Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

does tff:ct have suggestions for a decent work laptop backpack?

prefer simple over like a BILLION pockets

if it could double as a good day pack that'd be a bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Braksgirl posted:

That's probably not true.

what if he took his shirt off a lot

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Karl Urban as Superman but he really goes all in playing Clark as a dork.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

I haven't watched the WB shows in a long time so I've only seen clips of the Superman they got for them but he seems pretty good at this

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Perfection.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

He would never be a filthy Supe.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I got given a 5.11 rush 12 backpack as a gift and it's got a laptop protection bit and you can expand what it holds by quite a bit opening the clips.

It also has a soft compartment for glasses and hidden ones for your wallet etc.

Has really well made straps that sinch up nice and snug if it has some weight in it too..

Mines my every day bag but I've taken it on long hikes and weekends away as my main luggage etc. You can open it right out like a suit case to pack poo poo really carefully if you want to.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

T-Square posted:

He would never be a filthy Supe.

:hmmyes:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

https://roadrunnerbags.us/collections/backpacks/products/medium-anything-backpack

I use one of these. handles my 16" mbpro just fine, is great for traveling and because of the roll top has a flexible capacity.

another bag i've used and really liked and wound up becoming the family day hiking bag was a patagonia 24l. that appears to only have been available to swag manufacturers. i got mine as company swag.

mission also makes really good bags tho their laptop/not bike bag is always sold out and hard to get. https://missionworkshop.com/collections/laptop-bags/products/rhake-laptop-backpack

i have a vandal from them that is quite nice that not super geared towards laptop use.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 26, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

I swear by Peak Design. I have both a larger Everyday Backpack and a smaller Everyday Zip. I am usually carrying camera gear so I like the modular inserts that let me change how I use the interior space.

If that’s too technical looking/you don’t like the modular interior, Bellroy makes some good stuff too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Timbuk2 makes a nice laptop bag in a variety of configurations, and you can customize a lot of the individual colors separately on most of their bags.
https://www.timbuk2.com/collections/all-backpacks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Y’all stop encouraging her. Sheesh.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I also need a new laptop backpack, so this was great timing to get a bunch of recommendations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Silly Burrito posted:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Might be too big for your needs, but I got this for my niece and she loves it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V7VGYFV/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=ARUQ351AG5FCY&th=1

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

I swear by Peak Design. I have both a larger Everyday Backpack and a smaller Everyday Zip. I am usually carrying camera gear so I like the modular inserts that let me change how I use the interior space.

If that’s too technical looking/you don’t like the modular interior, Bellroy makes some good stuff too.

Seconding Peak. I have two of their bags

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sad to have missed Catholicism chat as a general student and outside hater:

I have no clue how true the posthumous book is or if it's being suppressed but...if it does exist and is translated to something I can read I'd read it. [translating it to something I could read and understand rather than have chanted at me is obviously not something Ratzinger would want by his record]

I wouldn't like it, but I'd read it to see what the bitter old man who abdicated being the freaking Pope is complaining about.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

The landing of the first fleet and the founding of the colonies that went on to form the country.

Its also a big day for people getting their Australian citizenship and there's usually a bunch of awards announced like Australian of the year and honours for charities etc.

Oh, it's happy genocide day. We have one of those. It's called Columbus day.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My favorite part of Australian history is that it became the penal colony the British would send its ne'er do wells after losing their previous penal colony Georgia in the American Revolution.

In short, Australia should be called New Georgia. :australia:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Can I just take this moment to mention how weird there's a Virginia and a Virgin Isles? I get naming something after your queen, I don't get naming it after the fact that your queen doesn't gently caress.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

Can I just take this moment to mention how weird there's a Virginia and a Virgin Isles? I get naming something after your queen, I don't get naming it after the fact that your queen doesn't gently caress.

Weren't the Virgin Islands named by Columbus after St. Ursula and the 11,000 Virgins?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

Weren't the Virgin Islands named by Columbus after St. Ursula and the 11,000 Virgins?

I have no idea, I just assumed they were named after the same thing as the state of Virginia.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

This is correct.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

This is correct.

One of those random factoids I remember from high school history class, I guess.

Or I'm sure it's come up on Jeopardy once or twice.

(Christ. I do crosswords for fun and I record Jeopardy every weekday on YouTube TV. I'm 38 and officially old.)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Oh, it's happy genocide day. We have one of those. It's called Columbus day.

Yeah. It's always such a good holiday. Had a BBQ with friends, few beers in the sun. Was perfect.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I use a Chrome Barrage. It has an interior sleeve for a laptop inside one big pocket and theres a couple little pockets on the side that I never use. Adjustable cargo net thing has come in handy a few times.

https://www.chromeindustries.com/product/barrage-cargo-backpack/BG-163.html?dwvar_BG-163_color=LTBK&dwvar_BG-163_size=NA&cgid=backpacks

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I have an Incase City backpack, it is pretty simple on the outside but has plenty of storage options inside. Think my work laptop is 15” and it rides alright in there. No dedicated water bottle holder or anything, but enough space inside for one. Might be too common/generic, but it’s popular because it’s well made. Would also look at Timbuk2, I have one of their shoulder bags and they at least sell replacement parts for anything that breaks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

My ex-girlfriend, who's a teacher, swore by a Timbuk2 pack.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

Might be nostalgia but I still think Christopher Reeve is unmatched in both Superman and Clark Kent.

As a combo, absolutely. He’s the best blend.

Routh was a wonderful Clark but abysmal superman

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Filson.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

harperdc posted:

I have an Incase City backpack, it is pretty simple on the outside but has plenty of storage options inside. Think my work laptop is 15” and it rides alright in there. No dedicated water bottle holder or anything, but enough space inside for one. Might be too common/generic, but it’s popular because it’s well made.

Happy someone brought it up because I couldn't remember the name. The zipper to open up the accordian bit and make it bigger is nice. Good variety of pocket sizes and built-in organizers. I loved it for my carry-on flying, then for taking my laptop to/from work with a backup mouse/headset/anything else I would need to work somewhere remote. The no water bottle holder was almost a dealbreaker, but I'm happy with it.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Wait so you guys don’t use whatever random 15 year old backpacks have accumulated in your closets :v:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Or track down used versions of the one perfect bag they haven't made in a decade on poshmark?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Wait so you guys don’t use whatever random 15 year old backpacks have accumulated in your closets :v:

My work gave me a backpack 10 years ago and I have stubbornly refused to replace it. I'm about to start traveling for work a lot later this year, so I just bought a new bag this morning. First backpack I've bought myself in like 15 years.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Get your laptop. Go to Marshall's, TJMaxx, etc. Find bag. I do this every few years and almost always buy a Victorinox bag. Last few I bought have been great, plus they fit really nice on your back and have great umbrella pouches, which is a must in Miami.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Just get a JanSport. Mine is 25 years old at this point and still works fine.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I've used a Timbuk2 bag for years and really like it. Slim profile but can hold lots of stuff.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I've had an Eddie Bauer backpack with room for a 15" laptop since 2010 and it hasn't taken any damage despite near daily use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If a Walmart bag can’t hold it, I don’t wanna carry it. :colbert: