Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

Yes, this just dawned on me this morning. I only had 3 teapots, god knows why. Maddening.

good news, 2 quests later you need 5 carved warthogs, a 20% chance from throwing in a flute or a 12.5% from teapots

i have 4 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
If any goons have some spare spiders saved up, I would appreciate them for the next time cutlasses appear in the exchange center. Name is the same in game!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I got to my first billion and even after reading the page I can't decide between farm row or parrot.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I just got to Intruders Beware and need a bunch of pirate poo poo. What is my best plan for this?

Edit: my python is only level 5 and I can’t currently afford level 6

Xeras fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 25, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

oldskool posted:

good news, 2 quests later you need 5 carved warthogs, a 20% chance from throwing in a flute or a 12.5% from teapots

i have 4 :negative:

One of the new Far Away steps requires 25 flutes and 25 carved owls. So hang onto some of those flutes.

Edit: I could get behind the well as a vehicle for quest items if it wasn't gold gated after a certain number of items. As it is, it's just a pain.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

koshmar posted:

One of the new Far Away steps requires 25 flutes and 25 carved owls. So hang onto some of those flutes.

Edit: I could get behind the well as a vehicle for quest items if it wasn't gold gated after a certain number of items. As it is, it's just a pain.

Maybe that's why the temple is there: on the off chance you have a glut of items you don't need but not enough of the ones you do need(whether for well or quest things).

Prob could be put in differently but :shrug:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Xeras posted:

I just got to Intruders Beware and need a bunch of pirate poo poo. What is my best plan for this?

Grind more until you have a level 6 macaw or level 99 farming so that you can get Flags/Bandanas in the mail.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

I got to my first billion and even after reading the page I can't decide between farm row or parrot.

Storehouse or parrot, farm row is like 3rd or 4th billion.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Twincityhacker posted:

Parrot is worth far more money than you expect, and upgrading it only makes it better.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Storehouse or parrot, farm row is like 3rd or 4th billion.

Decided to get the Parrot. Getting Pirate Island quest chain going should make the next billion easier.

I'm still working though "Defences and Consequences" and I was not expecting Farm RPG to have a straight up villain who murders the mayor. But there is, and now am considering just donating "hated" items to him just so our friendship level is zero.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Xeras posted:

Intruders Beware VII will want 50 Skull Coins. The Level 6 Python drops Skull Coins on the regular. Buddy's Almanac estimates the explore/drop rate for Skull Coins there as 84,912.31:1. While I feel your pain silver-wise, make your purchasing decisions wisely. ;)

(Also, I STRONGLY suggest going into the Giveaways channel and asking for Spiders to trade for Cutlasses. You can get three by pumping Lorn full of things he likes in Friendship, but you'll need at least four in the Intruders Beware chain, more if you plan on tossing one or more into the well for the needed second Rubber Duckie there, and Exchange Center is the one way to get them.)

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Twincityhacker posted:

Decided to get the Parrot. Getting Pirate Island quest chain going should make the next billion easier.

I just unlocked it this morning, and does it ever!

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

delfin posted:

Intruders Beware VII will want 50 Skull Coins. The Level 6 Python drops Skull Coins on the regular. Buddy's Almanac estimates the explore/drop rate for Skull Coins there as 84,912.31:1. While I feel your pain silver-wise, make your purchasing decisions wisely. ;)

(Also, I STRONGLY suggest going into the Giveaways channel and asking for Spiders to trade for Cutlasses. You can get three by pumping Lorn full of things he likes in Friendship, but you'll need at least four in the Intruders Beware chain, more if you plan on tossing one or more into the well for the needed second Rubber Duckie there, and Exchange Center is the one way to get them.)

Yeah I was thinking level 6 python is the only reasonable way to acquire them, thanks!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Thank you to all the goons sending spiders, it alleviates the pain 🕷️

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finally hit T100, am at about 60k watermelons with no Piece of Heart. Guess I'll use all this inventory space to save up large nets for when the rare item trade in thing goes live and I can finally move on to the new fishing.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
I’m stuck at intruders beware VI because of herbs, so I’m working on parts unknown. GUESS WHAT ITS CORN TIME AGAIN

While I’m satiating this games insatiable need for corn, is it more profitable to explore for glass to make lanterns or for antlers to make nets to use at LI?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I almost got stuck at Intruders X because of the ship. I then bitched in the game chat about it, and literally one minute of cider/AP spam I got one lmao

So can I put off Wall In The Way for a bit? It's asking for a loving lot of poo poo and I still have other quests to belt out.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Wall in the way will give you like a 20% increase in silver per large net so it’s really up to you whether that’s a better investment than the other stuff

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

It also opens up something like 7 GMs you can get in a relatively short period of time. And they can show up in PHRs which dilutes the pool of crazy stuff they might ask for a little more.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The big fish boost is getting to Large Island, which turns fishing profit from fairly meh to holy poo poo.
The next two zones are good boosts but not the same % as getting to LI.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

So can I put off Wall In The Way for a bit? It's asking for a loving lot of poo poo and I still have other quests to belt out.

If you have not fully unlocked the Desert yet, Wall in the Way IV will give you an item that will save you a world of grief in doing so. Mind, you might just get that item in the process of sifting the Desert for all the machine parts needed to complete Wall in the Way IV, but I wouldn't bet on it.

But Wall in the Way is full of painful roadblocks at each stage, like 10 Cutlasses or 5 Lima Beans, and a Piece of Heart is a roadblock for the ages for most of us. Pursue the questline until it no longer makes sense to focus on it, then return to it later.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Are the red and green dragons worth getting to 7? I've got silver burning a hole in my pocket and not much else to spend it on right now. My blue dragon, parrot, bear, capy, and seal are all 7.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

delfin posted:

If you have not fully unlocked the Desert yet, Wall in the Way IV will give you an item that will save you a world of grief in doing so. Mind, you might just get that item in the process of sifting the Desert for all the machine parts needed to complete Wall in the Way IV, but I wouldn't bet on it.

But Wall in the Way is full of painful roadblocks at each stage, like 10 Cutlasses or 5 Lima Beans, and a Piece of Heart is a roadblock for the ages for most of us. Pursue the questline until it no longer makes sense to focus on it, then return to it later.

I'll probably get to it somewhat. Still need spiked shells and lima beans. And sea dragons. And a few more gold Drums. 700M seems worth it tho.

Ineptitude posted:

The big fish boost is getting to Large Island, which turns fishing profit from fairly meh to holy poo poo.
The next two zones are good boosts but not the same % as getting to LI.

That said, if I have PC unlocked, I should stay there til GL, right?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Fhqwhgads posted:

Are the red and green dragons worth getting to 7? I've got silver burning a hole in my pocket and not much else to spend it on right now. My blue dragon, parrot, bear, capy, and seal are all 7.

The pets guide in the library says they aren't unless you've purchased everything else. I thought about it and it doesn't look like it has a lot of roi and I'd rather put my silver towards tower 149 at this point.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

I'll probably get to it somewhat. Still need spiked shells and lima beans. And sea dragons. And a few more gold Drums. 700M seems worth it tho.

That said, if I have PC unlocked, I should stay there til GL, right?

Pirate's Cove plus Large Nets is your silvermaking engine before GL, yes. Plus it'll give you stuff like Mystical Chest 02s (LNs and red shields and green cloaks) and Large Chest 03s (corn and honey) at intervals.

Spiked shells and sea dragons are salt and crab claws in the well, over and over. Gold drums aren't too bad if you can make/obtain Cat's Meows and spam mealworms, or just letting Grab Bag 07s add up over time.

Pounding Whispering Creek over and over with stamina bombs is also recommended, (a) for making oak by-products in your workshop, (b) to slowly gather raptor eggs so that raptors will give you lots of antlers each morning, and (c) it's the best place to grind Exploring up to 99 over time.

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
I just unlocked Whispering Creek and am a few days behind on pig farming to be able to complete Intruders Beware IV. My first 1b went to a level 6 macaw.

Is there anything to use my well tosses on that is coming up imminently? It looks like I'll need to get some pocket watches together and hope for a exchange center trade for 1 more rubber duckie or find excess cutlasses to toss. Otherwise, I don't see anything that is critical or even really sped-up on the near horizon. Am I missing anything?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

alecm posted:

Is there anything to use my well tosses on that is coming up imminently? It looks like I'll need to get some pocket watches together and hope for a exchange center trade for 1 more rubber duckie or find excess cutlasses to toss. Otherwise, I don't see anything that is critical or even really sped-up on the near horizon. Am I missing anything?

Check your Skull Coin count, make sure they're above 50. Also the Model Ship, and Gold Fins/Fliers/Coral.

Thanks to this, I wound up buying the Extra Wishes from Farm Supply. Also I suddenly see more value in the Macaw due to the Skeleton Keys. But yeah, I would love to funnel all of my stamina bombs into WC if only it wasn't for some quests needing odd things from outside of that. Unlikely Pair XV has me going for 400 Emberstone.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My shopping list to obtain the Tower Key is down to:
* 3 spiked shells and 2 sea dragons, so a nightly well reset
* 94 cotton
* 140 cabbage
* 80 broccoli
* 1100 corn
* 4.2b silver
* Pets building up runestones to 4 of each overnight, which should be trivial well before then
* and the nightly orchard reset.

Might get it tomorrow.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

T120 artifact is active now, reduced material requirements for cooking recipes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Anyone need any gold feathers?

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

Anyone need any gold feathers?

I still need hundreds for "Hold the Line I", but it doesn't look like a particularly interesting quest line 🤷‍♂️

Edit: it's not even a line, it's just than one quest and you get a mystical staff. :effort:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

NFX posted:

I still need hundreds for "Hold the Line I", but it doesn't look like a particularly interesting quest line 🤷‍♂️

Edit: it's not even a line, it's just than one quest and you get a mystical staff. :effort:

The Mystical Staff came from another questline but had no uses, so some people sold it. Then another quest came that required it, so they had to add another easy quest to give another one to make those folks not permanently screwed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NFX posted:

interesting or not, i gotta get rid of like 1,000 feathers so enjoy your mailbox.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

100 dragon skulls? eat my rear end, game.
(but thanks for the 40b silver reward for the quest just before this)

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

NFX posted:

I need about 500 for the same. Not in a hurry to finish it but I can use whatever you can throw my way.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

T120 artifact is active now, reduced material requirements for cooking recipes.

Pretty pants if you ask me, it’s not you’re going to be short of ingredients and stuff by the time you’re grinding cooking.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

monkeytennis posted:

Pretty pants if you ask me, it’s not you’re going to be short of ingredients and stuff by the time you’re grinding cooking.

I haven't really dived into cooking, since I don't have the attention span to spend hours monitoring it making sure I get Tasting and Seasoning done optimally, but aren't there some choke points like Honey that has limited people? I agree it's pretty lackluster (would have greatly appreciated some sort of automation instead), but it has *some* utility.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Big payout on this personal help request today:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Klungar posted:

I haven't really dived into cooking, since I don't have the attention span to spend hours monitoring it making sure I get Tasting and Seasoning done optimally, but aren't there some choke points like Honey that has limited people? I agree it's pretty lackluster (would have greatly appreciated some sort of automation instead), but it has *some* utility.

The only thing I’ve been constrained by is my willingness to cook bone broth in 7 minute increments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One thing remains that separates me from the Tower Key. And that thing is, of course,