Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Every video game begins with "star", when you hit the "star"t button.

we don't have start anymore, we have options and +

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

what has brandon done to this hosed up world...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Saint Freak posted:

Whoa we have real-life versions of Vtubers now?

Lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Feldegast42 posted:

:yeah:

we gotten so lost in technology that we have to create new inventions just for us to appear human (and then fail miserably at it)

It's also kind of a solved issue. Majority of streamers have their webcam set up so it's a side on shot when they're actually gaming, so when they turn to look at chat they make eye contact. And if the streamer is just having a chat with their chat they still look away occasionally or focus on something else lol.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
1030JH also has a ridiculous streaming setup with a head mounted camera and wrist mounted phone for following chat so he can go and stream in his attic, it's pretty next level

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

Just put an x over the + and there's your star

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

Wild Arms 3 tells me to hit the Start button but I have to press the right side touch pad button....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Saint Freak posted:

Whoa we have real-life versions of Vtubers now?

can we ban these ones too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a lot of trouble hitting the + and - buttons... the minus button is especially too small and baby

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Class Action Against Nintendo

Target group
All persons residing in Quebec who have purchased Nintendo Switch™, Nintendo Switch™ Lite, Joy-Con™ and Nintendo Switch Pro consoles or controllers since August 1, 2017.

Hidden defect
Under the Consumer Protection Act, a consumer who purchases a product is entitled to have it used for the normal purpose for which it is intended and that its duration of proper operation is reasonable, taking into account the price paid and the use he makes of it.

The “Joy-Con Drift” is a significant, serious and hidden defect in that:
- consumers would not have purchased the defective consoles or controllers or would not have paid such a high price if they had experienced the reduced life expectancy they could expect from these products as a result of the defect;
- the defect prevents those products from fulfilling the function for which they were purchased and causes inconvenience to consumers;
- the defect has not been revealed by Nintendo;
- consumers were unable to detect the defect following an ordinary examination of the products.
As a result, Nintendo has also ignored an important fact, namely the quality of its products, which is a determining factor that can influence the informed choice of the consumer.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s a whole lot of “people are only treating Forspoken as worse than other games because it has a black female protagonist!” happening in stupider corners of the internet. Not as cringe as the dialogue in the game itself but still pretty darn cringe
see Sarah Z's video about Sacrificial Trash for an explanation on this phenomenon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Class Action Against Nintendo

Target group
All persons residing in Quebec who have purchased Nintendo Switch™, Nintendo Switch™ Lite, Joy-Con™ and Nintendo Switch Pro consoles or controllers since August 1, 2017.

Hidden defect
Under the Consumer Protection Act, a consumer who purchases a product is entitled to have it used for the normal purpose for which it is intended and that its duration of proper operation is reasonable, taking into account the price paid and the use he makes of it.

The “Joy-Con Drift” is a significant, serious and hidden defect in that:
- consumers would not have purchased the defective consoles or controllers or would not have paid such a high price if they had experienced the reduced life expectancy they could expect from these products as a result of the defect;
- the defect prevents those products from fulfilling the function for which they were purchased and causes inconvenience to consumers;
- the defect has not been revealed by Nintendo;
- consumers were unable to detect the defect following an ordinary examination of the products.
As a result, Nintendo has also ignored an important fact, namely the quality of its products, which is a determining factor that can influence the informed choice of the consumer.

Skill issue.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I don't see an Original Nintendo Seal of Quality on those Joy-Cons, do you?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

can we ban these ones too

no i'm banned from hasans chat

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Just smdh if you can't maintain unwavering eye contact on video chats at all times. Embarrassing beta-person behavior. What are elementary schools even teaching anymore.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

mutata posted:

Just smdh if you can't maintain unwavering eye contact on video chats at all times. Embarrassing beta-person behavior. What are elementary schools even teaching anymore.

Video poker

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lmao

https://twitter.com/OverwatchCaval/status/1617555427612590081?s=20&t=PItp52FSPFfjczjIDTeAHw

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

WoW and diablo are also gone, which is, uh, not great for the ol' financials, especially with the launch of a brand new expansion not too long ago

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watched episode 2 of the Last of Us last night, and I liked it! The show is good so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I’m curious how much this was political versus a financial dispute.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

If only they had suppressed pro-taiwan gamers harder

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao gently caress Blizzard

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's great news... for the people of china. seems unfair we still have to have blizzard games

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

i'd chalk it up to financial reasons, with netease probably wanting a bigger slice of the pie than blizzard thought they could afford, especially since the blizzard brand has seemingly been fading from public consciousness in china as it is. there's nothing any more objectionable to chinese censorship in OW2 than whatever something like league has, and blizzard has very pointedly stayed away from any and all comments on china or taiwan for quite a while, so i don't see any real axe to grind that would force netease's hand

there could be private sour grapes we can't see - not getting diablo immortal approved in china was probably a huge blow to blizzard's financial prospects - but who knows

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Apparently a certain someone also really, really pissed off Netease who is implied to be Bobby Kotick

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What leverage does Blizzard even have in that situation? Doesn't Netease have basically a monopoly on games allowed to be sold in China? Even if Blizzard games were the most popular, is there really a risk gamers are just going to abandon gaming if those games were wiped? Seems like cutting Blizzard would just compel gamers to seek refuge in other games, possibly domestic titles as a bonus. I guess if there's a huge risk of people ditching NetEase and playing Blizz games illegally?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Khanstant posted:

What leverage does Blizzard even have in that situation?

The answer is no leverage at all, same as all these other video game publishers who are falling all over themselves to "break into the chinese market".

It's like being a youtuber or something. You have to be a little stupid to think it isn't a house of cards that could collapse at any time.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

What leverage does Blizzard even have in that situation?

netease loses out on potential distribution profits from blizzard titles, which leads me to believe they weren't all that big to begin with

riot's effectively eaten blizzard's breakfast in china as it is, and i can't imagine the already lukewarm launch of OW2 or dragonflight's release have managed to reverse those fortunes appreciably

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Games in China need to have a chinese distributor, without Netease Blizzard will have to find another company willing to do it for them, but that also means they'll have to go through the approval process again which could become a political issue with Activision perhaps getting absorbed into one of America's largest companies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its going to hurt even worse when Diablo IV releases and it can no longer be in China. Blizzard at this point will have no choice but to just accept whatever NetEase wants and it will like be significantly worse than it was before.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

that's great news... for the people of china. seems unfair we still have to have blizzard games

Chairman Xi we need you now more than ever

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

maybe now Skeleton King can be a skeleton again

oh no wait that was dota2

in other news i looked up the level cap in nioh 2 and apparently with all the dlc (like in the complete edition which i own) the cap is 750 lmao

i'm only 67 :negative:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

that's too many levels

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

maybe now Skeleton King can be a skeleton again

oh no wait that was dota2

in other news i looked up the level cap in nioh 2 and apparently with all the dlc (like in the complete edition which i own) the cap is 750 lmao

i'm only 67 :negative:

That's for NG+ type poo poo, don't worry about it too much

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bone emulator posted:

that's too many levels

Someone's never played a Disgaea

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Someone's never played a Disgaea

Yeah Disgaea 6 and 7 go up to 99,999,999 now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Good. Usa should do it too

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I got the easy (bad) ending of Castlevania SOTN. I looked up how to get a series of different endings, and I just don’t care enough to reload a save and keep going on something I wouldn’t have found without a guide. Roll credits is enough for me to wrap up a game.

Good game, the ending I got makes it a surprisingly short game though. I like how loopy the castle is, though I didn’t love the traversal.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good joke but kinda weird to make a nier fakepost like a week later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Reverse Castle is honestly kind of weak, but you can clean it all up in an hour or two