Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Salean posted:

I believe every post. No matter what it says.

im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I think we need to reopen qcs, some of you are starved for drama.

im not trying to be a dick in a mean way, i am just sharing my genuine feedback that the style of posting you do here sometimes where you selectively get extremely weird about sources can be extremely annoying. ill drop it now

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
500 pages of posts have been successfully donated to ukraine thank you free world for saving democracy against the russian orc-fascist alliance!

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

500 pages of posts have been successfully donated to ukraine thank you free world for saving democracy against the russian orc-fascist alliance!

o7

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Admittedly, it is very possible for the US to have used diplomatic pressure on Morocco (it wouldn't be the first time) and the US probably still paid for the tanks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was rooting around some old things and I found a transistor radio. I put some new batteries into it and it still worked. I hadn't listened to radio in a long time so I googled around what stations are still broadcasting and I tuned the radio over to one that played nothing but classical music.

I was idly wondering how the heck did they survive for all this time... and then they cut to a news break that was run by Voice of America and their first story was the announcement of Leopard and Abrams tanks being allegedly approved for transfer to Ukraine. Turns out the station is run from San Francisco and has ties to evangelical Christian movements in South Korea.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
holding morrocans up by their ankles and shaking them until t-72s fall out

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

im not trying to be a dick in a mean way, i am just sharing my genuine feedback that the style of posting you do here sometimes where you selectively get extremely weird about sources can be extremely annoying. ill drop it now

Right, and I’m saying that happens extremely rarely, and when it does happen, that’s the price you pay for me using my buttons more rarely than pretty much every other mod in cspam. I like to ask nicely. That’s the way I like to mod. If you don’t like that tradeoff, well, I’m sorry. That’s the way I’ve chosen to mod this thread.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Why are people mad again? that someone brought information to correct a speculative post? how is this an issue?

Because it messes with the narrative in their head that they think is the unvarnished truth.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1618137868148285441

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
morroco gets like all its weapons from the U.S. so this is called a 'no poo poo' deal for some old pieces of crap lol

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

haha why? but really why? I'm not looking forward to it but what could possibly make it take years aside from drawing the war out as long as possible

Are they targeting roads in Ohio?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Imho the glorious republic of Algeria's time has come and there's no better time to strike at the suddenly tank-less Moroccan oppressor than now.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Seatbelts posted:

haha why? but really why? I'm not looking forward to it but what could possibly make it take years aside from drawing the war out as long as possible

A lot of it is also that there are a bunch of foreign customers (like Poland) ordering M1s right now, and also I just don't think the US really wants these tanks on the battlefield in Ukraine. Also, they "offered" the tanks to undercut the Germans, who are now going to be forced to at least send a couple more tanks. That said, we are still talking about relatively small quanities considering the scale of the war.

I think more of the story it is showing a real lack of coordination among NATO members, many of them seem to really just give in the minimum for this thing at this point.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this war is...bad

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Seatbelts posted:

A lot of the speculation that I've seen is that it's more about calling Germany's bluff and saying "okay, we promise to send the Abrams tanks, now you have to send the Leopard tanks." It's stupid. This war is very stupid, as is the broader proxy war and really all of geopolitics.

fake edit: beaten by Ardennes, but yeah, it's stupid.

yellowcar posted:

it's either the shitposting thread or it isn't

It's still a shitposting thread, I just want to be sure that we're shitposting and not believing in the crazy obviously false poo poo we post when we do post that stuff. That's why I singled out Danann in asking them to curate their posts a bit better - I'm not convinced that Danann doesn't believe some or all of what they post at this point.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 09:36 on Jan 25, 2023

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

american infallibility is the real gulf war syndrome if you think about it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

yellowcar posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

yellowcar posted:

If only it were so young.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

Right, and I’m saying that happens extremely rarely, and when it does happen, that’s the price you pay for me using my buttons more rarely than pretty much every other mod in cspam. I like to ask nicely. That’s the way I like to mod. If you don’t like that tradeoff, well, I’m sorry. That’s the way I’ve chosen to mod this thread.

*raises paw*

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

*raises paw*

Yeah, you made a really stupid post and got banned for it. Don't do it again, idiot.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I didn’t read the last 120 posts since tank chat, what’s going on?

or more importantly, what’s everyone’s favourite tank?

mine is the Valentine :^)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Endman posted:

Aesthetically speaking T-90M or the IS-3, depending on the era are pretty good, but they aren't the Starship.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Endman posted:

Object 911, no question.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

big if true

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My favorite tank is the m109 armoured howitzer as it would've easily won WW1 if given to any of the western powers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted:

what’s everyone’s favourite tank?

I'm rather partial to the M3 Lee because I watched the 1995 film "Sahara" starring Jim Belushi over and over on HBO.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

yellowcar posted:

it's either the shitposting thread or it isn't

don't assign people homework and complain about "weasel words" like some wikipedia editor

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I don't really know enough about tanks to have a favorite tbh

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Seatbelts posted:

In the interest of helping Ukraine the US will make a redesign of the power pack and other high maintenance parts to be interchangeable with Leo 2. Build it, ship it in homeopathic quantities after the conflict is over and then hog all the service contracts for Leo 2.

:911:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gotta uphold cspam’s sterling reputation

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zodium posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

gotta uphold cspam’s sterling reputation

I think cspammers need to be protected from uncritically posted tweets. this is why majorian is a mod

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Zodium posted:

You can just go on vibes, that’s why I like the Valentine, which all things considered is terrible at the role it was designed for

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:hmmyes:

Endman
May 18, 2010

:eyepop:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zodium posted:

I think cspammers need to be protected from uncritically posted tweets. this is why majorian is a mod

it was funny imo when I took this tweet literally and couldn’t read the rest of the article due to the paywall and declared Wagner isn’t real
https://twitter.com/foreignpolicy/status/1416548300120072193

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Someone splice this with Pelosi jugs. Yes I’ve recently taken sleep meds why do you ask?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

it was funny imo when I took this tweet literally and couldn’t read the rest of the article due to the paywall and declared Wagner isn’t real
https://twitter.com/foreignpolicy/status/1416548300120072193

https://12ft.io
See? Aren’t you glad I’m here to protect you from misinformation?:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

YEARS.

Good thing Germany is right over there though! Wow that's so lucky!