Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't imagine having to design a hundred different girls for a manga. Sure they can all have stamp face, but a hundred different hairstyles is crazy, and a hundred different outfits, body types, special features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

thats why kobayashi ritz is the goat

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

100 girlfriends goes all-in on it's incredibly stupid premise and every single character is involved in the story somehow. there's also a weird war going on between the author, who is trying to lighten the artist's workload, and the artist, who sees every character as her precious baby and refuses to deny any of them screentime

it's still wish fufillment garbage mind you but it has some good gags sometimes and the sheer determination to stick to that insane mission statement is admirable

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 24, 2023

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

for a moment i thought you meant it had that as like a metafictional conflict in the actual series

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

for a moment i thought you meant it had that as like a metafictional conflict in the actual series

it actually does at one point. the protagonist visits the literal artist to figure out how to massively overwork himself because shenanigans

one of the better running gags is that he is a ridiculously dedicated boyfriend to the point of absurdity so he can just bend reality like that sometimes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's so bizarre and exaggerated that i don't think it is wish fulfillment.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's so bizarre and exaggerated that i don't think it is wish fulfillment.

i couldn't really think of a good word for it. sometimes it's trashy fanservice and sometimes it's funny and even heartfelt. it's a really weird manga

e: though even "trashy fanserive" doesn't really describe it because those chapters are usually just 20+ indivudlal characters' quirks all smashing together at once and it runs the gamut from perverted to weird to funny to wholesome to all four??? i don't fuckin know what genre it even is

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 24, 2023

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Oh wikipedia is surprisingly in depth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_Girlfriends_Who_Really,_Really,_Really,_Really,_Really_Love_You

quote:

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You focuses on high school student Rentarō Aijō, who in his lifetime fell in love and confessed to exactly 100 girls, only to be rejected by all of them. While praying in a shrine, Rentarō is approached by the God of Love, who reveals that he, due to an error, is destined to have 100 soulmates. However, he also tells Rentarō that if he does not return the feelings of any of his soulmates, they will suffer an accident and die. Not wanting this to happen, Rentarō is determined not to let any of his soulmates die as he meets and dates them all at the same time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

On the whole there’s not really any fanservice it’s just 20 girls each representing a specific trope ranging from horny teen to tsundere to actual grandma interacting with each other and kissing the guy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In addition theres only about half of the girls who really get a lot of focus or attention, one of whom is the worst one (the science girl)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What happened to the other 80? Got into an accident and died?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

In addition theres only about half of the girls who really get a lot of focus or attention, one of whom is the worst one (the science girl)

Science Is Not loving Awesome

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Clarste posted:

What happened to the other 80? Got into an accident and died?

It’s like a royal rumble where nobody is eliminated, there’s a new girl every 4-5 chapters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1617815749640466438

Four down!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Winter Season 2023: A Vash Ocean of Covid

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

spring season already has 50 romcoms, whats one more

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Winter Season 2023: A Vash Ocean of Covid

:psyduck:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

maou gakuin is the funniest show ever made

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

watched the three episodes of the angel next door that are out
its good so far and... not much to say, its a very enjoyable if unexeptional show. the best friend and his girlfriend are fun and will probably get involved more considering how episode 3 ended
the only complaints would be that sometimes the dialogue feels unnatural and the premise is a bit too wish-fullfilly but those are minor

the way the main guy from talks/sounds reminds me of oreki from hyouka

read through some of the manga aswell and i think the scene where she falls over is better in the anime, the manga version was a bit too fanservicy and in general toning down the romantic feelings the main girl shows toward the main guy that early was good

i will keep watching it and would recommend it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reborn to Master the Blade is my sleeper hit of the season, a simple tale of a girl who used to be a guy who wants to beat stuff up.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Reborn to Master the Blade is my sleeper hit of the season, a simple tale of a girl who used to be a guy who wants to beat stuff up.

Gives me female Goku vibes, doesn’t care about anything besides having an exciting fight

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Does it have good action? I feel like that's a basic requirement for any show about a hyper-enthusiastic fightperson.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fights generally look okay and are decent but don't having amazing choreography. However Akari Kito's performance as Inglis is pretty great and helps carry the show

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Animation is pretty mediocre. Not bad, but def not great.

Everyone who read the LN described Inglis as female goku so I'm glad to see the anime watchers with the same thoughts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tales of Woe posted:

maou gakuin is the funniest show ever made
I did not see the eclipse joke coming and it was perfect.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Misfit of Demon King Academy is great. Anos is like just such a wholesome guy and it's hilarious when they play all his wild poo poo completely straight while everyone nods and goes "umhmm that seems reasonable" except for the one guy loosing their mind at it.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i thought the latter half of the latest episode was a pretty big step down because of how transparent the 'we need to give anos conflicts that he can't solve with incredible violence' gimmick was. i guess it's trying to be a little more openly parodic of the whole 'you must complete these tests/trials to prove that you are a hero' idea that these shows often have?

also the cgi tree is unsettling, not so much in a 'the cgi is bad' way, but in a 'this looks like poo poo regardless of how it was animated' way.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im glad they made the tree look like that, i burst out laughing when i saw it in the PV

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

give anus conflicts!

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
"Campfire Cooking in Another World with my Absurd Skill" is proving to be delicious fun. After all the heaviness of "Chainsaw Man," MAPPA must've wanted to do something a lot more lighthearted. The protagonist is not too remarkable, but Fel the Fenrir is hilarious. And so fluffy! And of course, the food pr0n is good as well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fyi

the anime probably won't get that far, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi

drat, his power really is based on online shopping

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

drat, his power really is based on online shopping
lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fyi

lol at the rational hitler translator's note

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I have said all I need to about the issue of slavery back in chapter 305

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

fyi

So it's another Usagi Drop style adaptation, eh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

fyi

He's weirdly insistent on wanting cute maids

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Namtab posted:

I have said all I need to about the issue of slavery back in chapter 305

I checked chapter 305 and he says slaves deserve it because they have neither the motiviation nor the intelligence to exist with rights.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

fyi

lol always sunny-rear end chapter title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

OnimaruXLR posted:

So it's another Usagi Drop style adaptation, eh

That implies a level of quality that was never there in the first place for yet another generic Isekai that is extremely obsessed with food.