Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Apologies about the fav spear being wrong, I was messing around in Abyss and I guess the effect triggered JUST before I swapped off her :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

omg I decided to go back to old unlocked story quests i've never finished, and Jeans still has that early release bizarre poo poo where the text and voices are completely wrong and also out of order

and, it has early, mellow Paimon

v--- nope, people still calling me he/him/his instead of she/hers

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 26, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Did they fix traveler's flip-flopping gender lol

Space Opera posted:

Apologies about the fav spear being wrong, I was messing around in Abyss and I guess the effect triggered JUST before I swapped off her :(

It was always too good to be true 😔✊️

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

omg I decided to go back to old unlocked story quests i've never finished, and Jeans still has that early release bizarre poo poo where the text and voices are completely wrong and also out of order

and, it has early, mellow Paimon

v--- nope, people still calling me he/him/his instead of she/hers

Jean's profile is still messed up in that she pronounces words/names before they had finalized the pronunciation. Or the voice director didn't know when the lines were recorded.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

She’s the best free pyro unit. Well, in terms of gameplay. She’s also the only real off field pyro applier in the game.

It’s Xiangling or setting the grass on fire and hoping the enemy run into it to be honest.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Reformat posted:

If Inazuma is any indication, the devs have a strong anti-war bent (which is good). So given that the Pyro Archon's domain is War, and considering there's been literally no Natlan npcs in the game at all so far, Murata might actually end up being The Actual Worst of the Seven, even compared to the Tsaritsa.

Yeah, that's a good point. Like I said, I think Nahida will remain the high mark for Archons, and that's only because she's a child relative to the others.

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

my xiangling is level 40 and only c2

i feel like i've failed her since apparently she's still one of the best pyro units in the game

Don't feel bad, my Fischl is still sitting at Lv. 1, but I didn't get her until very recently

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

feeling emotions over a god drat robot crab

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The robot is a very good boy

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The epilogue of the lanturn rite quests was really good, mihoyo is finally figuring out how to write scenes where characters play off each other and interact together. I hope we get to see some more Venti and Hu Tao shenanigans in the future, they are the best agents of good hearted chaos. Was this the first time we got to see Archons interacting? I can't remember if Venti and Zhongli had a scene in the bar tending event last year, or Venti and Ei at the Irodori event.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Tighnari is fantastic though and is similarly a big Dendro damage dealer. Really the major difference between the two is that Tighnari is more suited to single target while Al'haitham is better AoE. Tighnari also demands much less field time. If you are solely after Dendro DPS then Tighnari is worth your time.

Charged shot characters on a controller just really bug me, regardless of big numbers. Though his utility will at least be good for finding mats in sumeru.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Coolness Averted posted:

Charged shot characters on a controller just really bug me, regardless of big numbers. Though his utility will at least be good for finding mats in sumeru.

He's barely a charge attack character, his gimmick is that his "charge" attack takes .1 seconds to fire off multiple times during his skill.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Iron Sting refinements seems to work on Alhaithm, wouldn't that be way better than the silly umbrella?

Do Iron Sting refinements work for Shinobu hypberbloom dmg? I have no idea how to test something with so many steps and variables. If they don't I would be happy to throw the iron sting on Alhaithm and give the ugly umbrella to Shinobu. The iron sting isn't a great looking sword but it fits Alhaithm's swordmanship style nicely. Alhaithm looks baller with the xiphos moonblade but tough cookies because that sword is wasted on him.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Coolness Averted posted:

fff lost my 78 wish 50/50 pulll for Al to a Tighnari. It beats another Qiqi constellation, but doesn't actually get me anything. Oh well, I guess I'll try a dendro team some time around Nahida's banner rerun in Fontaine.

the sumeru radar alone is a really good consolation prize

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

Iron Sting refinements seems to work on Alhaithm, wouldn't that be way better than the silly umbrella?

Do Iron Sting refinements work for Shinobu hypberbloom dmg? I have no idea how to test something with so many steps and variables. If they don't I would be happy to throw the iron sting on Alhaithm and give the ugly umbrella to Shinobu. The iron sting isn't a great looking sword but it fits Alhaithm's swordmanship style nicely. Alhaithm looks baller with the xiphos moonblade but tough cookies because that sword is wasted on him.

The "damage bonus" stat doesn't affect "transformative" reactions like hyperbloom, so it doesn't matter which one kuki wears.

R5 iron sting maxes out at 24% damage bonus while umbrella gives 32%, so against a single target umbrella is always the best for Haitham. However, if you're hitting 2+ enemies at the same time R5 iron sting will outdamage it, since the umbrella debuff is only applied to one enemy at a time. R1 iron sting will beat it out at 3+ enemies.. Keep in mind that R5 iron sting also costs 5 sword billets while the umbrella is free.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 26, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

There's so much desert.Yaoyao has such good animations

Also (Jehtquest):It's pretty lame that I finally get a walking robot I can drive, and it just cutscenes itself into a goddamn hole and breaks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well the robot crab questline was sad, let's do this father-and-daughter pyramid adventure quest instea---

god loving drat it! :(

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

well the robot crab questline was sad, let's do this father-and-daughter pyramid adventure quest instea---

god loving drat it! :(

This is an outstanding combination of post and avatar. :allears:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

They should come out with a version of the spiral abyss that has requires 3 separate teams.
I have too many god drat characters, and I’m not even a whale.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Me doing the Lantern event quest after a looong time away from this game:
- Ok, click go to quest from the event tab, let's go.
- Follow the marker.
- Oh hey, Yelan is in this event?
- Lots of spy stuff going on, that's strange.
- Man, this introductory quest is really long.
- Hm, a dungeon.
- This is Yelan's Story Quest, isn't it.

