Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Now there's a memory I forgot I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If I remember correctly you could press a and b together to manually explode the mines. Had a few self inflicted deaths that way but you could use it to explode them in midair which is pretty sweet

Yes and it was a deeply unfair way to beat even your fairly experienced friends because it wasn't something most people knew how to do. So even if you told them how they wouldn't be used to having explosions thrown in their face. Very fun.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

browsers castle posted:

virtual boy virtual console when

If they didn't release it with laboVR, they ain't gonna

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I wonder did Activision also have some sort of say since they did the remake
I don't think they've had any say over the Bond game rights for about a decade at this point. I dunno if any publisher has blanket rights to it anymore! I know IO Interactive are doing a Bond game...

mandatory lesbian posted:

Thinking about it there probably arent any good shooters on the switch so yeah sure upload the 25 year old game
If old-style FPS games are your flavor, the Switch has a pretty good assortment with the Dooms, Quake, Duke 3D, Prodeus, DUSK... New style, there's the new Dooms, the Wolfensteins, and that rough Apex Legends port, but yeah, there's some very visible absences. Microsoft has threatened a decade of CoD games for Switch and future Nintendo platforms if their Activision deal goes through, but it's not currently really clear what form that'd take exactly outside of "not a streaming cloud version".

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

imagine having never played doom in your whole life. not a life worth living, I say.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was 1 year old when the orignal doom came out, i simply dont know anything about it

When I was 1 year old I didn't know anything about eating pussy but look at me now.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

The Kins posted:

If old-style FPS games are your flavor, the Switch has a pretty good assortment with the Dooms, Quake, Duke 3D, Prodeus, DUSK... New style, there's the new Dooms, the Wolfensteins, and that rough Apex Legends port, but yeah, there's some very visible absences.

Wow, I can't believe you didn't also mention Turok, Powerslave and Strife. Why do you hurt me, Kinsie?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thinking about it there probably arent any good shooters on the switch so yeah sure upload the 25 year old game

dumbass

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, it's the worst post.

We did it, everyone. We found it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

I was 1 year old when the orignal doom came out, i simply dont know anything about it

Yeah it really sucks how it's literally impossible to engage with, enjoy, or learn about any media that was created before you personally were of an age to understand it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i don't think understanding is that posters strong point op

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mods can you please allow actionable threats against this poster, I've had enough of this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've never seen the original star wars trilogy since I was born in '83, and frankly, I don't care to. :colbert:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've never seen the original star wars trilogy since I was born in '83, and frankly, I don't care to. :colbert:

It is scandalous that you have not consumed this particular piece of content even though it has to be continued to be quite popular since its inception. Especially considering it has become easier to gain access to this particular piece of content by paying the appropriate fee, even though the fee is recurring these days should you wish to consume it on a regular basis. The fee gains you access to a wider selection of content that you can consume (some of it in close proximity to the aforementioned consumable content), making a recurring payment a more attractive proposition.

Edit: Consume.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 26, 2023

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

It is scandalous that you have not consumed this particular piece of content even though it has to be continued to be quite popular since its inception. Especially considering it has become easier to gain access to this particular piece of content by paying the appropriate fee, even though the fee is recurring these days should you wish to consume it on a regular basis. The fee gains you access to a wider selection of content that you can consume (some of it in close proximity to the aforementioned consumable content), making a recurring payment a more attractive proposition.

Okay, now THIS is epic :aaaaa:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

:goonsay:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

The ascetic who has renounced consumption and lives a simple life without want and also still posts on a video game forum

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

To be fair, Perfect Dark didn't require the expansion pack. You just needed it to play the single-player, the 2-player co-op or counter-op modes, and the 3-4 player combat modes :v:

it also didnt render all of those fullscreen without the pak, just did like a tiny square in the middle of the tv instead lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I remember trying to play Perfect Dark 64 with the HD option enabled. I'd say you easily lost 5-10 fps with it on. Muddy SD was the way to go.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's fine but it's weird to me when people brag about not having seen or played or enjoyed some popular thing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Doom and DOom 2 are epic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

all the doom games are epic

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

man nurse posted:

That's fine but it's weird to me when people brag about not having seen or played or enjoyed some popular thing

Yeah imo it's handy to at least have a basic understanding of popular things, if only so you get references.

Like for instance, I read Dune for the first time in college, and as I was reading it I kept going "Oh that's what people are referencing all the drat time?!"

Makes it easier to understand posts from nerds on Internet forums, in any case.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah imo it's handy to at least have a basic understanding of popular things, if only so you get references.

Like for instance, I read Dune for the first time in college, and as I was reading it I kept going "Oh that's what people are referencing all the drat time?!"

Makes it easier to understand posts from nerds on Internet forums, in any case.

I’m not even worried about that. It’s more like “great. you want a merit badge or something?” By all means, don’t watch or enjoy something. Just don’t act like it’s some impressive feat or character trait, either.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's unimpressive to say the switch has no shooters because you are a moron

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I think Doom is one of those games that is so well designed on a fundamental level that everyone should at least give it a shot through episode 1, even if they're not shooter fans. Also IMO it holds up extra well on console since there's no vertical look, tho YMMV there.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Completed Ender Lillies last night. I liked it! Fantastic soundtrack and great visuals. Story was alright, liked the concept but felt like it could have been explored further. Exploration was enjoyable, combat was fine, I guess I enjoyed the atmosphere more than anything. Definitely similar to Hollow Knight, but not as good (or as good as Ori). If you like them, you'll probably like this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Stop making bad posts about Doom. make good ones instead like about how it Pwns.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

man nurse posted:

It was a joke, about how the entire trilogy happened before I was born and according to some people, that renders them outside of my ability to experience them.

Of course I've seen the original trilogy.

I probably should have put a big ol "/s" at the end of that, but I thought that's what the :colbert: smilie was for.

Edit: Doom is good. Doom 2 is good. Doom 2016 is like a drug in FPS form, and Doom Eternal, I'm still trying to get my bearings on. So far, it is monstrously chaotic. Thumbs tentatively up.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 26, 2023

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Completed Ender Lillies last night. I liked it! Fantastic soundtrack and great visuals. Story was alright, liked the concept but felt like it could have been explored further. Exploration was enjoyable, combat was fine, I guess I enjoyed the atmosphere more than anything. Definitely similar to Hollow Knight, but not as good (or as good as Ori). If you like them, you'll probably like this.

Send Her Willies.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
someone sell me on doom, never played it but I've heard it's decent

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you shoot demons in the head until they die

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

The first episode has been free for 30 years. Just play it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's unimpressive to say the switch has no shooters because you are a moron

Also has the best shooter of them all, Splatoon

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's Doom.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

External Organs posted:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

External Organs posted:

Can't disagree.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hey, that person hasn't played that video game, what a jerk!!!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

KingSlime posted:

It's very much not that. It's the whole "it came out when I was 1, therefore I know nothing about it" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr