Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Excelzior posted:

gonna level with you I only got Raiden to stick her into my hyperbloom team, I have never even seen her Burst

No kuki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Can someone explain how Raiden Hyperbloom works? I haven't messed with Dendro at all.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

Can someone explain how Raiden Hyperbloom works? I haven't messed with Dendro at all.

Ignore Burst, ignore Attack%/Electro%/Crit, stack EM and use Skill only. A dendro and a hydro apply to enemies to create the Bloom Cores, Raiden's Skill hits all the cores to turn them into comically overpowered homing missiles. Extremely effective against both non-Dendro immune mobs and bosses, which are most enemies in the game.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

MajorBonnet posted:

I have to admit I'm pretty invested in this Supreme Hookshot line of commissions. Will Kayvan ever catch a fish or just come to terms with the fact that he can't?

Very minor context-free spoilers: I recently had a normal quest appear in my quest log that was not a daily quest and it was related to Kayvan. Not sure the specifics of how I got it. Completing it was pretty funny though.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I've been in Liyue commissions since 3.3 started trying to get the Unseen Razor follow-up.

blergh

at least i got the cheevos for the other Liyue rng commissions

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Am I supposed to think Kayvan and woman will date?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mordiceius posted:

do a bloom reaction to spawn seeds, hit seeds with electro, huge damage comes out
raiden just provides a 1 button permanent-uptime zappy aura that's guaranteed to pop all your seeds and do it fast

importantly, internal cooldowns for reactions only apply to hitting the same target multiple times, so even though the ICD on raiden's zappy eye means it only applies electro once every 3 hits to a single target like a boss, all 3 of those hits can pop dendro cores

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

Am I supposed to think Kayvan and woman will date?

In the end, his biggest catch is a wife.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
How does weapon enhancement work? I don't know whether to enhance a weapon with the Lv. 1 weapons from the "Auto Add" option or to use Enhancement Ores instead. I also can't tell if the "Enhancement Materials Consumed (0/20)" means I can use 20 items at a time to upgrade the weapon indefinitely, or if the weapon can only have 20 items used to enhance it, ever. Thanks for any clarification, I'm pretty lost haha

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Note Block posted:

Very minor context-free spoilers: I recently had a normal quest appear in my quest log that was not a daily quest and it was related to Kayvan. Not sure the specifics of how I got it. Completing it was pretty funny though.

I think you just have to do all of the variations of Kayvan's Commission, at least that is how it works for other commissions that unlock a world quest.

At least the not bugged ones.

Peteyfoot posted:

How does weapon enhancement work? I don't know whether to enhance a weapon with the Lv. 1 weapons from the "Auto Add" option or to use Enhancement Ores instead. I also can't tell if the "Enhancement Materials Consumed (0/20)" means I can use 20 items at a time to upgrade the weapon indefinitely, or if the weapon can only have 20 items used to enhance it, ever. Thanks for any clarification, I'm pretty lost haha

There are just 20 slots to add material at once, useful when you hit auto add to mulch weapons.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Peteyfoot posted:

The 20 items limit is just a dumb ui thing, so if you have 100 useless 1-star weapons you want to use as fuel it'll take 5 clicks since each click only eats 20 of them.
There's no reason to ever use 1* or 2* weapons as soon as you have a 3* one (and you'll get loads of 3*s just from exploring and opening chests), so they basically only exist to be used as enhancement fodder. Weapons give a really low amount of exp though so enhancement crystals are still gonna be your main source of level ups.

However i would advise keeping 1 fully refined copy of each 3* weapon locked (so it doesn't get eaten by the auto-add button), since they have unique passives which can sometimes be useful even after you have a bunch of 4-stars. And again, weapons give almost no exp so you get a really low benefit for mulching 3*s instead of saving them.

Weapon crystals are pretty plentiful and you can always go mine more so just go ahead and max any weapon you're using, you don't need to save them for later.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Peteyfoot posted:

Weapons and ores both give xp when used in enhancing weapons, but in different amounts depending on quality

small crystals (1 star) are 400 xp a piece
medium (2 star) are 2,000
large (3 star) are 10,000

and for weapons :

1 star weapon 600
2 are 1,200
3 star is 1,800
4 star is 50,000
5 star is 300,000 - DO NOT CONSUME 5 STAR WEAPONS IT IS NEVER WORTH IT

But, weapons also give more exp depending on how high of a level they themselves were - letting you retain 80% of the experience that had been sunk into the older weapon.

