Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Personally, I think it would be cool if he was totally immune to boops. See what happens.

This but only when his shield is up. So you can't Javelin Spin or Rocket Punch CC through his shield (though the damage would still apply) but if it's down, game on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I dunno if rein needs buffs or if Orissa is just a hard counter and is everywhere.

Personally, I think it would be cool if he was totally immune to boops. See what happens.

Orisa is a pretty hard counter to Rein.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that 50 hp off Fortify has actually had a big effect on my games, I feel like she is not as invincible as she was before

This'll change when people's muscle memory changes. Right now they'll be a ton of people dying when before they'd mentally have a timer of how long they can approximately be out for.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I dunno if rein needs buffs or if Orissa is just a hard counter and is everywhere.

rein being able to land the fattest shatter and kiriko being able to nullify it trivially is probably rein's biggest problem

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Even worse when you hit Kiriko but she throws it as it hits her so they get up anyway.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The problem I have with Orisa is she is too powercrept in her specific interactions with other heroes' abilities, possibly in part due to the fact that she was a redesigned hero, thus has one of the most recent kits where she gets special treatment. You can Javelin Spin a charging Rein to prevent him from pinning you, which is absolutely stupid. The javelin itself CCs in a game where CC was supposed to basically be removed. Why can you Orisa ult willy-nilly and not be sleep darted, but Sigma/Winston/Hog ulting can't be slept? It just doesn't really make sense how much she counters specific abilities relative to other heroes.

I guess this was always a bit of a problem, though, as she has always been able to fortify through Mei freeze for whatever reason when Mei freeze has never really needed a specific counter.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

orisa's kit is fine in concept imo they just need to finetune numbers for balance and specific niche interactions (e.g. rein pinning a spinning orisa)

their general ow2 design philosophy is to keep powerful CC mostly to ults and tank abilities and it works out fine

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

give rein a 50-100HP shield directly in front of him like brig's that exists while charging so he's not so stupidly easy to stun/sleep

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
give rein another hammer so i can play Dark Souls miniboss

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Inept posted:

give rein a 50-100HP shield directly in front of him like brig's that exists while charging so he's not so stupidly easy to stun/sleep

Let rein pick up one of your supports as a battering shield when you charge in

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

rein is probably on the verge of being out of control on points w/o verticality since there's less CC and blocking for shatter and it's just ridiculous poo poo like kiriko cleanse keeping him in check lol

the new rein charge cancel lets him be so much more threatening if you don't manage your cooldowns and positioning wisely

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

comedyblissoption posted:

rein is probably on the verge of being out of control on points w/o verticality since there's less CC and blocking for shatter and it's just ridiculous poo poo like kiriko cleanse keeping him in check lol

the new rein charge cancel lets him be so much more threatening if you don't manage your cooldowns and positioning wisely

love to charge people watch them begin to flee cancel then ult

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

comedyblissoption posted:

Nu rein gets eaten alive by focus fire though. He has zero threat at distance and if ana staggers her "gently caress you" abilities so Kiriko doesn't eat both hrs in for a real bad time.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Let Rein hold shield up, while charging.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
let torb put his turret on rein imo

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

verbal enema posted:

let torb put his turret on rein imo

Fully pimped out Rein with shield held high, with Torblet on head and 3 Symturrets on shoulders. Charging at you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Issaries posted:

Fully pimped out Rein with shield held high, with Torblet on head and 3 Symturrets on shoulders. Charging at you.

with a sprinkler system on top of his head spraying out moira heals

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im such a good hero designer

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Honestly I had no idea Orisa's javelin spin stopped Rein charges as I usually save my Fortify and pop it when I see him charging at me.

Remove spin's ability to stop his charges and also have his charge do ~100 damage if he charges a fortified Orisa while still preventing her from being moved, as a hulking armored goliath should still do some charge damage even if he's not moving her.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's much better to jav a charging rein since it's a lower cooldown and then you can rush in and save your fort for escaping from that melee or going even further in

Imo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Inept posted:

Sure if you turn the magnet off so when I jump away from it I don't get suck back in and killed

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Give Rein a fortify when he charges and reduce the charge CD if he stops it without hitting anything.

Zoom Rein S3 meta.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Just make Rein invincible and make his firestrike dispense medkits and candy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
The problem is ALL of the heroes need reworks as 5v5 changed way more than they thought.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just unfuck hog's hook dmg man thats all i ask

i loved getting an accidental snipe hook kill man why take that away loving blizzard

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

The problem is ALL of the heroes need reworks as 5v5 changed way more than they thought.

No, can't do. They have way more important things to do, like repackaging old skins to sell in the store or loving up the matchmaker.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
- Changed ranked matchmaking so that only one player per metal division (IE, 1 gold player, 1 silver player, 1 diamond player, etc) max can be on each team.

Is what I expect to see, and it still might lead to more balanced games than we have right now

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Literally every ability Orissa has counters Reinhardt abilities. She is the ultimate "stay the gently caress away from me" tank and rein has the shortest range of the short-range class.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
imma go play some reinhardt rn

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

verbal enema posted:

imma go play some reinhardt rn

Remember to literally charge past the orisa and just kill her backline.

If your team doesn't go with you they're loving cowards (and wrong if they complain).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Playing rein into orissa kind of sucks still but im seeing a lot pess of her atm so its hammer time

Malah
May 18, 2015

dogstile posted:

Remember to literally charge past the tank and just kill her backline.

If your team doesn't go with you they're loving cowards (and wrong if they complain).
This is how every tank works ime currently. They're not worth the time to engage if you can't get focus five on them, just shoot around them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah people would rather sit in front of it, get loving destroyed and then complain about their team.

It's cool tho, I'll keep collecting my free wins off of those people

Malah
May 18, 2015

dogstile posted:

Nah people would rather sit in front of it, get loving destroyed and then complain about their team.

It's cool tho, I'll keep collecting my free wins off of those people
I stumbled onto it two patches ago while JQ's "buff" also bugged her bleed to be reduced by armor.

Why bother hitting tanks I wouldn't get healing or ult charge off when I could go scare Kiriko into wasting suzu instead?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Honestly they should just go all the way with JQ and just give her the DPS passive instead of the Tank passive. While I'm at it, give rein a tiny speed boost for 2 seconds every time he uses an ability.

Real talk, I think Ball is actually really strong right now and just has a skill floor in the skybox. If Ball is getting buffs in s3, ball mains are gonna be eating good for a while

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ball is v good rn

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

ball is v good rn

I have no idea how I'm supposed to help him as a support though, maybe just rely on him to get medpacks and only heal him when he rolls up into my face? Following ball in is just a suicide mission.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Im not good at ball but i play him a lot and the only healing i ever really want during an engage is an ana nade on me when i pile drive if they have LoS. Usually shields keep me alive until i can perch behind cover next to my support or get to a med kit

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I have no idea how I'm supposed to help him as a support though, maybe just rely on him to get medpacks and only heal him when he rolls up into my face? Following ball in is just a suicide mission.

If you're not Ana or a good Mercy then he should be backing up to you for heals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

If you're not Ana or a good Mercy then he should be backing up to you for heals.

I am an Ana and I end up spending a lot of time trying to get into a point where I have LOS and end up just giving up, if he wants heals he can come to me. I also have no idea if ball players get any value out of nano but often there's no good other targets.

My experiments with Moira and Kiriko lead to the "never follow a ball in" rule.