Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the hotfix broke the armory exchange web extension until chrome authorizes the update for it :( 1 day of shop rotations missed!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

litany of gulps posted:

I'm not really sure how much of an impact those buffs will actually make. Slightly more damage against flak armor (but you can one shot them anyway). Significantly more damage against carapace armor, but you only hit them with the special attack anyway. How much will that buff impact the special attack?

They will be huge, though I'm not sure they'll be huge enough without actually testing them myself. The main perk of the new changes is almost entirely that you're more reliably able to kill priority targets with the light attack since it has a significantly lower chance of Just loving HItting a poxwalker when they get down mister president in front of the shotgunner you're trying to kill.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

quote the posts where this happened or shut the gently caress up, idiot

I'm blind so I won't be doing that, not that you actually care anyway. Go touch grass, etc, etc. You're an awfully hostile person.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The thread is cranky and needs a nap.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goons telling other goons to "touch grass" is far more annoying than reading criticisms of a videogame.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Stanley Pain posted:

Or it could be that people are having the same whiny meltdown, over and over and over again. I think most of us enjoying the game are just a little puzzled at the level of vitriol spewed. Like people literally ITT getting mad because game devs went on Christmas break or whatever.

Touch grass indeed.

shut the gently caress up, idiot

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm blind so I won't be doing that, not that you actually care anyway. Go touch grass, etc, etc. You're an awfully hostile person.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You ever wonder where the toxicity in some games come from? Wonder no more.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

didn't we learn anything from babylon's fall and anthem and mass effect andromeda, the power of the 20 posters left on these dead gay internet forums to destroy flawless, innocent videogames with their excessive Goon Negativity is well documented. boratfucker69 posting "hey i crashed to desktop this sucks" is smothering darktide in its crib

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Actually no, I won't take the bait.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 25, 2023

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
hey i crashed to desktop this sucks

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

General Morden posted:

hey i crashed to desktop this sucks

why do you hate worker's rights to take a vacation you corporate bootlicking piece of poo poo!!!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone seeing any performance regressions? Hitting sub 60 right now. Was running around 70-80 before the patch.

Crash on map load seems to be fixed for me though. :smith:

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
There is nothing stopping you guys from talking about how good the game is outside of the fact it sucks rear end and there's no content. If the game was actually good, or was at least honest and sold and advertised as early access (which it is) the positive talk would far, far outweigh the criticism

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Stanley Pain posted:

you kramered in here to complain about people making GBS threads on the game because it's objectively broken and unfinished, right after the devs put out a statement acknowledging the game is objectively broken and unfinished. nobody, not one person itt thinks they shouldn't have a vacation. you're insinuating that people complaining about the game don't care about labor rights. go gently caress yourself.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stanley Pain posted:

you talked poo poo about your fellow posters and then either were too much of a coward to back up your claims or tried to deflect because you know you're straight-up lying

in other words: shut the gently caress up, idiot

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
jesus christ the game needs work but do we have to be so lovely to each other until it gets fixed?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think a lot of us praise the game for its obvious strengths. It’s core is fantastic, better than VT in my opinion, and this has been said along side very valid criticisms repeatedly. Telling posters to touch grass, which is a tired thing to say to begin with, is absurd - especially here of all places. There are going to be people bitching about this very incomplete game in this thread, this is 100% going to happen, 100% going to keep happening, no amount of tantrums about how people hate workers rights or whatever is going to change this.

For me, the recent statement and patch is a really strong beginning to getting the game back on track and I’m looking forward to getting back into it.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 25, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yes, a game that doesn't receive updates will cause a community to grow feral

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NeurosisHead posted:

jesus christ the game needs work but do we have to be so lovely to each other until it gets fixed?

It's the law.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes, a game that doesn't receive updates will cause a community to grow feral

The law of nature.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I've touched grass, I touch it all the time!!!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Stanley Pain posted:

It's the law.

The law of nature.

hey why don't you quote those terrible posts you were talking about earlier, i bet that would really own the haters

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I legit can’t tell whether the idea that “goons are mad the devs went on vacation” is bad reading comprehension or bad faith, but every time this insinuation happens I get more of the sense that it’s the latter.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

rideANDxORdie posted:

There is nothing stopping you guys from talking about how good the game is outside of the fact it sucks rear end and there's no content. If the game was actually good, or was at least honest and sold and advertised as early access (which it is) the positive talk would far, far outweigh the criticism

Lmao, nah. That doesn't even work in typical media. You rarely hear about "ok" things. People are far more likely to post anger than they are to post good things, because they're just kinda still just enjoying the thing.

Reviews are the same way.

Also it's kinda hard to parse through the "hey this is good" posts when you've got the same group of goons endlessly posting how dissatisfied they are. Anyone who posts otherwise or doesn't agree, well

Kith posted:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

dogstile posted:

Also it's kinda hard to parse through the "hey this is good" posts when you've got the same group of goons endlessly posting how dissatisfied they are. Anyone who posts otherwise or doesn't agree, well

hey why don't you show us where someone got told to shut up just for talking positively about the game. find the post and quote it, i'll be right there next to you waving my finger at that person.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sometimes an idiot needs to be told to shut the gently caress up

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

its very cool when someone accuses posters of being poo poo and doing poo poo things. its toxic and hostile to demand evidence to support those claims though

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hey why don't you show us where someone got told to shut up just for talking positively about the game. find the post and quote it, i'll be right there next to you waving my finger at that person.

That would specifically be pointing out at someone who doesn't agree with the doomposting, not what you're thinking.

Game is fun. I put it down because I chucked 60 hours into it (post release, I don't know beta hours) and I'll be back when they give it the VT2 treatment.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

dogstile posted:

That would specifically be pointing out at someone who doesn't agree with the doomposting, not what you're thinking.

??????

oh oh oh i get it now nevermind! i thought you were being sarcastic

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 25, 2023

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

they did literally exactly the same thing with vermintide 2's launch. right down to the long stretches of radio silence and "shifting resources away from the console port"

i, too gave them $40 for darktide and i was there for the vermintide poo poo, so i'm not saying i'm not a also a dumbass. what i'm saying is that your faith is laughably misplaced.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's aggravating to feel like you're being intentionally misrepresented, or like people are making poo poo up, but we gotta keep our heads screwed on. Dunk on posts you disagree with if you can be funny, but the last couple pages is the most aggressive and unfunny the thread has been since launch and everyone needs to relax. Take things less personally, and target bad posts, not bad posters.

E: I'm saying this while feeling like there are posts that definitely instigated everything, but the reactions to those posts were so extreme that it formed an ouroborous of weird assholes that are all horrible and exhausting

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 25, 2023

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

hi, are you saying i told that poster to shut up? i think we had a nice back and forth with no hard feelings, are you reading something else into that exchange?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I definitely had my fun with the game. Despite being broken in the meta-progression the actual moment-to-moment game play is great enough that I feel I got my money's worth (and the dozen or so bucks I spent on cosmetics).

I've got 3 of 4 characters max leveled so I'm dialing back my play time until they get more of their poo poo together, but I can't say I regret purchasing it.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Jerkface posted:

the hotfix broke the armory exchange web extension until chrome authorizes the update for it :( 1 day of shop rotations missed!!!

Go to the armory exchange discord to get the link to their Github for the latest working version for chrome.

Works for me (or use Firefox, they vetted the update to AE already).

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hi, are you saying i told that poster to shut up? i think we had a nice back and forth with no hard feelings, are you reading something else into that exchange?

It was the closest example I could come up with lmao. I'm not as invested in this poo poo flinging some people apparently are.

Game's broken, still fun, I'll keep an eye on its development.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Whole lotta Bust Rodding going on in here.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Kith posted:

you talked poo poo about your fellow posters and then either were too much of a coward to back up your claims or tried to deflect because you know you're straight-up lying

in other words: shut the gently caress up, idiot

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Stanley Pain posted:

kiss my grits!!!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I have about 200 hours in the game. It's fun, but has obvious problems that have been talked about forever. I'm glad the devs didn't crunch, but this level of incompetence and lack of communication sucks and the game is rightfully getting pilloried for it.

Thanks and God bless.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Kokoro Wish posted:

Whole lotta Bust Rodding going on in here.

yeah imma check back in when someone posts a drawing of their weird dick

Internet Explorer posted:

the game is rightfully getting pilfered for it.

i think you mean pilloried just a lil heads up