Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Division 1 definitely has the better world, but I still enjoyed building up settlements and doing little errands and exploring the DLC stuff a great deal. If I'm gonna replay one of them, it's definitely gonna be 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Play posted:

Titanfall 2 is 3 bucks on steam atm. Seems like a p good deal

This is why you always wait 6-7+ year for a good deal.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Massive make a new Ground Control

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not for Broadcast announced a story DLC:

quote:

Tonight on "Live and Spooky", the nation's favourite ghost-hunting show: our crew, joined by special guest Patrick Bannon, will dive into the mysteries of the long-abandoned Bannon Soundstage. Legend says it's been haunted by a ghost since its very last broadcast. Join us in unveiling the dark secret lingering behind the studio's doors!

Pff, right. As if ghosts are a real thing. It's all just a bunch of superstition... right?

perhaps inspired by, the goated bbc event ghostwatch...??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JkEbGMEXVs

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

One thing that bothered me about the Division 2 is they didn't really clarify any ideals behind any of the sides. Not hang-up worthy, though. One of the few good games Ubisoft has made.
It's Tom Clancy, the only ideal you ever need is "shoot the undeserving poor".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mordja posted:

Omg, that’s the same studio? I totally forgot.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Flair posted:

This is why you always wait 6-7+ year for a good deal.

I bought it for $5 when it was first released on Steam, like a sucker.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The 43 GB demo for Forspoken is on steam now, gonna check it out later :shrug: I've heard mixed things about the combat but if I like it I'll probably grab it on sale eventually.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

They did its called World in Conflict.

Massive make a new World in Conflict!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Sab669 posted:

The 43 GB demo for Forspoken is on steam now, gonna check it out later :shrug: I've heard mixed things about the combat but if I like it I'll probably grab it on sale eventually.

Chances are, if you bought any computer hardware in the past year and a half, you've gotten it as bundleware. (Just like the new Saints Row shitfest). Which kind of explains why the purchase numbers are so high. Because so many people *bought it* without actually asking for it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Perestroika posted:

It's kinda remarkable how it has the confidence to just show you something absolutely over-the-top and/or kind of dumb and letting it stand on its own merit without further commentary.

this is also why yakuza is good

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Weedle posted:

this is also why yakuza is good

I'll have you know that a chimp operating an excavator is a very serious situation

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Was just about to post that Forspoken has a demo now on PC. Watching people play it on Twitch this morning, and the critic reviews are way off the mark about the story and dialog.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I tried the Forspoken demo on PS5 and was unimpressed with the performance, but I'll try it Forspokagain on PC and see if it doesn't blow up my system on load.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

EricFate posted:

Chances are, if you bought any computer hardware in the past year and a half, you've gotten it as bundleware. (Just like the new Saints Row shitfest). Which kind of explains why the purchase numbers are so high. Because so many people *bought it* without actually asking for it.

That wouldn't affect Steam's top sellers list I don't think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Was just about to post that Forspoken has a demo now on PC. Watching people play it on Twitch this morning, and the critic reviews are way off the mark about the story and dialog.

Which way?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
How many people do you think are buying new computers that its bundleware would constitute the majority of a high profile AAA game's sales? Also I've bought two AMD computers in the past 9 months and didn't get a copy of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Steam's top sellers list is only affected by direct storefront sales, by total revenue over volume. If you're asking how a game can be bought by so many people sight unseen and maybe not even work correctly then well, might I remind you of a little something that rhymes with Hyped Up Junk Fenty Bleventy-Bleven

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Which way?

I can only assume they're trying to say it's not as bad as reviews are making it, because most of the reviews I skimmed said how bad/campy the dialog is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sab669 posted:

I can only assume they're trying to say it's not as bad as reviews are making it, because most of the reviews I skimmed said how bad/campy the dialog is.

Yeah, but at the same time I've heard some of the dialogue and it's very, very bad, so it's hard to believe that it's not as bad as they say

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Jack Trades posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2107860/Yggdra_Union/

20 y/o Gameboy Advance game is finally coming to Steam!

I still have the GBA cartridge of this in my DS, waiting for me to actually finish it.

How WEIRD is it that this thing is coming out in Early Access? I guess because they want to see if they can optimize the port (of a 20 year old GBA game!) for the PC? It does not... look very much remastered (from what I can see on my phone at work). I was unaware of it getting touch-ups on other consoles but it does look *slightly* better than what I'd anticipate this game would look like if it were a straight GBA port. I probably missed an iteration somewhere.

Still, depending on the price, this seems like a nice thing to grab for a potential future Steam Deck revisitation.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Bad Seafood posted:

The Great Ace Attorney. This is not a joke.