You can use 20 of any type of item at a time, but you can repeat this process infinitely until your weapon is at its cap. Crystals count as a single type per quality, no matter how many of those crystals you put in at once.

If you put in more experience than needed to reach that cap, the game will try to convert the excess experience into crystals, but it will round off (so youll always lose out a tiny bit of xp).

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Does anyone actually ever use the magic crystal chunks to make mystic enhancements? It seems like a really bad use of resin

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Does anyone actually ever use the magic crystal chunks to make mystic enhancements? It seems like a really bad use of resin

It is a bad use of resin, but if your resin is capped and you don't want to play, it's an option. the best ue of mystic crystal ore is turning them into wood in your teapot. The second best use is feeding them to the parametric transformer... thought mint is a better material.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It is a bad use of resin, but if your resin is capped and you don't want to play, it's an option. the best ue of mystic crystal ore is turning them into wood in your teapot. The second best use is feeding them to the parametric transformer... thought mint is a better material.

since 3.0 Ive been feeding it the stupid transformed spores from tri-lakshana creatures :shrug:

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Thanks for the informative posts regarding weapon enhancement!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The couple times I've had bad illnesses I'd basically hop on do some dailies and burn all my resin on those ore before passing out again. It also gives friendship xp

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
they are the worst use of resin in the game but also only 1 click
so it's a decent resin sink if you don't feel like doing any actual gameplay but still have enough of a case of the GAAS daily-chores-brains that you don't want to "waste" your daily resin by overcapping

efb

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The best use of magical crystal chunks is turning them into wood. I had 9200 and am down to 8500.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i would absolutely run a domain / ley line objective for weapon XP mats but the magic crystals aren't play time- or resin-efficient enough to be that in practice

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll mention that I do the ore expeditions every day as much as I can. They're a good rate in terms of resin efficiency (5k gold is 1/12 of 20 resin, 8 chunks is 1/6 of 20 resin). And they also count towards the mining daily for some reason. For the first year of the game I actually mined ore manually but that's a bit of poopsocking I'm no longer willing to do.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How does everyone burn their weapon ore? I'm always capping out, since I pretty much have all the weapons I want at 90 maxed. It gets annoying hitting the cap every now and then during events or from the BP. I dump exp into unique weapons I'm not using, but I don't go out of my way to farm ascension mats. Even still, I'll eventually get to the point where I'm out of weapons to level unless I want to level duplicates or trash.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

that's the thing with weapons - you only level the "good ones" once and then they can be used on any team comp you want. So there's a big glut at AR45-50 where you want to "finish" your first team and you have 4 weapons to cap and youre continuously out of mats and oh god how will I ever get it done

and..there's..nothing ever again?

it's weird.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The crystal ore+resin thing is inefficient as hell but it's also the only way to get past the daily limit on how much you can refine (which I'm pretty sure is 30 large crystals?). Nothing else can get past that limit if you don't have any quests/battlepass/etc pending.

If you have a new 5* weapon or something you want to level up ASAP and don't have a big stockpile then converting crystal ore is the only way to not have it take two+ weeks. It's a very niche use but it's still a use. Realistically though... yeah it's a way to dump resin without having to actually play for 20 minutes. :shrug:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I have 64 level 90 weapons. Idk how you get by with less, I need all four of these favonious lances.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've run out of the 3* ores sometimes even with leveling event weapons during their release. Part of it is having 5* weapons and being lazy to convert my ore, but I've got duplicates of weapons raised/worth raising and the idea of lots of different weapons having potential use means there's always something I could work on....if I farmed the accession materials anyway

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I'll mention that I do the ore expeditions every day as much as I can. They're a good rate in terms of resin efficiency (5k gold is 1/12 of 20 resin, 8 chunks is 1/6 of 20 resin). And they also count towards the mining daily for some reason. For the first year of the game I actually mined ore manually but that's a bit of poopsocking I'm no longer willing to do.

I stopped when I hit 9999 ore and it wouldn't let me cash in event rewards.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Make more parry characters, just don't make them suck. The enemies in this game mostly have really clear patterns so reacting to those is fun. Give us a 5* that does that and the damage is insane.

My problem with them is the CD is too long, and Sacrificial weapons only proc so often. I with the made an artifact set that was “reset your skill cooldown when you perform a perfect parry.”

