Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Fontaine will be an extended courtroom drama as we try to pin some crimes on one of the harbringers.

It’ll play out much like a Phoenix wright game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I mean the deal with the Fatui isn't that people don't know they're bad news and committing crimes and stuff.

It's that they're also sort of diplomats and nobody wants the Tsarista to declare an open war, so they put up with the incredibly thinly veiled clandestine stuff, right?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

It's just the storytelling handwaves of turning the uncaring god that was the antagonist of the main Inazuma arc into a quirky waifu. They also need to keep the zone functional without locking you out of content, since players going into Inazuma may not finish the main questline before doing other stuff.

That said, eh I can see where people could be hesitant to try another rebellion against their god who was rather successful in crushing the opposition, especially since she reopened travel, it would probably be smarter to just leave. There are also a few character story quests about both rebels and loyalists trying to push for a return to war.

She seems to play by might makes right rules and honor systems that say Klingons might agree with. If you can't best her in a duel you lack honor and resolve and thus theres no reason for her to consider your demands. The one thing that makes me consider that they might have changed up her character a little to sell her better is when they changed her expression in the status screen to be more of a neutral serene expression more than a glower and I don't believe it just changes after you complete 2.1 or her story quests either, its a permanent change retroactively integrated into the game.

I wish they'd do more with her post story quest though other than "Back in my day" or "Dango Milk please". Her last couple appearances have definitely been of the quirky waifu persuasion. Especially the Irodoku festival one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain France posted:

I mean the deal with the Fatui isn't that people don't know they're bad news and committing crimes and stuff.

It's that they're also sort of diplomats and nobody wants the Tsarista to declare an open war, so they put up with the incredibly thinly veiled clandestine stuff, right?

It's kind of both? Most Fatui ops would rather not go loud about it, for no other reason than if you look legit you can con the locals into doing your work for you. But if they have to, they'll stay loud and use all the weapons at their disposal including diplomacy to keep you out of the way while they finish up.

Also, whatever the last Fatui were doing that got you to break out your killin' hands, they were officially declared rogue elements and the Tsaritsa has disavowed any knowledge of their actions.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Glazius posted:

It's kind of both? Most Fatui ops would rather not go loud about it, for no other reason than if you look legit you can con the locals into doing your work for you. But if they have to, they'll stay loud and use all the weapons at their disposal including diplomacy to keep you out of the way while they finish up.

Also, whatever the last Fatui were doing that got you to break out your killin' hands, they were officially declared rogue elements and the Tsaritsa has disavowed any knowledge of their actions.
I'd expect no less of the Fantasy KGB.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Fontaine will be an extended courtroom drama as we try to pin some crimes on one of the harbringers.

It’ll play out much like a Phoenix wright game.

i hope so. they've already got most of the UI and structure in place for little mini-VNs in the hangouts, be nice if it were used for good instead of evil

Kale
May 14, 2010

MNSNTZR posted:

now you’re just making me wonder if there’s an adult in this game that isn’t a dumb rear end in a top hat at least by association. … yoimiya… and i guess nilou by way of being genuinely the most boring person in the game

cool i skip abyss a ton, so it’s not a problem i have. i hardly ever farm bosses anymore so i just have no stones to give anyone at all anymore

I thought Yoimiya and Nilou were teenagers. Isnt Hu Taos English VA Brianna Knickerbocker. Either way you get what you're going to get if you choose English for your voice over language over the three other Asian language options

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm pretty sure 'quickstart' is bugged for lantern festival. I chose it, got to do the quest chain until about where you got to Liyue Harbor, at which point it blocked me until I completed story quests -including one I haven't unlocked yet, that's blocked behind another story quest I've unlocked but haven't finished. GG mihoyo.

At least I've got another 2 weeks and Liyue doesn't have as much walking simulator VN crap as Inazuma, though one of the things I'm missing is Yelan's story which was added in 2x, so I might still have some walking simulator and waiting for audio to finish.

The good news is the Yelan story quest is pretty interesting. The bad news is that it's kind of long.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Found out that the Fav spear can trigger the extra particles effect from any one of YaoYao's radishes, even when she's off field, so this'll help her battery Al. I was thinking of running Black Tassle, but I've got such garbage ER on Al at the moment that I need every battery I can get.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

schwein11 posted:

The good news is the Yelan story quest is pretty interesting. The bad news is that it's kind of long.

That's good at least, she seemed cool in the chasm and I'm game for getting another few missions with her as a trial character.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Space Opera posted:

Found out that the Fav spear can trigger the extra particles effect from any one of YaoYao's radishes, even when she's off field, so this'll help her battery Al. I was thinking of running Black Tassle, but I've got such garbage ER on Al at the moment that I need every battery I can get.

