Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

parasyte posted:

That's what locker slots are for, you can save a cosmetic loadout, banners music emotes wraps and everything. Then enable shuffle and it'll random on anything you have saved in the locker.

Unless you mean that you could save a loadout including what's marked favorite so a frozen skin picks from some random favorited icy blue wraps/pickaxes but a sports skin picks sports stuff only. In which case I want that too.

I mean the latter. I have too many saved in my locker and just want to cycle through a few some nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
My wife and I got the 250 health/shields from Augments weekly earlier by getting the Jellyfish augment and fishing right by the circle so we could take damage, heal off the jellyfish, rinse and repeat.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
For anyone wondering what playing on The Potato looks like compared to a ray-traced PS5/XSeX/PC at 4k60:

https://youtu.be/t2SVl_A-6I8

:feelsgood:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 21, 2023

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The perk that gives you a treasure map is fun as hell.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How does that activate? I got it last night and then didn’t see anything different?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

You equip the map that spawns and hold down the trigger to see an arrow that leads you to an x. Once you find it you can use your mining tool to dig up a chest that has good poo poo.

Both times I got the perk the chest had healing items and two legendary guns so it’s definitely better than the other perks that spawn weapons (assuming you’re not in an active fight).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well there’s my problem, I chose it while moving and I don’t think I even saw the map spawn and just left it on the ground lol

I didn’t know it was an inventory item.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Well there’s my problem, I chose it while moving and I don’t think I even saw the map spawn and just left it on the ground lol

I didn’t know it was an inventory item.

I literally did this last night the first time I selected it in a game with Hootington :downsgun:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yeah thebpeely treasure Map is very good. I'd put it on par with the tactical reserve.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

There’s something magical about joining a squad of randoms, two pairs fighting over where to land, and then somehow winning despite not meeting up with the other pair till the very end of the match. I think our squad had 26 eliminations by the end of the match.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I haven't done squad fills for a couple of seasons but there was always something magical when three of you would land in one spot and the fourth would land clear across the map, then seven minutes later they'd drive up to you in a flaming car with 10 health, a stack of gold weapons, and 12 kills.

I mean they end up dying 10 seconds after landing much more often, but still

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm always jealous of squads that coordinate their skins. The other night I got taken down by a squad of four Xenomorphs.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Keleritas (not my art) Such a fun skin.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

DrManiac posted:

The perk that gives you a treasure map is fun as hell.
Getting it while playing squads kicks rear end, especially if you need to drive cross-map to get the treasure. Can’t drive and look at the map simultaneously, so the mapholder has to navigate for you from the passenger seat - had a match earlier where we took a taxi off-road to find a chest and it turned out like

https://youtu.be/D9-voINFkCg

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is here
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1617670302363963393?t=tKGLFK9rH8D6Sj91jX_psQ&s=19

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I'm always jealous of squads that coordinate their skins. The other night I got taken down by a squad of four Xenomorphs.

I got absolutely destroyed by a group of the other type of aliens.

Then I saw a group of dudes walking across the map. I think they were all doing the imperial march together. I went in the other direction because you know those guys were teamed up and talking together and would have destroyed me the second I started shooting at them.

I got bored so I've started playing games with my friends. The other day we did a no eliminations match. No elims by us, no elims of us. actually pretty fun to be honest. We got second place, but the first place team actually had their poo poo together. Tonight is mr president night (we dress up in suits, try to protect a random teammate from dying, we can only use pistols). I think were gonna do a 1 building game (you can only loot one building) night later this week.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Mister Facetious posted:

For anyone wondering what playing on The Potato looks like compared to a ray-traced PS5/XSeX/PC at 4k60:

https://youtu.be/t2SVl_A-6I8

:feelsgood:

The switch version looks real bad but it seems to run ok. I wonder if it makes the opponents easier to spot? Less visual noise.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

You’re god damned right he is

https://twitter.com/shampychang/status/1617691320687935494?s=46&t=VPgvH1q2zKAdcnEb-7lV5g

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Overbite posted:

The switch version looks real bad but it seems to run ok. I wonder if it makes the opponents easier to spot? Less visual noise.

It ran worse before the Unreal 5.1 update. It's night and day different with the new chapter. I play on a 55" and I find I can spot people pretty easily, but that might be just because I've been playing CoD for forever. The real problem is the very narrow, unadjustable FOV, and framedrops when poo poo gets intense up close.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/l0u13/status/1617694255488831488?s=46&t=cMZP9BfnGkToTXbkfoq4qA

Worth it

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Argh I want this dance to come back so bad

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IG-88 posted:

Argh I want this dance to come back so bad

Honestly it’s one of my favorites. It’s animated so drat well.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I wish Isaac came with like a chunk of the Ishamura that he would surf down on and a field of debris that would be his falling animation.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I wish one of his backpacks was one of the pet types. No, I don’t know what pet or why exactly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Something about the way fortnite does their character models makes the dudes who are huge and badass (Thanos, Master Chief, Doomguy) look like they are getting *so into it* in the dances. It’s amazing.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Mister Facetious posted:

It ran worse before the Unreal 5.1 update. It's night and day different with the new chapter. I play on a 55" and I find I can spot people pretty easily, but that might be just because I've been playing CoD for forever. The real problem is the very narrow, unadjustable FOV, and framedrops when poo poo gets intense up close.

If you're willing to mess with your game settings ini, you can pull lods lower to get a little more more fps.

or if you're like me last year you'll swing it the other way and force lumen on before it was ready:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e49OH4Sto

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Oh drat I want those glider wings. I’ve got the all red Gundam looking wings but I want more color variations so I can use them across more skins.

IG-88 posted:

I wish one of his backpacks was one of the pet types. No, I don’t know what pet or why exactly.
It should be one of those baby Necromorphs

dorium fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 24, 2023

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lemon King posted:

If you're willing to mess with your game settings ini, you can pull lods lower to get a little more more fps.

or if you're like me last year you'll swing it the other way and force lumen on before it was ready:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e49OH4Sto

Dude, I'm playing on a Nintendo Switch. :v:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Mister Facetious posted:

Dude, I'm playing on a Nintendo Switch. :v:

Oh, I thought you were on a potato pc. D:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lemon King posted:

Oh, I thought you were on a potato pc. D:

Different species of potato :v:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sandwolf posted:

Something about the way fortnite does their character models makes the dudes who are huge and badass (Thanos, Master Chief, Doomguy) look like they are getting *so into it* in the dances. It’s amazing.

Strong agree. The only skin I’ve bought from the shop so far was Cable, and half the fun of playing him is doing a cutesy jpop dance pre- and post-match

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Man DLSS makes makes max Lumen look smooth.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Strong agree. The only skin I’ve bought from the shop so far was Cable, and half the fun of playing him is doing a cutesy jpop dance pre- and post-match

I swear, Cable looks like he's sucking in his gut

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
New weekly: Finish anything but first.

Failed that on my first try.

Super fun match, though. I managed 5 eliminations with Deku Smash including a double where they were fighting each other and ignored my charge up.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqgKb87vk4

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol that's great

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sandwolf posted:

One of my favs is Robocop. Since all the characters that have mouths have them rigged up, so many dances make him look so happy. It's amazing and also cursed as hell.

Twibbit posted:

Man DLSS makes makes max Lumen look smooth.

gently caress i forgot dlss is back in i gotta turn that on

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
These weekly quests feel like a "if you need to catch up on levels" kind of thing. I just have a few tiers of throw stuff and lose matches left after playing for just an hour. But it's nice that they're so simple lately.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

God bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I can never tell when something is a Fortnite character or an actual person. I’m talking about you Laroi!