It's a lighthearted game with a comedic tone, so nobody's dropping slurs or committing hate crimes, but the longer you play the more you become acquainted with the sort of subtle social racism that also permeates a lot of society: people eying you with suspicion because you're a foreigner, talking down to you, belittling you, so on and so forth. It's actually kind of refreshing in a weird way, since it's a topic that so seldom gets addressed. Popular media loves to focus on extreme depictions of discrimination, which are real and did happen (and still happen), but I can't recall too many video games or movies that lingered on the more subtle ways we other each other.

EDIT: As for impacting gameplay, it's a courtroom deduction game where people are prepared to believe things based on the defendant's (or their defense's) race, class, and gender, so yes, it's not just narrative trim.

I mean, there's definitely subtle racism involved, but the very first case has somebody being pretty directly racist, and a lot of the later cases involve prosecutors talking about, like, "the cowardly spirit of the puling Nipponese" and poo poo

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I feel obligated to chime in about Forspoken as a Black Poster™, been thinking about it all day.

Whenever I read a review like the Polygon Review, it makes me wish that white people would just shut the gently caress up about race. All it reveals to me is that the reviewer thinks that black identity centers around dealing with racism and police brutality, which is a perception so shallow and clueless that it wraps around to being racist AF.

There is something to be said about how Forspoken includes race. Based on what I've read here and elsewhere Forspoken's writers are all white, and the 'diversity' stems from incorporating a black face into a white story. What I want (and I think what everyone would benefit from) are black characters written by black people, including on black culture(s), not black characters written by white people.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Anno posted:

New Mimimi game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1545560/Shadow_Gambit_The_Cursed_Crew

Seems to be sticking to the Shadow Tactics/Desperados genre, but now fantasy pirate stuff.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BykuAlQlSIw

Can't wait to crouch walk everywhere as a voodoo zombie pirate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

AfricanBootyShine posted:

What I want (and I think what everyone would benefit from) are black characters written by black people, including on black culture(s), not black characters written by white people.

Do you know of any games that have this?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ultrafilter posted:

Do you know of any games that have this?

50 Cent: Blood On The Sand

(50 Cent was tangentially involved in the production, so it counts!)

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Mordja posted:

That wouldn't affect Steam's top sellers list I don't think.

It does when the game is delivered in the form of a Steam Key. That still gets processed and counted as a purchase, even though no cash changes hands. It is the same game that labels play where they bundle an album for free with a ticket purchase if they need to tweak the album number due to lower than projected pre-sales. Give the end user a voucher, make them use it on the store, then treat it as a 100% coupon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Darktide40K/status/1617960503233445910

So what's going on here

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Game needs a lot more work

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Tried the Forspoken demo on PC... I have Ryzen 9 7950X and NVIDIA 4090 and with everything cranked up it couldn't maintain steady 60 FPS. :drat: When I turned on DLSS Quality, the FPS was hovering between 90-100 FPS.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

Tried the Forspoken demo on PC... I have Ryzen 9 7950X and NVIDIA 4090 and with everything cranked up it couldn't maintain steady 60 FPS. :drat: When I turned on DLSS Quality, the FPS was hovering between 90-100 FPS.

What res?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They slipped on a banana peel and hit the “release half of game” button instead of the “release entire game” button

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

They slipped on a banana peel and hit the “release half of game” button instead of the “release entire game” button

Haven't they heard about day 1 patches and DLCs

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

A game like that needs a lot of build variety to keep things interesting since the gameplay gets VERY repetitive otherwise.

Darktide is way too limited in that regard. Takes forever to start unlocking abilities for the classes and even when you do they're boring af. Decent gun variety technically but they don't feel different enough to make up for it.

Lots of people annoyed about the MTX stuff too, but I've just ignored that side of things and haven't felt disadvantaged.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

They really shouldn't keep the "Deploy to prod" button right next to their keyboard...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
“vermintide with guns” felt like a slam dunk and apparently the shooting itself is great so I hope they salvage it

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I don't know, 'vermintide with guns' is just left 4 dead again and I think the melee aspect of vermintide is what made it interesting?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

zoux posted:

Haven't they heard about day 1 patches and DLCs

No. But they have heard about premium cosmetics and season passes.

Agent355 posted:

I don't know, 'vermintide with guns' is just left 4 dead again and I think the melee aspect of vermintide is what made it interesting?

There’s still plenty of melee in fact but there’s a lot of more switching between each than Vermintide (outside of certain VT classes).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah yes, the very well known and popular key binding [

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I had Normal buttons (right mouse button) in the demo, I don't get how that even happens.