Time to level a fourth Fav spear I guess.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
a “if al haitham’s sig doesn’t come in a single multi, gently caress it” session on the weapon banner just netted me a second jade spear.

does anyone other than xiao use this thing? i vaguely recall using it as a stat stick with xiangling but cyno’s signature seemed to perform better. got a skyward pride from free standard fates a few days ago too, some wack weapon luck

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive got like 3 R5 fav spears and Dragons Bane. Which I had a single R5 white tassle.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
iirc white tassel is one of those 3* weapons that's chest-only so if you eat your copies early you'll miss out on it forever

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Chasm is the only reason I even got a R3 White Tassel.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

MNSNTZR posted:

a “if al haitham’s sig doesn’t come in a single multi, gently caress it” session on the weapon banner just netted me a second jade spear.

does anyone other than xiao use this thing? i vaguely recall using it as a stat stick with xiangling but cyno’s signature seemed to perform better. got a skyward pride from free standard fates a few days ago too, some wack weapon luck

Jade Spear is a good stat stick due to high base ATK and crit rate substat but the current roster of spear users is kind of an odd bunch and surprisingly few of them care about that. Hu Tao & Raiden can both make good use of it if you don't have their signatures. It'll be a solid weapon to have around for any damage focused spear users that come around in the future.

As for Skyward Spine, it's something of a meme but it's still a solid support spear to have around. Raiden can actually make great use of it due to it's ER% substat and the attack speed passive actually letting her get in a few more attacks in her burst. It's also a great alternative to The Catch for both her and Xiangling. Shenhe can also make good use of it due to her high burst cost.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Maybe skyward pride will be good on Dehya..

EDIT: never mind it doesnt work on her.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

here’s looking at kaveh… :ignorance:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Jade Spear is a good stat stick due to high base ATK and crit rate substat but the current roster of spear users is kind of an odd bunch and surprisingly few of them care about that. Hu Tao & Raiden can both make good use of it if you don't have their signatures. It'll be a solid weapon to have around for any damage focused spear users that come around in the future.

man i really hate keeping stuff enough unnecessarily (dragonspine spear). i just have a feeling that it won’t come back into relevance, much like aquila or a lot of the skyward weapons in general

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

No Wave posted:

Oh lmao I read that as Skyward Spine. Oops. You got the greatsword. Well don't I look ridiculous.

Anyways Skyward Pride is... Okay. It can be good for characters with high energy requirements like Beidou or Itto (depending on his artifact ER% substats and team comp). Sayu could also do good with it since she's got a high cost burst and her healing scales better with high ATK (which Skyward Pride has a very high base).

MNSNTZR posted:

man i really hate keeping stuff enough unnecessarily (dragonspine spear). i just have a feeling that it won’t come back into relevance, much like aquila or a lot of the skyward weapons in general

Jade Spear is generically good enough that I don't think it'll ever fall out of favor really. The passive is very blah due to the high field time requirement but a weapon with a sky high base ATK and Crit substat is always going to be useful to have around. Your Cyno Spear is better but now you at least have options so you don't have to trade one weapon around characters a lot.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

iirc white tassel is one of those 3* weapons that's chest-only so if you eat your copies early you'll miss out on it forever

They're just ridiculously rare. I was afraid I'd done that, until I noticed I hadn't fed any 3*s into gear. I'm running out of Liyue chests and only got my white tassel to r2. I'm hoping at some point they
make those rng weapons you could easily just not get or lose to newbie choices in as a limited thing, like maybe an occasional 30 day login bonus, or a traveling merchant. Same with stuff like the sinnispar spire. It's kinda lovely I just won't ever get Albedo's sword because I wasn't playing when it was in game.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the worst is the Dark iron Sword you get from talking to a dude in Liyue

only one copy exists - if you consume it (as its an unassuming 3*) you can never get it again

meanwhile the effect on it is so busted that it outperforms a lot of 4* weapons for Aggravate and Hyperbloom

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think its still random. I only have 1 white tassell Im still going through the chests in the chasm, hopefully I can get a few more

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Excelzior posted:

only one copy exists - if you consume it (as its an unassuming 3*) you can never get it again

meanwhile the effect on it is so busted that it outperforms a lot of 4* weapons for Aggravate and Hyperbloom

the 20% atk boost from its passive isn't even relevant for hyperbloom
it is an ok option for aggravate but the 4* em weapons iron sting and umbrella are gonna beat it out just due to higher base attack values.
it's the only 3* EM sword though so it can be nice if you missed the umbrella event and want to gear a second EM sword character without crafting a duplicate iron sting

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i just found this while grinding artifact domains for xiangling and benny

haven't leveled it yet but i'm not sure a bad outcome actually even exists :dogstare:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Heartbroken to discover that the thing about Favonius Yaoyao isn't actually true.

Test: 101 crit rate Yaoyao with R5 Fav Spear. Dropped Yuegui and switched out, saw it continually crit hit enemies without activating anything. Dropped second Yuegui and switched out, same result. After 2 crit hits failed to proc anything, switched Yaoyao back in. The next crit hit immediately procced Fav.

