Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CC_StormWatch/status/1617980851027087361

Seems it's on the east side of the city, hitting Baytown and Deer Park rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Man tornados never hit in Harris county, just in our media market.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Dameius posted:

Man tornados never hit in Harris county, just in our media market.

Harris County is the #2 most tornado-prone county in the US.

https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/most-tornado-prone-us-counties

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Oil! posted:

Harris County is the #2 most tornado-prone county in the US.

https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/most-tornado-prone-us-counties

Man tornadoes never hit in Houston proper, just in our media market*.

*not counting hurricane spawned naders.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Where in the gently caress are people getting bulgogi in Austin?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

George H.W. oval office posted:

Probably in the Dz district, if I had to guess

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

North Lamar area near Airport maybe? Or North Lamar out where that awesome Asian Grocery store is.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

A hundred food trucks serving bulgogi / kimchi fries

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
Austin Bulgogi is all over the place.

That storm that rolled into Houston today was bonkers...I'm in a heavily urbanized area and I could barely make out details on the building across the street (~40m). Our street was flooded enough that people started piling up in our parking lot; which surprisingly subsided like 5 minutes after that poo poo passed.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah my backyard was flooded and the street was flooded over the curb but it all drained away really quick after the rain stopped. Had to rescue my recycle bin out of the middle of the street.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My street never flooded so I didn't think much of it but apparently it knocked a tree over just half a block away. So there's that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BriscoeCain/status/1618256074477568001

You hate to see it

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

This is NC erasure.

good, Lexington-style barbecue deserves to be erased

(and if someone could let me know which loving bbq joints in San Antonio have actually good beef bbq instead of yelp/instagram "good", i'd appreciate it, because I've been living here almost a decade, had a whole lot of lovely brisket, and decided that the only surefire way to get good beef is to leave town on I-35 or I-10)

e: don't you dare try and tell me "Two Bros. BBQ" is good, the local food press has been fawning over every Dady brothers restaurant and trying to tell me for years that it's good, and I'm here to tell you that brisket is always Lincoln Riley-dry

Blotto_Otter fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 25, 2023

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

God gives His hardest challenges to His strongest warriors.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

poemdexter posted:

God gives His hardest challenges to His strongest warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW4hQKHIL_8

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

People are all thanking god that no one died. Who do you think sent the loving tornado

BTW I've seen an f5 tornado in person and I was 11 and I wasn't half as awestruck as these people are talking about one. I was insanely cool for an 11 year old tho...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A shame it missed.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

zoux posted:

People are all thanking god that no one died. Who do you think sent the loving tornado

BTW I've seen an f5 tornado in person and I was 11 and I wasn't half as awestruck as these people are talking about one. I was insanely cool for an 11 year old tho...

And that's why you weren't put in the movie. Complete inability to put over the scariness of the tornado that was gonna come up in the final act.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

And that's why you weren't put in the movie. Complete inability to put over the scariness of the tornado that was gonna come up in the final act.

Probably messed up the line about the cow, too.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kids these days watchin they tiktoks on they phones instead of looking at the f5

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There have been like 60 F5s they aren't that rare. There have been fewer perfect games in 150 years of MLB, which is an event to which the actors in the above clip would be showing an appropriate amount of awe over.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god doesn't even let tornadoes try for an f5 anymore. the analytics tell him to pull and rotate them out no matter how destructive they are at the time

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well now that they got the Enhanced Fujita we can accurately record things like destruction above replacement tornado (dART) and so it turns out that a lot of those old tornadoes weren't actually as good as we thought while others provide more destructive value than history has given them credit for. Yeah it looks impressive to tear down a bunch of silos in a field but that's not putting bodies in graves, which is ultimately what matters.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jiro posted:

A shame it missed.

:f5:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/lxeagle17/status/1618305844709560321

Lol they actually are doing pWAR

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

zoux posted:

Well now that they got the Enhanced Fujita

Beef or chicken

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

zoux posted:

Well now that they got the Enhanced Fujita we can accurately record things like destruction above replacement tornado (dART) and so it turns out that a lot of those old tornadoes weren't actually as good as we thought while others provide more destructive value than history has given them credit for. Yeah it looks impressive to tear down a bunch of silos in a field but that's not putting bodies in graves, which is ultimately what matters.

Sat here for two minutes trying to think of a joke about a small ball tornado vs a three main outcomes tornado but I've got nothing.

I need dart+ which normalizes for what state the tornado took place in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Texas and Oklahoma have massive park effects

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pretty low ruins battered in, tbh

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Everything, including tornados, should use the official USA standardized scale utilized by every other major event which is corpses per minute.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
All the stats are bullshit because none of them properly account for exploding meth labs and distributing their contents across the width of the tornado. This is why Arkansas always under performs in these charts.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Dameius posted:

All the stats are bullshit because none of them properly account for exploding meth labs and distributing their contents across the width of the tornado. This is why Arkansas always under performs in these charts.

Oh man, for a second I thought you were talking about the BBQ ranking thing and was very confused.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mastajake posted:

Oh man, for a second I thought you were talking about the BBQ ranking thing and was very confused.

if they had a queso category, arkansas would have swept

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

i say swears online posted:

if they had a queso category, arkansas would have swept

Why do you say such horrible things?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lupe Tortilla probably makes better queso than whatever is in your area.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zil posted:

Why do you say such horrible things?

what can i say? it just tastes more authentic where it was invented

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nonsense posted:

Lupe Tortilla probably makes better queso than whatever is in your area.

My basic bitch may be showing, but I LOVE Lupe tortilleria

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

i say swears online posted:

what can i say? it just tastes more authentic where it was invented

Please don't get this started again. Incoming derail ahead..

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

drunk mutt posted:

Please don't get this started again. Incoming derail ahead..

I put beans in my queso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So you make nachos