Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
What's the best map for PC parts? Interchange back offices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
GPUs or parts in general? I've had good luck on streets but only found a single GPU yet.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

i think this yeah

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Customs can work too if you'd rather not deal with the survival horror that is Interchange. It has six PCs in a very small area on the boiler side. There's a van in a parking lot with two in the back, two in the upstairs office in the building right next to ZB-11, and two in the greenscreen room in the building with the USEC stash. There's also a reasonable chance of a loose graphics card spawn in the greenscreen room, under the table next to one of the PCs

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What’s this USEC stash in the green screen building…?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

What’s this USEC stash in the green screen building…?

I think it's downstairs, across the building from the green screen room. It requires a "USEC Stash" key.

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/USEC_stash_key

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Have they fixed the bug that makes all walk speeds the same sound or whatever it was yet?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Came in with the recommended silenced pp-19 and came out with my biggest win lmao. There was a war going on and I ended up killing the last guy that was alive.

Too many items to loot and too nervous to stick around longer. Didn't know what items are good either. Also was super lucky the boat extract was working on shoreline.

poe meater fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 28, 2023

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Wrr posted:

I think it's downstairs, across the building from the green screen room. It requires a "USEC Stash" key.

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/USEC_stash_key

Casual reminder that you can break the windows and jump into both USEC Stash rooms if you have a buddy with you.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Scav run Interchange, hit up the customer support kiosks in Oli, or the front office of Idea, the 2 PCs in the office next to vehicle extraction or the usual suspects with the shops. Or Customs boiler area, yeah.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
They did it, they reduced recoil.

https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1618537169731342336

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Why, what was wrong with the recoil?

There's also the other part of the patch notes:
https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1618537184465936386

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i bet they've been noticing retention dropoff worse than previous wipes and are trying to stem the bleeding. they make things a little more annoying and difficult every wipe start and it's probably hitting their numbers this time around

this wipe seems to have been quite a shitshow so it wouldn't surprise me if they're busting out the little baby carrots to keep us from continuing to leave

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Then they should fix the rubber banding on streets. It's annoying as hell

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Then they should fix the rubber banding on streets. It's annoying as hell

Or the audio on more than half the maps where none of the "sound boxes" have been redrawn at all and you get stuff like concrete step sounds on grass and vice versa, wood sounds out at scav camp on interchange, random sounds of gunshots snapping past like they're aimed at you, zero sounds from scavs shooting guns/walking, etc.

They broke a ton of poo poo this wipe to implement a sound system that everyone immediately disabled because binaural audio somehow ate like 25fps when enabled.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

omfg when did they make the sv-98 two cells tall gtfo bsg negative steam review incoming

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

omfg when did they make the sv-98 two cells tall gtfo bsg negative steam review incoming

They what

The SV-98's supposed to be a direct upgrade to most of the Moist Nugget's characteristics, isn't it. Why make it into a sidegrade.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This is a crime, Nikita is a criminal.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Kikas posted:

Why, what was wrong with the recoil?

It's just ridiculously overblown. I can take a MP-153 and fire it four-five times in rapid succession and my view will be aiming at the ceiling from the recoil.

I've fired a shotgun like this IRL and even my noodle-armed rear end can rapid fire and keep all shots on target, not the sky.

When I can fire a weapon better than my supposed hardened PMC, something is terribly wrong.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I don't think i have had a fight against another solo for a week now. Does everyone play in groups?

Customs at the moment is just duos+ running end-game gear.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

I don't think i have had a fight against another solo for a week now. Does everyone play in groups?

Same experience for me.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

Just reading comments in this thread has saved me from so much frustration in actually playing the game.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So I'm getting a "The game cannot be started. Please try again later." error and my server list is empty. Is this just a thing that happens when servers go down for maintenance, or did the game get fuckier than usual?

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Just maintenance, relax.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
New update is coming, patch notes here https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/171221-patch-notes-for-01302/

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh they fixed the audio od planes and audio im general. Plus rubberbanding on Streets.

...is Nikita reading the thread? :tinfoil:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Patch can be downloaded now, 951mb

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

looks like a bug in the new patch has set interface sounds to 100%, even if you have them muted, so be careful if you're used to lower volume so you don't blow out your ears. BSG knows about it and they're gonna hotfix it here shortly.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I feel like I'm having to relearn the game now sound is working.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I feel like I'm having to relearn the game now sound is working.

Has it actually "fixed" the atrocious sound that began with .13?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Oh yeah, it's 100% fixed from what I can see. I can't hear anyone anymore. Scavs etc, nobody. I keep walking into people now. It feels totally different..

Better obviously. But I need to relearn the game now, I may have to take a little break from it tbh.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Binaural seems to be mostly working until you go into the bunker on reserve and the entire area has a huge occlusion zone where all sound is muffled like they’re upstairs. GG

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

It's so nice not hearing people walking on gravel from 50ft away. Through a wall.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Binaural seems to be mostly working until you go into the bunker on reserve and the entire area has a huge occlusion zone where all sound is muffled like they’re upstairs. GG

Before the recent patch I was playing with binaural off (they definitely fixed the framerate issue that I was having with it at least), and that whole area was so messed up. Even from inside black or white pawn I was hearing these weird extremely loud steps from under the chopper in the bunker, it was just blasting the noise out everywhere. Not surprised it's still funky lol.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
This game needs a feature freeze and 2-3 patches of nothing but security and bug fixes. I’m really close to giving up on it and giving Ground Branch a go, but that’s been Early Access for 2018 so devil you know etc etc

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

completely agree that we need nothing but polish for awhile.

I'm still hoping they give up on the stupid rear end in-game traders and eventual open-world plans.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

completely agree that we need nothing but polish for awhile.

I'm still hoping they give up on the stupid rear end in-game traders and eventual open-world plans.

Funny thing, there was an SPT mod called Path To Tarkov. It was an attempt at open-world. The gist was that you had an initial start point in ZB-1011, and you needed to take specific extracts to get to each of the areas. Here's the map:

It gives a compromise in the form of "anything you bring in raid will be FIR when you exit". But yeah, an open world map is... probably not a good idea for Tapkob? Lotta raids that would hypothetically involve you having to Run Through just so you can hear Jaeger bitch and moan about your antics carry very pricey cargo to bumfuck nowhere.

Oh, and your Hideout/stash is only at the initial start, too. Only smaller, non-upgradeable stashes outside of that- if any. Good luck getting out of Reserve.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

widespread posted:

Funny thing, there was an SPT mod called Path To Tarkov. It was an attempt at open-world. The gist was that you had an initial start point in ZB-1011, and you needed to take specific extracts to get to each of the areas. Here's the map:

It gives a compromise in the form of "anything you bring in raid will be FIR when you exit". But yeah, an open world map is... probably not a good idea for Tapkob? Lotta raids that would hypothetically involve you having to Run Through just so you can hear Jaeger bitch and moan about your antics carry very pricey cargo to bumfuck nowhere.

Oh, and your Hideout/stash is only at the initial start, too. Only smaller, non-upgradeable stashes outside of that- if any. Good luck getting out of Reserve.

Would Tarkov still follow the raid model if it did get to the final open-world stage? I suppose it being a constant, living world would open up spawn camping.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The sound issues are boosted for me as I'm swimming in Comtacs. I swear, every time I Scavchange I find a pair in some random-rear end toolbox. Isn't this a bug? It's almost never in a stash, or a sportsbag, 90% of the time it's a toolbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Comtacs have always been found in toolboxes - they're not uncommon as construction worker / other extremely noisy worker gear (including military ofc)