Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Today the Laker bench is 5-16. I guess it's Lebron's fault!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s like 38

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The bench sucks lol

You don't seem to understand the idea that a bench can be full of bad players or good players it's not entirely a star's league

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1618043627292491776

The NBA needs to stop back-to-backs and shorten the season this is getting ridiculous

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Make nationally televised games count as two wins.

Spread TV games out evenly over all the teams. No cherry-picking for rivalries, let rivalries grow naturally over competing for a bigger prize.

That's a stupid idea but the thing it's trying to address is "integrity of the product" – or is the face of the franchise going to appear in the game if his picture is on the ticket I just bought?

It is neither the stars' nor the coaches' prerogative to give the ticket holder entertainment, theirs is to win a Championship. It's the team front office's responsibility to be truthful in their marketing and it's on the league to decide whether the regular season actually matters when the playoffs arrive and completely rewrite the format.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Steven Adams out 3-5 weeks

Kings can make a play at the 2 seed back only 3.5 after obliterating Memphis by 30+. Seems like the NBA gods are injuring all teams but Sacramento lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

man the west stinks again

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

It's just injuries this year but the East is definitely better at the top

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://cdn-cf-east.streamable.com/...EYUVEN4EVB2OKEQ

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Bev is the funniest nba player of all time

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
🙄

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

And the NBA will never play less games because owners want those ticket sales and the Union will never bargain for it because why would they, coaches are gonna sit the stars and stars sitting is more minutes for the non-stars. Sure does suck for fans to show up and not see the stars though.

Reminds me seeing one of Darko Milicic's starts when he was briefly with the Wolves. Their stars that year were Al Jefferson and a young Kevin Love, both of whom sat that night. I've literally never seen a more boring pro game in my life, and it was a blowout loss (because of course it was). Normally at least going to games is fun, even if we lose because there's a good atmosphere but holy poo poo that was the deadest stadium I have ever been in.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I just remembered an old NBA meme: you've been snatched by bookies and are going to be killed unless a player (at their peak) that shares your birthday scores 30 in a game. here's a site that lets you look up all NBA/ABA/WNBA players birthdays

I think I’m safe cause I have Kobe (who will score 60 just to stunt on my kidnappers) and Seth Curry backing him up who's probably done it a few times

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 25, 2023

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The highest PPG of players who share my birthday is LaPhonso Ellis with 11.9, but luckily for me the legendary PJ Tucker is also on the list so I think I'll be just fine :cool:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
drat PJ's highest game total is 24. RIP :(

e: Ellis did it 8 times, all in the first three months of 1997. since you get him at his peak you have a shot

e2: that's 8x in 40 games, 20% chance!

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 25, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

embiid hates Simmons so much

I love it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Maxey should win 6th man of the year if he keeps playing like this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its been a sick game. Hope the nets can actually pull this off but hell the poo poo talking is good enough for me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah it’s been a high effort / quality game

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Claxton plays loving incredible D on Embiid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I haven’t seen that

they have been in zone forever anyway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you are right on the fronting yeah

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm ready to lol @ philly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

earlier claxton got his own oreb and put it away. Love it..finish what you start

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah Claxton is doing well

I forgot totally that harden played for Brooklyn lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Claxton and Curry are playing out of their minds but it's not enough

I feel like Nets are the best team on paper with Durant

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maxey !!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg kyrie is cold

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has Simmons played in the 4th?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kyrie is insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

has Simmons played in the 4th?

maybe for a minute

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

does Brooklyn foul here

I guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah Brooklyn is legit

they should trade Simmons tho if they can

east again has the best 4 teams at the moment.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I just got D'Anthony Melton for my fantasy team before tonight's game and he's doing wonders for me =)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

easy win

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol Embiid shot a three just after the buzzer just for fun that went in. oh well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that hurts. Ah well. KD will be back any day now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Claxton emerging as a credible big makes that team work

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

76ers now 3 back of Boston and only 2 back in the loss column. Hoping for that peak toxicity Denver-76ers finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

76ers now 3 back of Boston and only 2 back in the loss column. Hoping for that peak toxicity Denver-76ers finals

1pm Saturday is our preview