Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this thread sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

this thread sucks

very representative of the game

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Inept posted:

i think the game is fun with friends in qp, and outside of that, it's not so fun, so i only play it in qp with friends these days

It's also a fun drinking game in that I'm drinking whenever I decide to play

Also

verbal enema posted:

this thread sucks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

you can pick whatever tank you want and main them and then converge to evenly matched games!

I don't enjoy a game where I outplay the enemy tank on every fight and still lose the tank battle.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Weird, i played about 500 games a season for 21 seasons and noticed it all the time :shrug:

Usually the team in voice rolling the other. Or teams getting held on first point 2cp, etc etc.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

OW1 was completely about the tank battle. Supports were definitely more empowered back then too, but most games came down to one of the tanks' play. Damage players being marginalized is the whole reason we have this lovely version.

best post of the week:

verbal enema posted:

this thread sucks

headcase fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 24, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I maintain OW1 should have just gone "lol, lets get wild" and really cranked up supports utility abilities and lowered their healing drastically, because that opens things up for the DPS.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

verbal enema posted:

this thread sucks

Tru. Except it is most of the threads in games.
Games should have: "Get mad at video games, get a sixer"-policy.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

dogstile posted:

I maintain OW1 should have just gone "lol, lets get wild" and really cranked up supports utility abilities and lowered their healing drastically, because that opens things up for the DPS.

The only brig nerf should have been removing her AOE heal. OK and 500 -> 250 shield.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah taking away CC from almost everything was also a bit of a "haha, lets just gently caress with everyone" decision.

Especially now that the premier tank basically just ignores the only real form of CC you have as a support and combo's you to death while taking <50% damage.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Tru.

Bring back flashbang and m1-freeze. Being an icehole was what Mei is about.
Also flashbang fanning the ulting Genjis never got old.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

goes 36 and 1 with by far the highest damage in the game and explains why he lost the game for his team and why dying a lot is way better decisionmaking :eng101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I think more matches snowball due to DPS diff than tank personally. Yeah it's super noticeable when your tank is absolutely determined to trickle 1v5 the enemy team, but when the enemy team rolls out with a half competent widow and a pocketed Pharah vs. your team's, I dunno, Junkrat and Mei, hoo boy you can be in for a bad time.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Won a very close game last night on Blizzard World, like we stopped their team literally under a meter to the final payload destination and ended up just barely getting ours across the line in overtime. They had a Sigma who was an absolute beast - never missed his shots and had absolutely perfect shield placement and recall before it was destroyed. I feel like I spent half the game stunned from his rocks.

Luckily my teammate switched to Mei and being able to split the tank off from his team with ice walls is what won us that game.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I never understand it when I get ice walled off and my team just stands there waiting for it to go down instead of you know, shooting a hole in it for me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mei wall's used to be ridiculously strong and nobody got the memo when they nerfed it.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I can't even say game is worse than OW1; it's been a weird ride during OW2.

verbal enema posted:

this thread sucks

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

dogstile posted:

Only thing I would worry is that some people tend to really rage at support abilities when they do their job at keeping people in the fight (Rez, Lamp, Suzu) or when they cause them to die much faster (Blue beam, Discord).

Speed Boost is the most enjoyed support ability and I don’t like it because I don’t want a game where the default for every comp is to see if you can do it with Speed. Second most enjoyed is probably Anti-Nade.

But I would enjoy if Supports got crazier abilities too and would accept if everyone had low healing across the board.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-retail-patch-notes-%E2%80%93-january-24-2022/778113

Blizzard posted:

HERO UPDATES
Tank
Orisa

Fortify

Health bonus reduced from 125 to 75
Roadhog

Chain Hook

Impact damage reduced from 30 to 5
The enemy final position distance from Roadhog after being pulled increased from 3 to 4 meters
Scrap Gun

Damage per pellet reduced from 6.6 to 6
Recovery time reduced from 0.85 to 0.8 seconds
Reload time reduced from 2 to 1.75 seconds
Maximum ammo increased from 5 to 6
Developer comments: These changes aim to reduce the frustration of dying in one shot immediately after being hooked and pulled by Roadhog. Chain Hook is still a powerful utility to forcibly reposition enemy players, so it will still often lead to eliminations. Its effectiveness will now be more dependent on specific hero matchups and how the hooked target is able to respond.

Damage
Sojourn

Railgun

Energy gain is no longer based on damage done by primary fire. Each primary fire hit against an enemy player now grants 5 energy
Primary fire damage per projectile reduced from 10 to 9
Developer comments: The energy gain adjustment will help smooth out Sojourn’s average Railgun charge time because it won’t benefit as much from critical damage or damage boost abilities. Hitting armored targets or other sources of damage reduction will result in quicker energy gains than before.

Previously, damage boosts and critical damage had an amplified effect for Sojourn since it reduced the time to build energy and lowered the threshold at which her Railgun secondary fire became lethal. The reduction to primary fire damage will further slow that down as well.

Support
Kiriko

Healing Ofuda

Recovery time increased from 0.85 to 1 second
Developer comments: Despite Kiriko’s healing projectiles being slow-moving and single target, her average healing output per match is higher than we’d like. We’ve seen players tend to get overly focused on maximizing her healing potential and only use primary fire for extended periods of time. Rather than reduce the amount of healing per projectile, which may lead to feeling locked into focusing on primary fire even more, we’re increasing the recovery time before she can start firing the Healing Ofuda. Increasing recovery times opens the opportunity to weave in secondary fire Kunai more freely.

