Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Lesnar vs prime Bigelow would've been a fun spectacle but Bigelow's body was already falling apart at that point.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I love me some Terry Funk, tho.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Thread is good, only thing I'd change about it is expanding it to all the old fuckers with Podcasts. I need updates from Russo, Bischoff, Road Dogg and basically anyone who's upset that they've been shown up by an E-Fed booker. If you booked in TNA and have the gall to criticize anyone, I want one convenient thread to dunk on you in.

Listened to every old guy podcast and turns out they personally were responsible for all good things, and not responsible for any bad things

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

all I remember from that turd of a dvd is that Corny wanted Regal and Benoit to have a worked shoot in the ring

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love me some Terry Funk, tho.

anyone saying they don't want to see him beat the undertaker is lying to themselves. blinded by hatred, you hate to see it...

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly that card is loving sick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hey Cornette fan, Jim Cornette sucks because he has Confederate Flag merchandise in his living room. Can you go do your research to prove me wrong and post pictures of the stuff and how it is actually ok? I don't really care that he has this stuff but it's really funny stuff like you'd see in a grandma's living room and I want to see the picture again. Thanks!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The_Rob posted:

Honestly that card is loving sick.

I dunno if I’d put it on Wrestlemania, but E&C vs Nova and Jerry Lynn would be a lot of fun.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean, I'd buy a ticket to see that card

The card itself isn't terrible, the booking to get to that card and the finishes of the matches are loving awful. Give it some tweaks and completely change the build, and it would probably be remembered as one of the better Manias.

Off the top of my head I'd make Funk Vs Taker a No DQ and put it in the slot where Flair Vs Taker was at actual Mania 18, Put the Dudley's against the Steiner's instead of the Road Warriors and add some tables, Swap out Bigelow for DDP (Lesner is green as gently caress so DDP laying everything out would probably make for a good match like it did with Goldberg), add in Trish Stratus Vs Medusa, Kane/Show can face Hall/Nash in some bullshit 7 minute affair where X-Pac does a run in, swap the Hardy's and Edge and Christian, Sting Vs The Rock for the belt and make Austin/McMahon Vs Hogan/Flair for the control of the company, McMahon and Hogan betray both of their partners and Vince pins Flair and Hogan gives McMahon an NWO shirt.

And then Raven comes out and gives them both The Evenflow CAW CAW CAW EC-DUB

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's the kind of insanely stupid scenario that only could have happened in like, 1999 WCW as we wish it was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The card itself is terrible. We've seen Austin vs Foley many times before, but it's at least good.

Undertaker vs Funk would be awful.

Rock vs Sting would likely not be good, maybe Sting is motivated and good but in that era? Eh.

The Hogan, Vince and Dudleys matches would all be really bad. Angle/Benoit would be good but the rest is just a mix of average to good matches, mostly with bad mixes of talent.

It's all meaningless because people put these cards together randomly to get a payday for a shoot interview but it's an awful card.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Look at this man who doesn't want to see Terry Funk scream "MY EYE" as Taker spits some chew in it.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

MassRafTer posted:

Hey Cornette fan, Jim Cornette sucks because he has Confederate Flag merchandise in his living room. Can you go do your research to prove me wrong and post pictures of the stuff and how it is actually ok? I don't really care that he has this stuff but it's really funny stuff like you'd see in a grandma's living room and I want to see the picture again. Thanks!

I got upset posting about Jay Briscoe, just to bring this full circle. I don't consider myself "Cornette fan" rather than someone who got upset about contributing a tribute expecting a little memorialization and got the hyena crowd in instead. A situation I would have ignored normally, but I jumped into it for some reason this time.

I don't think confederate flag poo poo belongs anywhere in modern society.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MassRafTer posted:

The card itself is terrible. We've seen Austin vs Foley many times before, but it's at least good.

Rock vs Sting would likely not be good, maybe Sting is motivated and good but in that era? Eh.

The Hogan, Vince and Dudleys matches would all be really bad. Angle/Benoit would be good but the rest is just a mix of average to good matches, mostly with bad mixes of talent.

It's all meaningless because people put these cards together randomly to get a payday for a shoot interview but it's an awful card.
I'm not saying that it would be good. I didn't see The Room in the theatre five or six times because it's a good movie.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Hausu Usher posted:

I got upset posting about Jay Briscoe, just to bring this full circle. I don't consider myself "Cornette fan" rather than someone who got upset about contributing a tribute expecting a little memorialization and got the hyena crowd in instead. A situation I would have ignored normally, but I jumped into it for some reason this time.

I don't think confederate flag poo poo belongs anywhere in modern society.

Oh my stars and garters, someone dared to violate decorum? On the internet?!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm not saying that it would be good. I didn't see The Room in the theatre five or six times because it's a good movie.

I'd love for Corny's corny serious booking to be treated like a comedy.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I’m gonna break corny quarantine (cornytine?) to say that I am very glad that Mark Briscoe will be allowed on AEW TV and will be allowed to wrestle and honor his brother.

Tony must have gone hard at the brass, I’m envisioning a full LBJ Treatment fueled by the best cocaine in the world.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

bloodysabbath posted:

I’m gonna break corny quarantine (cornytine?) to say that I am very glad that Mark Briscoe will be allowed on AEW TV and will be allowed to wrestle and honor his brother.

Tony must have gone hard at the brass, I’m envisioning a full LBJ Treatment fueled by the best cocaine in the world.

That should be a nice tribute, who is he wrestling?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
lol Jay Lethal

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

IMO the best possible fantasy match is Vader vs. Vader with Vader as the referee. There are trampolines at ringside.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Vader vs Big Van Walter vs Bam Bam Bigelow vs Keith Lee

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine wanting any Vader match other than Vader vs Sting except it's a Sting who has been visited by current Sting and told how much cooler he could be if he jumps off of poo poo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Big Man Vader vs. Andreza Giant Panda

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Lid posted:

Vader vs Big Van Walter vs Bam Bam Bigelow vs Keith Lee

I gotta have Big E, at minimum, on commentary

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just watched Vader vs El Gigante from the Tokyo Dome for unrelated reasons and it's sick.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I gotta have Big E, at minimum, on commentary

and Mark Henry

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Majinfoose posted:

I'd love for Corny's corny serious booking to be treated like a comedy.

Just watch SMW

He had a championship that would be vacated if the champion made five successful defenses.

He called it the "Beat The Champion" TV Title.

That's like calling the Super Bowl/World Series/Stanley Cup/etc. the "Most Points is the Winner" Championship

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the beat the champ belt was insanely dumb because how are you gonna get invested in any of those matches? youre either cheering for your guy to win 5 times and then not be champion anymore because hes stripped of his accolades for kicking too much rear end, or youre cheering for someone to get a belt that doesnt mean anything.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

In reality you can only win the belt while listening to the Mountain Goats

Brilliant idea, actually

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I could see that concept working if you get your name added to the List of True Champions when you vacate it, but that only works if there's already a list of title holders who managed to win five times and went on to become legends. It isn't something that works at all while you're trying to establish it, and it just takes one person going all the way that ends up being a wet fart to ruin the whole thing.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

the beat the champ belt was insanely dumb because how are you gonna get invested in any of those matches? youre either cheering for your guy to win 5 times and then not be champion anymore because hes stripped of his accolades for kicking too much rear end, or youre cheering for someone to get a belt that doesnt mean anything.

I could see it working if you got a world title shot after 5 defenses. I assume that wasn't the case.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

bartok posted:

I could see it working if you got a world title shot after 5 defenses. I assume that wasn't the case.

They were awarded "money" for every successful defense: $1,000 for the first four, then $5,000 for defense number 5, at which point the belt would be vacated.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWmz9sRWwBM

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If he says anything other than "this is a good thing, hooray" I am going to be mad

O.K., that was fine. We can now deactivate him and place him into storage on this high point.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

What a dipshit, he implies that the morons he encouraged to try to doxx someone probably changed their minds despite his idiot fans just doxxing random WBD employees

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What a dipshit, he implies that the morons he encouraged to try to doxx someone probably changed their minds despite his idiot fans just doxxing random WBD employees

but he got family guy to bring brian the dog back!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Oh, forgot to mention the best thing about the SMW "Beat the Champ" Television Title: there was no physical representation of the title. No belt, no medal, no trophy. It was literally just words.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wouldn't be surprised if some of the smw stuff that was really loving stupid and unlike any other wrestling were the dumbass ideas of rick rubin. just kidding. it was all jim cornette and he sucks worse than a sucka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

(right click - unmute)

https://i.imgur.com/4198ZLc.mp4

"Oh and by the way, if it was Tony or whoever else stood up. Or if it was the fans just by popular demand or whatever. *cheering noises* Or the wrestlers, everybody".

JUNGLE BOY posted: