirements)

Arnold Palmers for example

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Tahirovic posted:

drat I forgot about this upgrade. Just spent 500 gold to add 250 inventory, sweet! Still plenty of antlers to void but this'll be a nice little boost plus speed up the wood GMs.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Someone tell me if there's a better idea to get gold fliers/coral/fins than a combo of both mealworm spam and hoping for the blue gel trade for 25 Grab Bag 7's. Especially if the fliers are supposed to be the rarest of the three.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

koshmar posted:

Honey isn't giveable.

I guess that leaves selling them, as I don't have a high enough cooking level to so anything with them. = (

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Twincityhacker posted:

I guess that leaves selling them, as I don't have a high enough cooking level to so anything with them. = (

How many do you receive a day and what's your storehouse per day, you should be able to keep up and not sell any. Your pets can stockpile to the same amount as you max so you can save them there too. I wouldn't sell any if you can avoid it.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

widespread posted:

Someone tell me if there's a better idea to get gold fliers/coral/fins than a combo of both mealworm spam and hoping for the blue gel trade for 25 Grab Bag 7's. Especially if the fliers are supposed to be the rarest of the three.

If this is for Intruders Beware VIII, I'm right there with you. I got the corals because I already had 80 or so of them, and the fins are dropping at an OK rate (still need 45). The fliers are dicks though and I'm out of grab bags. At least the bells were in the exchange center so I'm good on those.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

If this is for Intruders Beware VIII, I'm right there with you. I got the corals because I already had 80 or so of them, and the fins are dropping at an OK rate (still need 45). The fliers are dicks though and I'm out of grab bags. At least the bells were in the exchange center so I'm good on those.

Beg for Cat's Meows in #Giveaways. Gold fish are much less painful when you're combining mealworm spam with an extra handful of fish on every bite.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

delfin posted:

Beg for Cat's Meows in #Giveaways. Gold fish are much less painful when you're combining mealworm spam with an extra handful of fish on every bite.

Thanks for the tip!

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
During the holiday event with extra bites I poured a ton of meal worms into Large Island looking for a gold boot... when it finally bit, I got 4 :v:

And yes, the gold flier bite rate sucks, not least because it's one of the earlier big humps to get over (after rune stones). But it's only going to get worse from now on with herbs, salt, geckos and other stuff. Some of these quests effectively serve as checks to make sure you have enough upgrades. For example, meal worms per day. Or one of the tower quests where you finally get 600 herbs together and then a few steps later you need around 20,000 wood to make into boards and other products. Sure you can explore or wait, but the wait is gonna be much shorter if you pour some more silver into the saw mill.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

koshmar posted:

How many do you receive a day and what's your storehouse per day, you should be able to keep up and not sell any. Your pets can stockpile to the same amount as you max so you can save them there too. I wouldn't sell any if you can avoid it.

My storehouse is only +10 a day at the moment, and I'm not sure how much honey an owl pulls at level 5 but more than 10. I'm working on a quest line now that requires a lot of honey, so I just have to remember not to collect on my owl.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Remember you can always stash some in the storehouse

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Twincityhacker posted:

I'm not sure how much honey an owl pulls at level 5

5*24/8=15

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Oh ffs that rhino

19 teapots got me 1 rhino. i need 3 more. i have enough teapots for...2 more days worth of tries. fuckin wishing well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

oldskool posted:

19 teapots got me 1 rhino. i need 3 more. i have enough teapots for...2 more days worth of tries. fuckin wishing well.

Was coming to mention this horseshit, I've got to throw dice in the well for a 25% chance at a teapot and then throw teapots in the well for a 12.5% chance at a Rhino.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I have 170 teapots so hopefully it won’t take too many days of 20?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
I guess if there was no rng there would be no game to speak of but I am going to slash and burn this whole loving forest for gold leaves here pretty soon

I can’t afford to L6 the frog yet, just maxed macaw and the next 1B is for the storeroom. hate these leaves.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Huge thank you to farmer Distelt who hooked me up with 20 Cat's Meow. Got the golds I needed in short order. I already had a model ship, so unlocked pirates cove this morning. I was hoarding large nets and made a ton of silver in no time.

Goons are the best

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

koshmar posted:

Was coming to mention this horseshit, I've got to throw dice in the well for a 25% chance at a teapot and then throw teapots in the well for a 12.5% chance at a Rhino.

Yes, this just dawned on me this morning. I only had 3 teapots, god knows why. Maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Oh my god Borgen’s got gold leaves

:sickos:

e: and now parts unknown just wants more corn. Always corn. Forever corn. Just corn. Why corn. Why Corn. WHY CORN.

kaptainkaffeine fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 25, 2023