Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Only Kindness posted:

WeWorkers, don't be a big ol' square and read a book, watch WeCrashed instead. It's on AppleTV+. Don't :filez: it though, because THAT'S ILLEGAL and I would not want you to get into trouble.

In other news, looks like that cartoon guy that you like has got himself into a bit of a pickle.
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/1618009508420386817

Paraphrasing someone on Reddit with a fairly decent take on things, but they don't charge you with felony domestic violence for a spat that turns violent. The bulk of DV cases are tried as misdemeanors which carry an upper limit of one year in the county pokey. The key difference is how detectable and traumatic the injuries are, and considering the prosecution is pursuing felony charges against a highly visible person with access to excellent legal counsel, they probably have some serious (and extravagant) evidence on hand. The California legal code (the state where he lives) places special emphasis on injuries born from strangulation, so take from that what you will. Roiland is looking at up to five years in federal prison for this.

He's also up for false imprisonment, which in Cali could add another two years to the docket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

TBH I was disappointed we didn't get more Dig A Pony. Beatles Rock Band is probably what made me really appreciate a lot of Let It Be tracks like that one and I Me Mine.

Beatles Rock Band was really great.

I dug that out a year ago and was delighted to find there's a tiny fan community on a mission to put every Beatles song in the game - with visuals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XEkYybly4

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I dug that out a year ago and was delighted to find there's a tiny fan community on a mission to put every Beatles song in the game - with visuals

Thumbnail looks like Harry Potter cumming .

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Dead Goon posted:

Waiting for Bad Taste Trilogy.

Bad Taste 2/3 to be filmed simultaneously with all effects by weta workshop and 200m budget.

P Jackson getting a personal trainer, and dropping body fat to 15% in order that Derek be absolutely loving shredded.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Necrothatcher posted:

wow. This rules. Because I loved the full album DLC, it made me love the Abbey Road medley, & grew my appreciation for Rubber Soul greatly. Plus I loved getting to do the full Within You Without You rather than just the remix/mashup. I would've absolutely bought Revolver

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 25, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Awful woman on radio 2 just then.

Rang in to comment on raising the state pension age to say how she had retired early, doesn't even take the state pension yet and how it was all very lovely for her.

But also decided to chuck in that the government should increase the age at which you can claim free prescriptions.

Had a double barreled surname.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sanford posted:

I took a 20% paycut post-covid when I accepted a job that’s full time from home rather than one with a fifteen mile commute, and office based. By far and away the best decision I’ve ever made, probably the most significant quality of life increase I’ve ever had. Would not go back to office work now for twice that salary difference.

I passed probation at my job literally a month after lockdown, at which point the company had previously had an option to give you a loan to buy a Tube season ticket. A Zone 1-4 yearly season ticket for the tube is £2,208 - after tax, so being able to skip that was actually equivalent to a bit over £3,000 pay rise. The timing worked out pretty well, really.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Tories lack empathy, news at 11!!

My favourite one is still the MP who repeatedly and enthusiastically voted for cuts to legal aid, and then ended up being taken through court and amassing massive legal bills, and then becoming a passionate campaigner for... increasing legal aid funding.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ "It doesn't affect me so I don't give a poo poo."

*affects me*

"Oh poo poo, oh gently caress."

I'm sure the heating crisis would be sorted in a week if those cunts had to pay their own bills instead of claiming it on expenses.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I want silence when I'm working and resented being driven to buying and using noise cancelling earphones when I worked in an office. I didn't want to be listening to music. The absolute worst thing was when some oval office used to put the loving radio on.
I'm fine with music, but anything vocal or spoken and my brain just cannot focus. I have discovered I cannot multitask, and by that I don't mean I'm bad at it, I mean I cannot focus on two things at the same time, and I absolutely cannot filter out background noise, so I end up focusing purely on the radio.

Might be an autism thing, might be a dyspraxia thing, might just be a me thing. Music is fine, music is just vibes. Lyrics no.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That's what gets me about these spyware 'productivity' apps some employers are installing - seem to be of the belief that work only happens if your mouse is moving in a document.
Ah, hence the massive upswing in 'mouse jigglers' being sold on amazon.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 25, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Awful woman on radio 2 just then.