BUG FIXES
GENERAL
Fixed an issue with the "Winged Sandals’ weapon charm’s ‘How to Unlock’ text
Adjusted footstep audio mixing to make enemy footsteps more audible
HEROES
Lucio

Fixed an issue with Lucio’s Hermes skin exhibiting incorrect physics
Reinhardt

Fixed an issue with Reinhardt’s Hammer appearing deformed during the Sweethardt emote
Sojourn

Fixed an issue where Sojourn’s Cyber Detective Skin would fail to load
Wrecking Ball

Fixed an issue with Adaptive Shield where it could be incorrectly applied before the cooldown was complete

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Lmao I wasn't expecting them to actually just kill roadhog but here we are

Meanwhile orisa nerf is minimum effort.

Actually reading the comments for the soj change, they think the problem is the charge time and not her one shotting with mercy attached, which is also weird.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Is "better nerf Roadhog" the new "better nerf Genji"

Also lmao they also missed the point where you ult as Sojourn for railgun usage instead of normal shots

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah the Orisa nerf is negligible but Hog got whacked.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

dogstile posted:

Meanwhile orisa nerf is minimum effort.

Actually reading the comments for the soj change, they think the problem is the charge time and not her one shotting with mercy attached, which is also weird.

Yeah. How much that reduces hook combo damage? 50? or more?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

widespread posted:

Is "better nerf Roadhog" the new "better nerf Genji"

Also lmao they also missed the point where you ult as Sojourn for railgun usage instead of normal shots

The point is Mercy pocketing Soj was especially powerful and unfun (and doubley especially at higher ranks since good Sojourns will be hitting crit damage shots more often, and thus charging even fastererer) because Sojourn getting damage boosted constantly would charge the railgun way faster than originally intended and you'd be getting tons of high damage rail shots in addition to then getting lots of ults.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I support nerfing Hog but maybe, just maybe, make more than three different Tanks viable?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Issaries posted:

Yeah. How much that reduces hook combo damage? 50? or more?

Hard to say because of the meter increase. Smaller heroes would already survive sometimes, so it's pretty significant

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

dogstile posted:

Time is a flat fuckin' circle I tell you h'what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjLMq0P8uyY

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

dogstile posted:

Hard to say because of the meter increase. Smaller heroes would already survive sometimes, so it's pretty significant

Assuming normal pellet damage for the combo is around ~150 dmg, -10% pellet damage reduction would be about -15 damage. Reduce further -25 from the hook damage = -40 damage and whatever you lose from distance.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hog used to be viable against Orissa now it's just going to be all Orissa all the time.

Lmao that fortify nerf.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

toadee posted:

The point is Mercy pocketing Soj was especially powerful and unfun (and doubley especially at higher ranks since good Sojourns will be hitting crit damage shots more often, and thus charging even fastererer) because Sojourn getting damage boosted constantly would charge the railgun way faster than originally intended and you'd be getting tons of high damage rail shots in addition to then getting lots of ults.

So now it looks like you pick Sojourn if the enemy tank (or anyone else for that matter) has armor. Or maybe you dont get pocketed until your ult's ready, which at that point Ana might have an edge in terms of ult chaining.

No idea if I'm missing something, but they really want people to use her ult more if they're making her kit outside of it not that good. Prob could have just made the railgun shot non-boostable instead.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/playoverwatch/status/1617954031233601539?s=46&t=awCCEHHa9ZQwIGDhfZ9E7w

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I want Junker Queen to be viable without needing the poor support to go into overdrive/sweaty mode to make the character somewhat competitive. Support is also a drag to play and should be overhauled. The initial buzz wore off and the game's really not that fun to play anymore. All these issues keep adding up and matchmaking continues to be butt. Maybe 1 out of 4 or 5 games ends up being a decent romp, the rest end up as stomps.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I wonder if JQ would benefit from her wounds increasing her speed as well as healing her. could be a good survivability increase

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Every other tank has either DR or a Barrier or Armor, usually more than one.
JQ needs at least one of those.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Oh god, they are going to ruin my porky boy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's a little comical they did 3 nerfs combined to completely dumpster hog when just any one would've probably been fine to prevent tons of one-shots lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Every other tank has either DR or a Barrier or Armor, usually more than one.
JQ needs at least one of those.

Am I having a stroke or weren't you doubling down on JQ's incredible powers of resilience just the other week.

Don't get me wrong, they are not mutually exclusive.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Oh god, it is worse than I excepted.
These are with Hook -> step forward -> m1 -> melee

bit over 100 damage for the combo. You need a really accurate m2 to compensate.

Trivia: If you don't step forward, your melee will not hit at all.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I would have reduced the range of Roadhog's hook. Reduce his ability to delete characters by a bit while not removing his entire ability to get picks.

IDK I get that it sucks to get hooked by roadhog but is it really that much worse than getting skewered by Orisa's spear. I don't know the math but I bet spear + consistent minigun hits while you're slowed does about as much damage as roadhog's hook combo.

Roadhog just feels like a character that is constantly being punished for just doing what he's supposed to do.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I love playing hog but they insist on loving with him, sometimes as a tank your DPS just can't get picks and hog is the way to go. I really wish they would release numbers on pickrates would be very interesting to see the tank spread.