Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of dialogue in games, looks like the Dead Space remake gives Isaac a case of the good ol' AAA Protagonist Mouth

https://twitter.com/Win98Tech/status/1618216286571626496?s=20&t=w99rkLQ8FFRkwHRUjbE3WA

I don't get the issue here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i picked up elden ring yesterday and somehow have 90 hours in it already

i freakin love video games

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of dialogue in games, looks like the Dead Space remake gives Isaac a case of the good ol' AAA Protagonist Mouth

https://twitter.com/Win98Tech/status/1618216286571626496?s=20&t=w99rkLQ8FFRkwHRUjbE3WA

this is overblown. isaac has less than fifteen seconds of dialogue in this clip and his exposition was originally stated by his radio contacts anyway

if he’s constantly muttering to himself or bringing up the radio every other room then we’ll have reason to worry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love finding stuff to get mad over

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I don't have time to play the games I do like

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He should say swears and Duke nukem phrases.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dead Space sucks cause it has scary monsters in it, and I'm a big baby

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He should say swears and Duke nukem phrases.

We have Luigi's Mansion already

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like talking about things I like and things I dislike.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

its cool they got ds1 isaacs original va back

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im gonna play it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I will never play a horror game, I dont wanna be scared

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haha what posted:

im gonna play it

*Sets gamma to max so I can see the scary monsters coming*

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Issac screaming incoherent strings of nonsense as necromoprhs attacked him seems like it would be realistic.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

I will never play a horror game, I dont wanna be scared

This guy gets it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Did you know: "Isaac Clarke" is actually a reference to two famous science fiction authors.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what if they put isaac from the binding of isaac into dead space and made it a roguelike instead

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Waffleman_ posted:

This seems like...a conversation? I've never played Dead Space but is "the character talks when other characters talk to them" a red flag now?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what if they put isaac from the binding of isaac into dead space and made it a roguelike instead

It would suck another 2000 hours of my life away

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

He's a baby. That would be intensely hosed up, even for someone as twisted as Edmund McMillin.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Volte posted:

This seems like...a conversation? I've never played Dead Space but is "the character talks when other characters talk to them" a red flag now?

Yes, originally he said nothing for the entire game.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

isaac and his wife lived alone in a small spaceship in hell

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Silent protags are cool and I'm genuinely sad theyre rare in modern gaming

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They can be cool but dead space 1 was just a "everyone yelling at you on the radio" game which was getting kind of old by then

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

Silent protags

Speaking of

Yo Nintendo, where the hell Metroid Prime 4 at

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of

:pray:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of

It's been exactly four years since they announced they were restarting development on Prime 4 with Retro

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat time flies

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I should post on the Something Awful forums. I can open them from my web browser. Alright, now to pick a thread. Hm... The post button should be at the bottom. Now I gotta write my post. And... Done. Alright, I'd better send this post so people can see it. There we go, post sent. I should check in later to see if it got any replies.

[Daily Challenge: Just Post Complete!]
[Weekly Challenge: I'm Using The Internet 1/7]

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Buschmaki posted:

Silent protags are cool and I'm genuinely sad theyre rare in modern gaming
The only time a silent protagonist (that's not just silent because there's nothing to say) has ever been good is when their speech is implied rather than them being literally just mute for some reason, which only works for a very specific kind of game.

Good: "What's that Link? You say you Princess Zelda sent you? Okay then, you can pass."

Bad: "This man was at the crime scene next to the body, he must be guilty! Take him away!" *says nothing and gets thrown in the dungeon with absolutely no protest whatsoever*

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
metroid crime

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like it when they say nothing and people even comment on that, like on Grand Theft Auto: Online

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
when they do announce a release date, it'll be like two months out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's been exactly four years since they announced they were restarting development on Prime 4 with Retro

drat. Sounds like it should be nearly done. Can't wait

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

metroid crime

The only crime Metroid Prime has committed is
A.) Not releasing MP4
B.) Not releasing Prime Trilogy

..Ok that's like 2 crimes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Samus died on the way back to her home federation.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looper posted:

when they do announce a release date, it'll be like two months out

Releasing right alongside Silksong!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

eagerly anticipating metroid prime 4 and metroid 40 to release in 2026

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's funny to think that no one would have expected an excellent 2D Metroid to be what was out for the Switch at this point and yet here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silksong is going to be epic.