Rang in to comment on raising the state pension age to say how she had retired early, doesn't even take the state pension yet and how it was all very lovely for her.

But also decided to chuck in that the government should increase the age at which you can claim free prescriptions.

Had a double barreled surname.

Why did she call in if it wasn't relevant to her

(I know why, she's probably a lonely old cow with nothing better to do)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Microplastics posted:

Why did she call in if it wasn't relevant to her

Are you unfamiliar with UK radio phone ins?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

By quirk of fate (someone drove into my car) I drove my first new and modern car today.

Are they all so... floaty? Feels like I'm driving a cloud, from another room. Very disconcerting, cannot feel the violent struggle for dominance between the road, the engine, the brakes, and the steering. I hope it's just an unreasonably new car thing and not a thing every car in the future will have.

Also it has a self driving mode which is absolutely loving terrifying and tried to kill me.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Might be an autism thing, might be a dyspraxia thing, might just be a me thing. Music is fine, music is just vibes. Lyrics no.

Ah, hence the massive upswing in 'mouse jigglers' being sold on amazon.

I'm exactly the same, hence music for working is either techno, or classical. Likewise I struggle to read anything significant if I can hear any talking.

Also I've used a USB mouse jiggler for ages now just to keep my work laptop screen on. It times out after 5 minutes and requires a password which can be a real pain.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

By quirk of fate (someone drove into my car) I drove my first new and modern car today.

Are they all so... floaty? Feels like I'm driving a cloud, from another room. Very disconcerting, cannot feel the violent struggle for dominance between the road, the engine, the brakes, and the steering. I hope it's just an unreasonably new car thing and not a thing every car in the future will have.

Also it has a self driving mode which is absolutely loving terrifying and tried to kill me.

I remember using power steering for the first time and it being like this.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Tryouts have begun for the new Olympic sport of Synchronised Stretching.

https://giant.gfycat.com/DearestUniqueHuia.webm

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ThomasWillett9/status/1617595340353306629?s=19

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Oh. Here we go

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1618237054164533248?s=46&t=EvEk6gshdCk-f1to7osQuQ

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

OwlFancier posted:

Yep some more than others, had a Vauxhall loaner that felt unnervingly floaty. I guess it's to do with getting more fly by wire, and especially if they have active suspension. You can sometimes dial those sort of things down though, it might be there buried in the settings

Good loving lord. Imindanger.gif. I mean I know they never listen to the poll website but that's still a lovely number of signatures

Isomermaid fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 25, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Part of the problem with this is the splitter effect - there's one petition to have all LGBT+ content removed and it did the rounds first, but the counter petitions are disorganised and overlapping - one i've seen is pulling LGB alliance poo poo and asking for LGB to be kept but not T etc, others are duplicates that mean the overall response will seem lower.

It's loving horrible to see, and the comments are full of 'well meaning' 60 year olds asking why kids need to know about "this stuff."

I saw this counter petition but it sort of seems like it's only about primary schools?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631529

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Angepain posted:

Might be confusing you with someone else but I vaguely remember you having an obnoxious boss who refused to acknowledge the existence of covid restrictions when things started kicking off back in 2020, good to hear you have escaped

Haha yes that’s him, in my last ever board meeting (where everyone but him was advocating for switching to home working) he yelled at me “THE COUNTRY IS NOT GOING TO SHUT DOWN TO PROTECT YOUR PARENTS.” Turns out he was wrong and he never forgave me for it, but it turned out for the best. Another guy who had “flu like symptoms” (before home tests were a thing) put him on the spot and said “so are you telling me to come to the office then?” when he called him from the boardroom conference phone. He got made redundant quite quickly, too.

Edit: at my new job we’re having to put all our prices up by 7.5% due to inflation. Everyone’s wages are going up by the same amount, for the same reason. After previously having arguments like “if you pay them [X] it’ll technically be under minimum wage and illegal” this is like a different world.

Sanford fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 25, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am glad you are less likely to get done for murdering your boss because I did think that was where it was headed.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

he looks like an iberian noble in crusader kings 2 and is about as knowledgeable of 20th century history imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sire, are you sure you want to pair off two siblings again?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Mourning Due posted:

Re office pod chat:

My company recently switched to using WeWork, and what a ballache.