In my defence, it was kind of interesting.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This game is hard as ever loving loving poo poo on mobile. Fights that are no sweat on PC like Childe I'm struggling to do with mobile controls. Like drat how do some people tolerate this.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm clearing out the new desert area and I'm not sure what the floating bottle really does. I've completed the questline so it's at full power or whatever, but sometimes it sends out a red pulse seemingly at random and I don't know what the sandstorm devices change exactly. "Halt sandstorm" doesn't seem to do anything.

Also it's clear that it'll expand to the northeast in a future patch since there are still dendroculi to find and there are some assets in that direction but you can't go there.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Zenostein posted:

Kinda like how if you want to see if that locked artifact you have laying around is actually any good or if you can mulch it, the "HEY THIS IS LOCKED DID YOU KNOW IT'S LOCKED" message covers half the stats.

Late to the party here, but couldnt not comment on this because IT'S SO loving ANNOYING. This is why I'm never getting around to mulching locked artifacts, of which I have way too many.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

They should come out with a version of the spiral abyss that has requires 3 separate teams.

Yeah shove an extra three floors on the end that are 10-12 difficulty but with three teams, thanks.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Pulled a Skyward Blade out of nowhere on the Standard Banner. Not unhappy with an unexpected 5* but who is this even good on? Spreadsheet says it may be better than Sac Sword on Xingqiu but I think it would feel weird not being able to double-E for a ton of energy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a pretty okay statstick for benny and jean.

in terms of characters who actually do damage, if you ever roll ayaka, it's pretty okay on her.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Yeah I'd like this since i can make like 4 teams at this point

otoh restarting a floor from the 3rd chamber when someone eats it might be painful

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Instead of making Abyss more annoying, you could just rotate the teams you use?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah shove an extra three floors on the end that are 10-12 difficulty but with three teams, thanks.
three teams? I have 55 characters I'd want at least ten.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

haypliss posted:

I do! Tried to 3 star abyss 12 with a Qiqi carry. Failed by 15 seconds :(

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I've been having some fun doing Abyss using weird teams lately. Latest one I used Ayato mono hydro and Klee mono pyro. Never heard about reactions in my life.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Mix up the number of party members for some floors.

Give me a two person floor followed by a 7 person.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They had a wave-based event semi recently where you had to rotate out 1 or 2 members of the team in each subsequent wave which was neat and fun.

Make that the normal abyss behavior, or just give us a multiplayer endless abyss already so there's some semblance of actual coop in the """endgame""".

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Make a mega-brawl event where you have minimum 3, maximum 12 seconds each, with your entire roster, rotating through in order.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Make a mega-brawl event where you have minimum 3, maximum 12 seconds each, with your entire roster, rotating through in order.

now we're talking

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Is this before or after you play your opponent in the card game

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is this before or after you play your opponent in the card game

After, but before you do that weird flying in the air and shooting magic(?) blasts at stormterror again

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

They had a wave-based event semi recently where you had to rotate out 1 or 2 members of the team in each subsequent wave which was neat and fun.

Make that the normal abyss behavior, or just give us a multiplayer endless abyss already so there's some semblance of actual coop in the """endgame""".

That event was goddamn awful for newer players. I was just barely able to get the primo awards even with then few lv 80-90 characters.

Less loving arena endgame content, more procedurally generated rougelike stuff, please.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't think Haitham is turbo strong but I get why a lot of people like him. You kind of just turn spread on and hit away and it works, I remember wanting a character that just does sword attacks on field back in 2021. I'm gonna go Haitham/Fischl/Kuki/Yelan which lets me keep Cyno/Nahida/Beidou/Xingqiu for the other side.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

haypliss posted:

Yeah, the whole point of all of those rotating perks and penalties -including some that change from floor to floor- is to encourage different teams. The fact you can just smash through everything with certain high powered comps is a sign of how much higher the power ceiling is vs the floor required to play. Which makes sense, since so much of what you have is RNG dependent and the game has to be playable with the terrible phone controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I don't think Haitham is turbo strong but I get why a lot of people like him. You kind of just turn spread on and hit away and it works, I remember wanting a character that just does sword attacks on field back in 2021. I'm gonna go Haitham/Fischl/Kuki/Yelan which lets me keep Cyno/Nahida/Beidou/Xingqiu for the other side.

Seriously though how the gently caress do you people get your hands on poo poo like +30% crit substats while I've managed maybe +15% crit or +20% critD tops all of around four times and only one of those was on the same artifact. And I've been farming this poo poo for months or years...

:negative: