Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Evil Willow posted:

AITB for telling my boyfriend to stop kissing and hugging every woman in front of him and that I don't care if is a cultural thing?

This is very normal in South America, according to the comments. (Edit to add, I do not disbelieve this is very normal for many cultures, but my wording sounded off in my head.)
Good edit; it's difficult to use the word "normal" on the D.G.C.F. without seeming sarcastic.

Cedarbridge posted:

Ex-Girlfriend sounds impulsive and needy.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for asking someone to not eat peanuts next to me(I’m allergic)?

buy me some peanuts and cracker jack

AITA because I have serious doubts about the peanut allergy level she claims to have?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

AITA because I have serious doubts about the peanut allergy level she claims to have?

yes

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Doctor Butts posted:

Yes this is a real and not really that uncommon thing

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mellow Seas posted:

Anybody got odds that the "fraudulent charges" are actually the slob husband getting up to some shady poo poo?

are you suggesting that the chronically lazy jackass who doesn't know the value of his wife's money might have "forgotten" some charges that he made to the joint account? naaahhhhh

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Olewithmilk posted:

Keep "rambunctious" animals away from small babies, the other daughter shouldn't have dogs if she can't look after them 50% of the time.

She shouldn't have dogs if she can't afford either a dog/house sitter or a boarding kennel and needs to travel regularly.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

carry on then posted:

Oh good, at least they'll be spared having to listen to him loudly shake his blender bottle half way through meetings.

How much protein does this nimrod think he's getting from 4-5 tablespoons of butter, at least with multiple bananas
he's sure regular!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

Yes that's super weird to not believe someone who says they have an allergy. We see it all the time in this very thread!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

mllaneza posted:

As a general rule of thumb, if a co-worker can smell what you're doing, STOP.

Sometimes a fart just slips out tho

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

AITA for refusing to eat what is cooked for me, 90% of the time?

quote:

spaghetti, beef stew, pot roast of any kind, mashed potatoes (whipped are okay sometimes), meat loaf, Salisbury steak, brussel sprouts, califlower, etc etc

quote:

most of the foods I listed either make me vomit or go right through me

This is like some sort of terrible puzzle. What's the common thread between these foods? What would cause someone to have a physical reaction to mashed but not whipped (seriously is this not basically the same thing?) potatoes?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is like some sort of terrible puzzle. What's the common thread between these foods? What would cause someone to have a physical reaction to mashed but not whipped (seriously is this not basically the same thing?) potatoes?

this is the key phrase in this one:

quote:

My mom didn't do that growing up and I was forced to eat foods that made me ill.

loving with kids and food is a sure fire way to mess up someone's relationship with food

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

uranium grass posted:

Yes that's super weird to not believe someone who says they have an allergy. We see it all the time in this very thread!

Nah, I know that people can be really allergic to peanuts. I guess I'm just imagining what sporting even this could have been and the place would be absolutely rife with peanuts- whether it be cracker jacks, a bag of peanuts, peanut M&M's, etc. I would just be really scared if I was that allergic to do that sort of thing.

Like, who needs to be accommodated in that instance? Could she have just asked the usher for a new seat further away? How far away do they need to be to be safe if switching seats wasn't enough?

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 26, 2023

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

Yep. Airborne allergies are very real, and that level of severity is not at all uncommon for peanuts especially. Mastication of the allergen in close proximity is absolutely going to throw enough particulate that someone with that severe of an allergy could have a life threatening reaction. Source: I'm a person with exactly that sort of allergy.

The allergic person is still the rear end in a top hat in that story, though. It was fine for them to explain their allergy and ask the folks to not eat the allergen near them, but they're in a public place for voluntary reasons, so when the people decline, you move your allergic rear end. It's probably smarter to just move anyway and not take the exposure time while chatting, but if they want to risk the exposure of sticking around to ask first, that's between them, their doctor, and their Epipen.

Edit because I just saw Dr Butts' edit:

Doctor Butts posted:

Nah, I know that people can be really allergic to peanuts. I guess I'm just imagining what sporting even this could have been and the place would be absolutely rife with peanuts- whether it be cracker jacks, a bag of peanuts, peanut M&M's, etc. I would just be really scared if I was that allergic to do that sort of thing.

Like, who needs to be accommodated in that instance? Could she have just asked the usher for a new seat further away? How far away do they need to be to be safe if switching seats wasn't enough?

Yeah, the ballfield isn't exactly where I'd want to be with that particular allergy. Mine is to a different food, but it's a complete bummer and pain in the rear end to always work around, so you just have to accept that you'll be exposed sometimes and prepare for it. I still try to mitigate by avoiding places that are likely to be armpits deep in my allergen, though. Idk how far away is far enough for the OP, and honestly, it's entirely possible that they don't either. No doctors have been able to give me a really good metric because there are too many factors involved. Being outside or in a really large area is better than a small enclosed one, being more than a couple feet away is better than closer, etc, but the amount of the allergen, if it's being chewed, if it's in a form that naturally throws more particulate, if your body is hypersensitive because of another recent exposure, blahblah. It's not set in stone. I err on the side of what a lot of people probably think is extreme caution usually, but sometimes you do just have to accept that there is a measure of danger just leaving the house, you know?

cake bunny fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 26, 2023

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

cake bunny posted:

The allergic person is still the rear end in a top hat in that story, though. It was fine for them to explain their allergy and ask the folks to not eat the allergen near them, but they're in a public place for voluntary reasons, so when the people decline, you move your allergic rear end.

Yea this is the whole reason why I doubted their level of allergy, not because I didn't know it could be that bad, but because you'd think someone in her situation would be aware of all these risks and know what they need to do to get out of danger.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Evil Willow posted:

AITB for telling my boyfriend to stop kissing and hugging every woman in front of him and that I don't care if is a cultural thing?

This is very normal in South America, according to the comments. (Edit to add, I do not disbelieve this is very normal for many cultures, but my wording sounded off in my head.)

I think hugging the homies is common in all sorts of places. I worked with a guy named Vlad that was a giant teddy bear, and would do the kiss on the cheek / hugging thing. I'm not sure where he was from. I'd guess Russia, but it could have been another place over yonder too.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think hugging the homies is common in all sorts of places. I worked with a guy named Vlad that was a giant teddy bear, and would do the kiss on the cheek / hugging thing. I'm not sure where he was from. I'd guess Russia, but it could have been another place over yonder too.

What about kissing the homies goodnight?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Yeah there is a LOT of missing information, and the way he words it makes it sound like he sought out the book separately, because he was already taking an econ class.

All the comments are saying that he's NTA because "she should listen to other perspectives" and "she shouldn't be screaming at you" while I'm wondering 1, what really happened, and 2, was this the last straw of him being an absolute rear end in a top hat about things.

Also it's telling that shes angry at him for this specific audiobook, as opposed to "a book I need to read for school".

My guess is this isn't the first time he has tried to subtly get his girlfriend to listen/absorb/be exposed to some of that right-wing pseudo-intellectual bullshit. And she seems clued in to all of it and has told him repeatedly to knock it off.

So this latest flare up is a case of "I've told you I don't want to listen to that poo poo because I think it is wrong and harmful. Please don't put it on during our shared road trip." But this dumbarse kept pushing, so got yelled at and hopefully broken up with.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Johnny Truant posted:

Here's one of my favourite questions though: if you could only use one condiment for the rest of your life, what would it be? Mine is soy sauce, no contest

Mustardayonnaise, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for asking my boyfriend not to vape in public?

quote:

Myself (F25) and my boyfriend (M35) went on a date to a movie screening at a local café. I noticed at some point in the middle of the movie that he was hitting his Breeze (nicotine vape). I thought about it for a minute, before I leaned over and whispered “Hey, please don’t do that in here. You can go to the bathroom or outside.”

He replied “No.” and shook his head multiple times. He continued to vape. I was a little bit shocked at how bold his response was. I waited, thought about it more. He started ripping the vape more rapidly, so I said one more time, “Hey, please stop. The business owner is here and I don’t think they would appreciate it.” He again refused and told me he thinks I’m ridiculous and that it’s not up to me to “make the rules.”

I felt it was just basic housekeeping/respect not to vape indoors in a public space when you’re unsure of whether the establishment would mind or not. He felt he had a right to vape, and clearly it was his priority. I was pretty embarrassed at the whole thing, especially his response. I have a shared network with the business owner and there is a possibility of collaboration with them for art/business in the future. Since he was my guest, I felt his behavior could have an impact on the owner’s impression of me. I also wanted to respect the space and the other patrons.

He maintains that “nobody gave a f***” and “Just because you wanted me to stop doesn’t mean I have to.” Clearly! I felt disrespected and uncomfortable with the whole thing. This is one of many incidents of arguing/disagreements between us, but it felt extra lame/inconsiderate. I also think he’s way too old to be doing this. Not sure if we’ll be going out anymore.

He is still asking me to explain what was disrespectful about the situation, even though I already have more than once, and insists that there was nothing wrong with his behavior.

AITA?! 😬

huh, i wonder why this absolute prize has to date women a decade younger than himself

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for asking my boyfriend not to vape in public?

huh, i wonder why this absolute prize has to date women a decade younger than himself

"Nobody gave a gently caress, except you, but your feelings don't count in this relationship."

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I vote for poor hygiene or sanitation. Maybe in combination to a person's innards going 'I remember mash potatoes made me vomit once so I will make the stomach reject it next time I encounter mash potatoes.'.

Though I can understand having to eat a certain food item so much that you can no longer eat it, regardless of it making you sick. That's yogurt for me, because it was 50 cents each and I needed something to eat everyday. After a year of that for almost every meal, I just can't swallow it anymore. Don't be poor.

Here's a good mash potato story.

AITA for refusing to finish eating my mashed potatoes?
Not the A-hole

quote:

Throwaway, names changed. My husband “Tom” (M48) and I (F47) have been married over 20 years. I became severely disabled about 11 years ago and am unable to cook anymore. Tom does all the grocery shopping and cooking. He’s a great cook, however, the other day he served me homemade mashed potatoes with a spice that turns my stomach. He said he only put a teaspoon of Mrs. Dash in it, but to me it ruined the whole thing.

He’s known for years I detest that seasoning but he really likes it. I took one bite, made a grimace, and stopped eating the mashed potatoes. I told him they tasted weird. He got very upset, saying that he’s put it in other foods that I claimed to rave about in the past, but I know I would’ve detected it. Then he turned around and said he didn’t really do that. Then he said he shouldn’t be expected to make one pot of potatoes just for me and another pot just for him. I said he should be able to add Mrs. Dash to his own serving.

I rarely complain about the meals over the years that he’s cooked, like when it’s burnt or he piles too much food on the plate and I’m not that hungry. Tom knows what I like and somehow he had forgotten about Mrs. Dash. He’s been barely speaking to me for the past three days, and I feel bad for hurting his feelings because he went through so much trouble to make them (and so much trouble to take care of me). AITA for speaking up about my spice preference and refusing to eat the rest of my mashed potatoes?

UPDATE

Thank you for your concerns about this “being more than mashed potatoes.” One of his joys is cooking so that’s not a problem, and ours is a mutually beneficial relationship. I am a legally blind 98-lb woman who contributes to the household and doesn’t need 24/7 hands-on care. I tire easily and sleep much of the day. I may not be the best at chores but I can dust, fold clothes, cut up vegetables, pour food into the dog and cat bowls, and so many other things. I do the meal planning and pay the bills. I’m not totally useless.

Today we had a lovely discussion after apologizing to each other. He promised to try his best to remember that Mrs. Dash should only be added to his plate, and he felt he had overreacted to my aversion. We are best friends which is why the three days of near silence truly bothered me. He is my caregiver, a compassionate one, who is also a CNA who gets paid to take care of me. Before becoming disabled I was the sole breadwinner. Now I'm on disability.

Part of our fun together is getting out of the house to go driving in the countryside and having picnics. That has become cost prohibitive as well as our groceries on our tight budget. He was worrying about wasting food, a bill payment possibly being delayed through the post office, and medical expenses. Plus, he really wants to go back to school again to become a registered nurse but that’s on indefinite hold. Our communication is flowing freely once more. I love this man and deeply respect all he does for me and I show my gratitude in more ways than one. Again, thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I do appreciate you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Barudak posted:

Lmao lil libertarian about to get put back on the free market

Notice how the libertarian doesn't provide his girlfriend's age

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for telling my son he has to go to university, get a job, or get out?

quote:

My wife and I have three children. They are 17, 15, and 10.

My oldest has no intention to do anything after high school. At least none he has made clear to us.

So I gave him the same ultimatum my parents gave me. Either go to university, get a job, or GTFO. I chose to travel the world for two years. I had a lot of sailing experience and my father had a lot of friends in that community so I was able to sail around the world earning money and working my rear end off. It wasn't a two year vacation.

My family is well off and I could have chosen an indolent life. But I knew I would be a disappointment if I chose that. So when I got back I enrolled in university and eventually went to work for the family business.

My wife thinks that I'm being unfair to our poor baby boy throwing him out into the world. I'm not. We have the money to pay for his university. We have the money for all three kids.

My middle child will probably end up with a good chunk of it in her pocket. She is on track for an academic as well as a golf scholarship.

The 10 year old is 10 and who knows what's he's going to do. But he knows the plan. We have not been secretive about this rule.

My wife and I agreed that we would raise productive members of society before we got engaged.

Her and my son think I'm being cruel to expect him to fend for himself at 18. I have offered him multiple opportunities to do other things. He has no interest in anything beyond his computer.

I am at a loss. I don't think I'm wrong for expecting an adult to adult. My parents have already told him that they will not be giving him any money if he isn't in school or working. My wife is threatening to use her salary to support him. I don't have any say in that. I won't actually kick him out of the house but I will stop paying his bills and cut off our grocery budget by 20%. If she wants to work so he doesn't have to there is nothing I can do about that.

AITA for not letting my daughters boyfriend move in

quote:

I 38m am married to my wife Joanne(36) and have been for the past 9 years. We have a 7 year old daughter together, Aurora. I also have 2 daughters from a previous relationship (Bella13, Amberfifth teen) I recently was granted full custody of my girls 4 months ago(my ex was alcoholism took a turn for the worst.) The kick is, Amber is 7 months pregnant.

Amber is working a pretty much full time job and doing online school, and her boyfriend Carl16 works as well doing roofing and other renovations with his uncle. They have a stable plan, making good money put together, and I emotionally support them despite their young ages and poor choices, what’s happened has already happened.

This past week Amber asked me about Carl moving in so he could help take care of her and the baby when it’s born. Carl is really good guy, but I didn’t like that idea. I told her no, I wasn’t comfortable with that. She got upset and started to beg and said she already is having a baby with him. I told her no again and that I wasn’t comfortable with that because of her 2 sisters, and that he was welcomed over anytime Joanne or I was home. I told her maybe he could even sleepover some nights if we were both off that night after the baby is born.

She got really upset and said she hates me and wish she could move back in with mom, she’s been cold to me since. This really upset me but I’m just not comfortable with him moving in. I offered alternatives and even am considering letting him sleepover. Aita

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 26, 2023

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for freaking out at my cousin?

Yea, I can understand why you removed that one because that should be a call to CPS. :stonk:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Baronjutter posted:

My friend got a Honda fit and then my neighbour got a Fit as well, so then I got one and another friend got one. It's fun all having the same car. Now a rival gang has formed of friends all buying Foresters. It's fun going to an event and parking all in a row. Why would anyone be upset at this?

I think I might be the only 20-something in my city who drives neither a forester nor a honda fit.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

FMguru posted:

WIBTA if I offered to pay for my sister's college tuition even though our parents don't want her to go off to college?

Good bro, looking out for his little sis.

This one is striking for me for how honest the parents are.

"We want you to parent your sister, so we will refuse to help you do anything you actually want to do that might help you better your life."

Also, good brother for helping his little sister.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LETS GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Kuros posted:

Yea, I can understand why you removed that one because that should be a call to CPS. :stonk:

Dug around on this one and it seems they are in Mexico, hope they can still get some help because it's really bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also, just saying it because it amuses me, Hayek was pro universal healthcare and universal basic income.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA with my wife for getting another cat when we have a 4month old?

quote:

Me and wife got married about 4 years ago. My mother was never fond of my wife and made little of her a lot the way she dressed, the way she acted, her ethnicity (we are both white but my wife is Eastern European white so she has a tinted kind of white) she would also call over uninvited which annoyed us to no end. So about 6 months before we got married I told my wife we should get a cat

Why? She asked

My mom is allergic it would keep her away and give us more privacy

That’s so evil but also I love it was her response

So we did some research looked around some shelters for a few weeks and found a year old cat which we adopted and named Tedder after my favourite singer (Ryan Tedder. Yes I’m a Onerepublic fan sue me) it worked and she stayed away but kept complaining about it.

We then got pregnant and she gave birth 4 months ago to our son. It has annoyed my mother to no end that she can’t drop in unannounced and she has to call and set up a time so we can put our cat out of the room and hit the furniture with a lint roller. My mother in law calls before she arrives and will even call a week or so ahead so as not to impose.

We had thought about getting another car for a while and decided to go for it so we adopted a kitten and named it Swift after my wife’s favourite singer. My mother doesn’t like this and says we only got cats to keep her away and that it is unsafe for our baby (he’s not allergic we got him tested) because they are vicious. Our cats are fine they don’t live together just yet as we are still in the introduction period for them. Tedder loves our son she watches him from atop our bookshelf and has never tried attacking him but we still supervise them both just in case. We aren’t keeping my mom away for ever we only want her to give us notice like a day or so. There was another cat story I seen on this sub yesterday but I can’t find it now about a roommates cat I never got to read it so apologies if they are similar

But Reddit are we assholes for getting and keeping cats

Edit: We are taking good care of them they get cleaned out regularly have food and water and get let out for a run round our garden my wife loves to take Tedder into the office when she works because he loves to sleep on top of the filling cabinet and she says her purrs are therapeutic. Swift is still separated from Tedder by a baby gate cause we don’t want Tedder to feel her territory is being invaded so we let them interact through it. We also swap their toys occasionally and their beds we plan to let them into the same room soon though

We don’t plan to get anymore cats and we tried setting boundaries with my mother but she never listens we told her if she didn’t stop that when our son was born she would get limited contact or no contact if she kept up she’s currently on limited thanks to the cats. When it was just Tedder she would sneak around and scare her off having the second cat is not only good for Tedder but good for keeping her away we love them both

Apologies for no cat tax I’ve asked my wife to send me some photos of them as all I have are my son my cows or my tractors I don’t actually have any cat ones surprisingly

slowly going no contact with mom by getting a cat for every room of the house

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for joining my ex and his fiancé on their honeymoon?

quote:

I 30/f dated a guy (30) in high school. Nothing serious and remained friends for years after and especially through his engagement. No romantic feelings remained for either of us but we still hang out, ironically enough ballroom dancing is our thing (I know I know). I recently attended their wedding and there was no drama.

Anyways after the wedding, the couple and I discussed how we would both be in Miami, me to see a friend, and they on their honeymoon and I suggested we spend a few days together before they boarded a cruise for the 2nd part of their honeymoon. When I arrived in town I called him up and the 3 of us spent three days together.

I had a great time, after they boarded I spent time with my friend in Miami and left. The next week I was speaking to my sister, she’s much older, we don’t talk that often but she was in town and casually mentioned about Miami, and my ex. She blew up at me and said it was extremely inappropriate that the guy would invite me, his ex, to his wedding let alone I would join them for multiple days on their honeymoon. I explained everyone was fine with it and she should cool it.

Anyway we had a huge fight and just saying how gross I was even though the guy and his wife and I enjoyed each others company. She asked if it a 3 some situation and I said she was being vulgar, and of course it wasn’t. I admit it’s odd but didn’t think there was anything inappropriate since everyone seemed cool…but AITA?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

I love the idea of forcing the overbearing mom out of your life by just getting a cat. And there's a lot of cat owners who'd say that having two cats is better than one - it's not that much more work and the cats can play together.

But also what the gently caress, just grow a spine and seriously enforce your boundaries. You don't need a pet to tell someone to stop showing up at your drat house, you just need a good lock and the fortitude to not open the drat door.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my son he has to go to university, get a job, or get out?
I saw this one on Reddit itself and read the Dad's comments and this 'ultimatum' is about as open as you can possibly imagine. It's not the usual AITA fodder where the parents are trying to shove their kid into a specific career, it's just that Dad wants the son to do basically anything except sit at home 24/7 - any job counts even retail or fast food, any form of education (not just college but also trade school or training or etc), volunteering, etc. Basically Dad just doesn't want some silver spoon failson who just plays games at home living off family money.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Doctor Butts posted:

Yea this is the whole reason why I doubted their level of allergy, not because I didn't know it could be that bad, but because you'd think someone in her situation would be aware of all these risks and know what they need to do to get out of danger.

If you're allergic to peanut particulate then why would you go to a place where people are probably going to be tossing peanuts and empty shells on the floor, and there's no guarantee what, if anything of that is going to be swept up? Particularly if it's an outdoor game, someone 3 sections away could be cracking open peanuts and getting that dust blown into your face.

There's also no guarantee they don't use peanut oil for frying.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

the holy poopacy posted:

AITA for refusing to eat what is cooked for me, 90% of the time?

I read through most of her comments, she commented a poo poo ton.

• she cooks almost every night and makes her kids and husband all of the things she says she can't eat, and then makes herself something different
  • he's a chef in a high end restaurant so doesn't want to cook and only makes easy comfort food when she insists that he cook, usually spaghetti or meatloaf
  • she says he knows what she can eat and can't eat but when someone asks if she's given him a list or actually talked to him, she has not. He should just know because they've been together since they were teenagers
  • she takes a while to say what she actually eats, she says she eats: rice, chicken, steak, most meat, Mac and cheese. but she can't eat pasta (what does she think mac and cheese is...)

She repeats herself a lot but never explains really what she normally eats, why she doesn't just make everyone the same food she eats, or why she won't just talk to him about it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Kurieg posted:

If you're allergic to peanut particulate then why would you go to a place where people are probably going to be tossing peanuts and empty shells on the floor, and there's no guarantee what, if anything of that is going to be swept up? Particularly if it's an outdoor game, someone 3 sections away could be cracking open peanuts and getting that dust blown into your face.

There's also no guarantee they don't use peanut oil for frying.

Because they want to participate in society and being outside and touching the grass?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I (33F) just realized condoms were missing from my husbands(31M) drawer. Is his excuse legit?

quote:

I’ll try to keep this brief. I realized a few of the condoms my husband keeps in his nightstand drawer were missing. We do not use condoms when we have sex and haven’t for many years. I asked him about it and he got visibly nervous and told me he knows they are missing and it is because he sometimes uses them when he masturbates. I asked him why then would they only be missing NOW? (the same number of condoms had been in that drawer for years) and he said it’s because he doesn’t always have the time to masturbate the way he would when he needs to use them? And his follow up reason was that it takes more time.

I have never in my life come across this before. Men of Reddit, does this sound legit to you or am I being bullshitted?

also in the junk drawer: half a pack of corroded AA batteries, a tube of CA glue that dried up some time in the '90s, one of those socket screwdrivers (but none of the heads that came with it), and a packet of shrimp ramen flavoring

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

AITA for refusing to finish eating my mashed potatoes?

I am a legally blind 98-lb woman

What does her weight have to do with anything? :confused:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Foo Diddley posted:

General Bullshit > r/relationships: all I have are my son my cows or my tractors

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

the holy poopacy posted:

AITA for refusing a person a plate after they showed up uninvited?

this carbonara has too much sriracha on it, who made this garbage?!

five. loving. dinners.

that happens once they never get past the threshold again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wrong, goober. Real men only use the soap that's also a toothpaste, floor cleaner, and laundry detergent

most correct post on the forums right here folks don't miss out