Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fish of hemp posted:

So now that Russia is losing its war against NATO without NATO even showing up, can we conclude anything out of it regarding WW3?

its more like its against NATO but the rest of them convinced this one country to single single-handedly provide the infantry part

it's going about as well as can be expected for both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

KomradeX posted:

The State Department has been little more than an auxiliary wing of the DOD since Bush

the state department is (was) who you get a visit from before the guys with guns show up to take your poo poo

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I was just pointing out that the trade war isn't over. And yes, China seems unaffected.

Trade wars are good and easy to win for China

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fish of hemp posted:

So now that Russia is losing its war against NATO without NATO even showing up, can we conclude anything out of it regarding WW3?

Yeah.

Nobody is ready, and it's going to be a huge clusterfuck and millions of people will die.

The content is going to be amazing.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I loving love doing daily stand ups and dev sprints to do agile development on the software for a trillion dollar warplane

lmao this is the same development strategy we use for a chat app and every release is bug-ridden, you can't do that for what is essentially a death machine with wings

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Doktor Avalanche posted:

lmao this is the same development strategy we use for a chat app and every release is bug-ridden, you can't do that for what is essentially a death machine with wings

The Hawaii missile launch warning bug, except replicated across the military.

Hope they don't use agile on the ICBM refresh projects!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Doktor Avalanche posted:

have u considered that if you use that strategy for a death machine with wings then the government will have to shovel even more money to you to fix the problems that you yourself created?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Doktor Avalanche posted:

I asure you you can

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
would suggest reading Command and Control if you want to read about some ww3 lmaos before the event itself kicks off, and then internalize that things will have only gotten worse in the decade since it came out

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

The Oldest Man posted:

Agile means I can deliver nothing and you still pay me
Yeah agile is pretty cool

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

atelier morgan posted:

would suggest reading Command and Control if you want to read about some ww3 lmaos before the event itself kicks off, and then internalize that things will have only gotten worse in the decade since it came out

seconding this recommendation, good read to make yourself feel lucky to be alive.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So now that Ukraine is going to be getting Leopard 2's and and Abhrama, whats going to to be the excuse for why those tanks are invincible once we start seeing them get destroyed?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KomradeX posted:

So now that Ukraine is going to be getting Leopard 2's and and Abhrama, whats going to to be the excuse for why those tanks are invincible once we start seeing them get destroyed?

slavic operators

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

slavic operators

But wont that under cut brave freedom fighters of Ukraine fighting for the Fatherland

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

KomradeX posted:

It wasn't the latest variant or they didn't have the right super armor or whatever.

No one wants to admit that the Iraqi tanks in 91 largely didn't even have night vision equipment or ammo that could penetrate a more modern-tank.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KomradeX posted:

But wont that under cut brave freedom fighters of Ukraine fighting for the Fatherland

when did hypocrisy ever stop racism?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

KomradeX posted:

there’s a wide variety of things that if you let yourself notice (or worse yet say), you’re doing a Russian propaganda and are supporting genocide. what’s a few more

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Why are we still funding the proxy war in Ukraine again? I forget

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Freedom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

cause if we cripple russia and turn them into a bigger colder ukraine full of nazis that love us then china is surrounded fully by neoliberal ghoul nations

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

'cause a buncha shitlibs are still extremely mad that they lost an election six years ago

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

It's profitable for oil companies and weapons manufacturers

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

it’s still amazing to me that some of y’all come out for explicit , Autocracy, Nationalism and Orthodoxy because America bad.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Bar Ran Dun posted:

it’s still amazing to me that some of y’all come out for explicit , Autocracy, Nationalism and Orthodoxy because America bad.

read more theory, dun

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ardennes posted:

It wasn't the latest variant or they didn't have the right super armor or whatever.

No one wants to admit that the Iraqi tanks in 91 largely didn't even have night vision equipment or ammo that could penetrate a more modern-tank.

Well yeah thats the entire thing, if World War II is the founding myth of the modern age, Desert Storm is the founding mytb of Pax Americana that we are invincible in all we do. And were finally seeing that myth fall apart at the seems.

Though you do just have the insane people who view the Abhrams as being invincible as part of their identiy the type of person that obsessively plays War Thunder where they'd technically commit treason to brag how awesome their favorote bit of kit is

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The whole but imperialism thing while ignoring the context of Lenin’s book( that it was about western nations, to get around Russian censors, while really being about Russian imperialism.)

lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

look nobody's supporting Russia because they think Russia is good. (They might be supporting Russia to have arguments online but whom amongst us)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im supporting russia to ensure more access to balitika brand beer

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Bar Ran Dun posted:

The whole but imperialism thing while ignoring the context of Lenin’s book( that it was about western nations, to get around Russian censors, while really being about Russian imperialism.)

lol

im sorry to offer rhetorical support to the only state willing to say that its bad if me and my family are genocided, ill try and remember that we're filthy subhumans fit only for slaughter next time

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

im supporting russia to ensure more access to balitika brand beer

would love to be sippin on a baltika 8 right about now

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

anyway heres a funny story: https://news.sky.com/story/royal-ai...0will%20resume.

quote:

The Royal Air Force has grounded its entire fleet of fast jet training aircraft because of an issue with an engine, Sky News can reveal.

It is not known when flying training on the Hawk T2 jets at an air base in North Wales will resume.

The pause will be another blow for a training programme to deliver fast jet fighter pilots that has already been plagued by problems and chronic delays for years.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

lobster shirt posted:

would love to be sippin on a baltika 9 right about now

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
State Department only exists to provide diplomatic cover for CIA.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lenin was actually only pretending to poo poo on Kautsky to get past the Russian censors :hmmyes:.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/KyleTrainEmoji/status/1613587423405150208

imperialism is when you uh have an extremely small stake in overseas economies

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol the first time i drank baltika 9 i didnt realize that the 9 stood for 9% abv and got way drunker than i had intended to. although i guess the word "strong" on the label should have tipped me off. oh well. nice beer.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

America is all of those things genius

Gives me hella farts

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I just come out for all of those things things because they are good and I want to have sex (gay kind) with Vladimir Putin

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ardennes posted:

Does modern Russia have that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
How would Russian occupation be better for the Ukrainian people?