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There are way too many useful gadgets in this game and there needs to be an easier and quicker way to swap between them

I'm also discovering gadgets I completely forgot I had because of how little I like to mess with the gadget menu (a thing that just magically summons all the wood from all the trees near you on push, for example)

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

There are way too many useful gadgets in this game and there needs to be an easier and quicker way to swap between them

I'm also discovering gadgets I completely forgot I had because of how little I like to mess with the gadget menu (a thing that just magically summons all the wood from all the trees near you on push, for example)

Being able to quickly switch between that one, the Seed box, and the Flying feather would be heaven.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tbh the seed box really ought to just be be a permanent thing once you unlock it. at most something you trigger on and off if you dont want free seeds because Reasons

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Alhaitham trip report: Holy poo poo this is a lot of damage. He's level 80, doesn't have his last ascension, using the only Gilded pieces I have (bad), talents are at rank 6 because I haven't unlocked that weekly boss yet, using an r5 Harbinger of Dawn, fairly chonky ZL, crappy Yae, and absolutely garbage deepwood-holding level 60 Nahida. And just destroying stuff. I love it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

MadHat posted:

Being able to quickly switch between that one, the Seed box, and the Flying feather would be heaven.

Tower of fantasy does this by giving you two gadget buttons and a third button that cycles to different sets. I really wish theyd just steal that setup. It’d be convenient having the feather and the anemo boost gadget as one set, the NRE and teapot on the second, etc.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Excelzior posted:

tbh the seed box really ought to just be be a permanent thing once you unlock it. at most something you trigger on and off if you dont want free seeds because Reasons
Only if they get rid of the "you cannot carry more Sweet Flower seed" messages.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

genuinely asking out of ignorance, what does kuki have over em raiden? is it just healing? my raiden’s completely built and kuki isn’t, please don’t tell me she’s more optimal for haitham hyperbloom

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Raiden is slightly more optimal because her skill hits more frequently
enemies can weirdly only take damage from 2 hyperbloom seeds at a time so if you can stack up 3+ in between kuki skill ticks you leave damage on the table.

But the main difference is just that Raiden is set-and-forget with longer range vs Kuki's skill bringing heals but being shorter range and needing to re-upped more often.

If you already do have kuki there's no real need to roll raiden just for hyperbloom, although now you can potentially use alhaitham as a driver and run two hyperbloom teams at once!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MNSNTZR posted:

genuinely asking out of ignorance, what does kuki have over em raiden? is it just healing? my raiden’s completely built and kuki isn’t, please don’t tell me she’s more optimal for haitham hyperbloom
If you dont want healing they're pretty similar. In terms of built they'll use the same artifacts and can both be talent level 1, but you really want your hyperbloom triggerer to be near level 90 cause hyperbloom damage scales with levels a stupid amount (40% dps increase going from 80 to 90).

I don't like swapping gear on characters so I just keep raiden on her normal build and use kuki for HB.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really hate how much this game makes my ADHD run rampant. I can't ever focus on a single task for more than 10 minutes because there are 50 other things I want to do at any given time and I have fun doing all of them.

I'm farming amethyst lumps for Sucrose's catalyst.
I'm farming fish for Xiangling's spear.
I'm farming Electroculus for Inazuma statue completion.
I'm farming Electro Sigils for the Sacred Sakura so I can actually get all of the Electroculus.
I'm finishing Inazuma questlines that make the islands not hellscapes.
I'm trying to figure out team comps that are fun so I can eventually delve deeper into the abyss.
I'm working on collecting all of the Genius Invokation cards.
I'm working on doing some of the character questlines because I've only done a handful and have like 10 in my quest log.
I'm farming 100 other different materials that I need to level/ascend characters and weapons.
I haven't even started farming artifacts for any of my characters.

I haven't even touched Sumaru other than run in and grab all the Statues for the map.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Incoherence posted:

Only if they get rid of the "you cannot carry more Sweet Flower seed" messages.

I assume that's why they don't just have it on, they could not possibly come up with a way to notify you of this which is not obnoxious.

Kinda like how if you want to see if that locked artifact you have laying around is actually any good or if you can mulch it, the "HEY THIS IS LOCKED DID YOU KNOW IT'S LOCKED" message covers half the stats.

Hell, even in the stupid weasel-watching comission, the instructions are very much in the way of the goddamn weasels. Only the "hey, maintenance is in 20 minutes" notifcation is actually good, everything else is just in the goddamn way.

Unrelated to bad design decisions, I have heard zhongli die for the first time in ages, because a cutscene happened before I could open my wings to glide down from the cliff I was on. Didn't see him die, of course; there was a cutscene happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

No Wave posted:

I have 64 level 90 weapons. Idk how you get by with less, I need all four of these favonious lances.

I have one