So yeah, Yaoyao works the same as everyone else :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i just found this while grinding artifact domains for xiangling and benny

haven't leveled it yet but i'm not sure a bad outcome actually even exists :dogstare:

so jelly

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Heartbroken to discover that the thing about Favonius Yaoyao isn't actually true.

Test: 101 crit rate Yaoyao with R5 Fav Spear. Dropped Yuegui and switched out, saw it continually crit hit enemies without activating anything. Dropped second Yuegui and switched out, same result. After 2 crit hits failed to proc anything, switched Yaoyao back in. The next crit hit immediately procced Fav.

So yeah, Yaoyao works the same as everyone else :(

I was about to go in game to test it, since it would have been a bug. Weapon passives never trigger off field unless the text says they do. Fav and sac weapons have always been that way, other wise Fav would be god tier on Venti.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Forever is relative. Events based in Liyue that have chests are Liyue chests. They're pretty rare, though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Excelzior posted:

Oh wow really? I thought it was just a comestic but functionally was comparable to a common 4 star.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Man. Lantern Rite really wants me to play a lot of this lovely boat game for its rewards huh

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Forever is relative. Events based in Liyue that have chests are Liyue chests. They're pretty rare, though.

None of them have given a White Tassel to me. Maybe it's random but it's not like it's not a super-rare weapon if you mindlessly refine it like I did, mostly because the game pretty much encourages you to grind down 3* weapons.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Man. Lantern Rite really wants me to play a lot of this lovely boat game for its rewards huh

I honestly didn't remember the boat controlling so loving badly. It's by far the worst part of the Lantern Rite. Thankfully the score requirement is low enough that you can just mindlessly get it over with but it never, ever feels good to do.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Oh wow really? I thought it was just a comestic but functionally was comparable to a common 4 star.

I mean like it was specified above it gets beaten by 4* like Iron Sting (especially since you can refine iron sting)

it's just really stupid that this unassuming sword that got released back in 1.0 as a hidden, one-time thing is now actually an ok starter weapon for EM sword users

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Stare-Out posted:

None of them have given a White Tassel to me. Maybe it's random but it's not like it's not a super-rare weapon if you mindlessly refine it like I did, mostly because the game pretty much encourages you to grind down 3* weapons.

If I recall it also has to be an exquisite chest or better. So plain wooden ones don't cut it.

Excelzior posted:

I mean like it was specified above it gets beaten by 4* like Iron Sting (especially since you can refine iron sting)

it's just really stupid that this unassuming sword that got released back in 1.0 as a hidden, one-time thing is now actually an ok starter weapon for EM sword users

Ah cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't sleeping on something that I locked because of the thread's advice, but hadn't leveled.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Stare-Out posted:

I honestly didn't remember the boat controlling so loving badly. It's by far the worst part of the Lantern Rite. Thankfully the score requirement is low enough that you can just mindlessly get it over with but it never, ever feels good to do.

It feels like they messed with the acceleration somehow, but otherwise it more or less works as usual. Just takes a millenium to get moving. That game actually works pretty alright in multiplayer, which was surprising. The one time I did multiplayer also reminded me I had an gun, and shooting stuff means you won't crash into it.

Easiest minigame's the whirlpool one, but it's not like you can choose, so…

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah it's easy enough, just annoying to queue up for a couple times to knock out. Compare that with the fight-stuff event (easy but fun! and fast!) and the air-dashing event (amazing! great! give us air-dashing objects for overworld puzzles!) and it really stands out as a waste. Even the "what if lemmings but worse" paper play thing was quicker to get done with.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

It really is the mercy of the RNG. When I found out I had shredded a bunch of them, I followed a guide for all of the chests that could drop them and received exactly one out of, like, 14 chests. Since clearing out Liyue, I've pulled 2 more from the chasm and 2 more from Liyue events/domains.

Zenostein posted:

It feels like they messed with the acceleration somehow, but otherwise it more or less works as usual. Just takes a millenium to get moving. That game actually works pretty alright in multiplayer, which was surprising. The one time I did multiplayer also reminded me I had an gun, and shooting stuff means you won't crash into it.

Easiest minigame's the whirlpool one, but it's not like you can choose, so…

I got like, 900 points per attempt, even when I once beat it with only 33 coins in my inventory.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my xiangling is level 40 and only c2

i feel like i've failed her since apparently she's still one of the best pyro units in the game

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
fff lost my 78 wish 50/50 pulll for Al to a Tighnari. It beats another Qiqi constellation, but doesn't actually get me anything. Oh well, I guess I'll try a dendro team some time around Nahida's banner rerun in Fontaine.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

my xiangling is level 40 and only c2

i feel like i've failed her since apparently she's still one of the best pyro units in the game

She’s the best free pyro unit. Well, in terms of gameplay. She’s also the only real off field pyro applier in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Tighnari is fantastic though and is similarly a big Dendro damage dealer. Really the major difference between the two is that Tighnari is more suited to single target while Al'haitham is better AoE. Tighnari also demands much less field time. If you are solely after Dendro DPS then Tighnari is worth your time.