Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

That's metal as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

This is rad. Evocative of the John Blanche vampire era.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/24/beasts-of-chaos-can-spring-an-ambush-with-their-entire-army/

I feel like maybe it’s not a great idea to let your entire army start off the table.

And then let the Ungors shoot from off the table.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
We can finally achieve the ideal form of Age of Sigmar, where there's no models on the table because we're doing better things with our time.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover - but I'm buying that book for the cover.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
It's a really cool cover. Gives me old school Castlevania vibes.

Also, the entire product line of Soulbound has been super rad.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There really hasn’t been a bad book, and I cannot wait for Champions of Chaos.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Mors Rattus posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/24/beasts-of-chaos-can-spring-an-ambush-with-their-entire-army/

I feel like maybe it’s not a great idea to let your entire army start off the table.

And then let the Ungors shoot from off the table.

This is almost certainly going to enable some absolutely busted nonsense that gets quickly errata'd, but also it's exactly the kind of bizarre experimentation that makes AoS more fun to me than 40k.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Meanwhile, the Celestant Prime can do nothing while in reserve :argh:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Talas posted:

Meanwhile, the Celestant Prime can do nothing while in reserve :argh:

daddy Sigmar says no

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Celestant Prime lacks the skillful technical mastery of tiny bows that is held in the minds of the Ungor.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
White_scar_bikes.jpeg

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I do appreciate that GW is willing to go absolutely nuts and take wild army design swings with AoS, but at some point it really inteferes with actually playing the game, right? At the end of the day, if a guy takes an army of 60 Ungors in a Galletian Sharpshooters regiment and guns down the foot heroes this season is supposed to push without ever exposing them to risk or counterplay then what are we doing here?

I am 100% waiting for this tho:

Beerdeer posted:

White_scar_bikes.jpeg

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Deleter posted:

I do appreciate that GW is willing to go absolutely nuts and take wild army design swings with AoS, but at some point it really inteferes with actually playing the game, right? At the end of the day, if a guy takes an army of 60 Ungors in a Galletian Sharpshooters regiment and guns down the foot heroes this season is supposed to push without ever exposing them to risk or counterplay then what are we doing here?

I am 100% waiting for this tho:

The shooting happens in the movement phase, too, so you can’t all-out defense it.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I am fully prepared for the beastmen to turn out to be the first poo poo 3rd ed book in some weird twist.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

The shooting happens in the movement phase, too, so you can’t all-out defense it.
Neither can they use all-out attack and I think the standard "look out sir!" rule still applies. I don't think it's a big deal... well, maybe if they change their warscroll.

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

They can only shoot at the enemy unit closest to the point chosen as the "origin" of the shooting attack. Just bubble wrap your squishy heroes and they'll be literally untargetable.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Gitz rules preview:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/25/the-bad-moon-gets-even-badder-in-the-new-gloomspite-gitz-battletome/

Is this finally the Age of the Bad Moon? Signs point to yes!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thank god for making the squig movement more reliable, I know one guy at games club who'll be happy to see that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Update: they all said 3d6 was "more fun" as if spending £60 to build and paint a unit that may or may not do actually anything on a table was a good time to have.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Another Beastmen rules preview:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/26/beasts-of-chaos-flatten-foes-with-full-forces-of-cygors-ghorgons-and-primeval-spawn/

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Update: they all said 3d6 was "more fun" as if spending £60 to build and paint a unit that may or may not do actually anything on a table was a good time to have.

This is what GW genuinely thinks of greenskin players

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

The Deleter posted:

Love when my cavalry units only move 3" for no reason

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

S.J. posted:

This is what GW genuinely thinks of greenskin players

In this case they were right, though?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

These subfactions both seem really fun.

Battleline priest monsters is just amazing, tho I wonder if they’ll be able to have a monster General or if you need to have one shorter bull to be their mascot.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Finally, a complete Seraphon revamp. The new models look great!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The raptadons are adorable and I like the slightly more overt sci-fi elements on the saurus

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Those look amazing. And comparing them to the new missile launcher primaris marines is just lmao

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

gently caress, I'm starting a Seraphon army apparently.

Sounds like they're getting some other kits later too - guessing Kroxigors / Salamanders and maybe some new Skinks finally?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I would expect them doing additional revels for seraphon during the summer.

Anyway we get all the cool stuff including new khornites and vampires for warcry while 40k gets new primaris lieutenant. Serves them right

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

While the Warcry warbands are not really my thing, I appreciate GW's willingness to get a little wacky with them. Warrior monk vampires! Flesh Hound cultists!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Holy gently caress those Saurus are stellar ( :haw: ).
Did not expect a massive range refresh in general for them and just a repeat with a new character model of some kind.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Those Saurus whip rear end and I love the skinks and their new friends very much

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Seraphon look dope but I’m truly excited by those warbands.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

New Saurus are cool but I am absolutely here for that new Slann.

They really leaned into making the fattest, most magic frog they could. Strong resemblance to Guru from DBZ.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MinistryofLard posted:

They really leaned into making the fattest, most magic frog they could. Strong resemblance to Guru from DBZ.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Hooray for Saurus having good models for the first time in 35 years.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Although you forget the one that comes with the Carnosaur kit.

I do hope we get a new stand alone Scar Veteran model down the line.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I think they mentioned that this was less than half of the new kits coming

the possibility of new kroxigors... :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Gonna guess we'll get new Kroxigors and Salamanders. These two are absolutely atrocious. If they update those the Lizardman range is more or less fine.