We used to work with a single large open plan office building, which was ok. If people said they were going into the office you'd know where they meant, you could go in any time, and while the noise wasnt great we could usually accomplish whatever we'd gone in to do.

Now with WeWork, by far the biggest problem:

All I need is a desk, with a power point, where I can take calls. They all seem to have either:

Communal working space. Desks with power points, but they're all classed as quiet zones, so you can't take calls.

Lunch room. Desks with power points, and you can technically be loud on calls, but everyone's loud & eating lunch. Plus you get bad looks for taking up limited eating space for work.

Private pods: desk, quiet enough to take calls, but only have USB power points, so can't charge a laptop. After 2-3 calls in a row, need to find somewhere to plug in.

Look at this poo poo. All I want is a cubicle you fuckers! I guess if I went in every day & wanted to stay until like 10pm with my co-workers because I love my job SO MUCH then maybe some of this rubbish would be useful, but most of it closes at 5 anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8ZMrMx6Hk&t=9s

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Sire, are you sure you want to pair off two siblings again?

\
yehth!! whhhut could pohhthibly go whhong :mad:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Heart the size and colour of a peppercorn would also describe many people in the UK regardless of inbreeding.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
thhutch ihhntholenth :mad:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That anti-LGBTQ+ petition just gets stranger, it seems like it was posted by an Algerian government official, so what the gently caress business is it of his for a start:

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1618214241714204674?t=jpR_EkBJXsP8dE0V4_gvTQ&s=19

Pinknews linked to the same counter-petition I linked above:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631529

The good news is that the anti petition was posted on the 12th and has about 190k votes with a week's head start, and the counter-petition wasn't posted until the 20th but has already racked up about 32k signatures:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely the anti petition should be to remove cishets from the curriculum.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't have a problem with cis people, i just don't think we should be terrifying preschool kids by exposing them to Graham Linehan.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Surely the anti petition should be to remove cishets from the curriculum.

This is binary thinking. There is a wonderful spectrum of stupid petitions to throw at the government and we should celebrate that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Heart the size and colour of a peppercorn would also describe many people in the UK regardless of inbreeding.
his lungs corroded

his intestines rotten and gangrenous

he had a single testicle, black as coal

and his head was full of water

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Guava I'm intensely curious about how you organise all these images that you seem to possess thousands of and can find at a moments notice

Do you just Google for them at the time you need them or do you have a vast, tagged repository

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some of one, some of the other. I don't have a huge collection of GB-weirds but (un)fortunately google has far too many.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There are definitely apps or even a basic AutoHotKey program you can run that jiggle the mouse for you.

If your company is lovely enough to put spyware on your computer they're also shiity enough to give you a disciplinary for downloading anything that would beat said spyware

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Microplastics posted:

Guava I'm intensely curious about how you organise all these images that you seem to possess thousands of and can find at a moments notice

Do you just Google for them at the time you need them or do you have a vast, tagged repository

never ask a magician to reveal their secrets :nono:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

If your company is lovely enough to put spyware on your computer they're also shiity enough to give you a disciplinary for downloading anything that would beat said spyware

Yes.

You can buy a physical jiggler on Amazon though (although I know of somebody that got done by HR for trying to expense the purchase!). And if you have a mouse like mine with the blue light optical sensor you can just turn it upside down pointing at the ceiling and the slight breeze will keep it active (YMMV). Or just hire your cats to swat at it, natural predator after all

E: vvvvv :hmmyes:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
try a wristwatch under your optical mouse

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
anything that isnt a 'no' is a 'yes'

sort of like the opposite of when you go on a date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I haven't used a mouse for years, I would need a software on the computer to do something.
As I said, luckily my work doesn't do this (and as I seem to be de factor IT department too they'd need me to put it on anyway).
I've downloaded several apps to my work laptop which are extremely useful (for work purposes) and thanking the lord I don't have to go via some sort of requisitioning & justification process while simultaneously expressing concern (sub voce to myself) that I shouldn't REALLY be able to do this!