Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

every single one of the pirate's lines felt like lines I've heard a thousand times before

Most of the treasure puzzles, other than the first one with the ultraviolet glyphs, seemed original, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

galenanorth posted:

every single one of the pirate's lines felt like lines I've heard a thousand times before

Most of the treasure puzzles, other than the first one with the ultraviolet glyphs, seemed original, at least

John Silver is now a platonic archetype. The ideal treasure hunting pirate

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why would you make pirates and not use Hondo

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Arc Hammer posted:

Why would you make pirates and not use Hondo

Because Hondo Onaka is a legitimate businessman, known throughout the galaxy for his forthrightness and honesty!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

When was the last time we saw Hondo for that matter (I think either Rebels or The Freemaker Adventures)? In any case they should bring him back again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I was disappointed Hondo wasn’t in the Obi-Wan show because I wanted to hear him say “Kenobi!” yet again.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Larryb posted:

When was the last time we saw Hondo for that matter (I think either Rebels or The Freemaker Adventures)? In any case they should bring him back again

He has a scarily good looking animatronic at Disney Land or whatever, so canonically he's around in the sequel era at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPufRLQn3OE

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Veotax posted:

He has a scarily good looking animatronic at Disney Land or whatever, so canonically he's around in the sequel era at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPufRLQn3OE

He also shows up in the Millenium Falcon ride.

I bet we get a live action Hondo appearance soon, probably in Mando. I mean we got B-Katan, Cad Bane, and Ahsoka appearing in Mandalorian from the Clone Wars series - probably only a matter of time before we get more. Who knows, maybe even Maul re-appears!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Maul's severed legs are still out there somewhere, angrily tapping out obscenities in morse code

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked that episode enough, but I'm a sucker for tombs that contain things best left forgotten. Though it did also seem like a preview for Fallen Order 2.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I bet we get a live action Hondo appearance soon, probably in Mando. I mean we got B-Katan, Cad Bane, and Ahsoka appearing in Mandalorian from the Clone Wars series - probably only a matter of time before we get more. Who knows, maybe even Maul re-appears!

If so, I sort of hope Jim Cummings continues to voice him regardless.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in Bad Batch eventually (the Ahsoka series could be a possibility as well)

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

mllaneza posted:

I'm just amazed that you could do that kind of story in a Star Wars property without leaning hard into Indiana Jones territory.

The music when they first entered the mountain and had to align the blocks practically screamed "Ark of the Covenant Theme" to me.

Graphically, the episode was absolutely stunning, especially the final third. Story-wise, not so much. I wish something would actually move the plot along.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I can never get too mad at the show despite the wheel spinning because it's just too gorgeous to look at. Every wide shot is breathtaking.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Vinylshadow posted:

Maul's severed legs are still out there somewhere, angrily tapping out obscenities in morse code

Mauul

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Vinylshadow posted:

-.- . -. --- -... .. -.-.-- -.-.-- -.-.--

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Captain_Person posted:

-.- . -. --- -... .. -.-.-- -.-.-- -.-.--

-... . ... - / .--. .- .-. - / .. ... / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- -. .----. - / -. . . -.. / .- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... .- -

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i mean i did

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

:golfclap:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, what the hell Bad Batch. That 2nd episode was almost too good. I fell asleep during this weeks and I don't think I really missed much. So loving boring.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, not feeling this season at all.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

That animatronic is part of the queue for that ride, and it's insanely good-looking in person. It's better than the Kylo Ren, Hux, and Finn ones on the Rise of the Resistance ride. It's kind of crazy that Hondo, of all possible characters, is the best Disney animatronic out there today.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 27, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Am I the only one that really liked the giant death robot laser beam and treasure hunting stuff? This episode was kinda cool :shobon:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

seemed like an awfully big thing to introduce as another shaggy dog

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Seems like they could have salvaged something from that ancient wreck. Got to be lots of collectors looking for Pre-High Republic tech even if it's a little beaten.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

well I guess we know why they don't make it to the sequel or even OT

they died of starvation on the food planet

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jerkface posted:

Am I the only one that really liked the giant death robot laser beam and treasure hunting stuff? This episode was kinda cool :shobon:

I thought it was fun, but everyone seems to have overly high expectations due to Andor. It’s just an episodic light adventure series. Sure it has its moments of gravitas, but that isn’t going to be the norm.

Is it “good”? I dunno, but it’s fun and I’m enjoying it. That’s all I ever really ask from my Star Wars.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Most of the grumbly people want Bad Batch to be about the formation of the Empire directly following Order 66, so anything that cuts away from that tends to be met with derision

The Zeffo-bot was cool, but felt like it should've been in an Aphra series, given she's all about the ancient history of the galaxy

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I think Bad Batch is a step below Rebels and Clone Wars (except in animation because goddamn) and that it's still trying to work out what it wants to be.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Aphra 100% needs her own show and she needs to betray Phee immediately

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Vinylshadow posted:

Most of the grumbly people want Bad Batch to be about the formation of the Empire directly following Order 66, so anything that cuts away from that tends to be met with derision

True but when the first chunk of the first season delivered on this so well it's difficult not to want more of it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It got me that none of the team used their specific abilities in this episode. Wrecker moved a rock I guess, but everyone else was just kind of there while Phee and Omega joyfully went through deathtraps. Could have had the entire episode without them, or with just some other mooks.

Jerkface posted:

Aphra 100% needs her own show and she needs to betray Phee immediately

This!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I could definitely see Phee being one of Aphras old exes/flings.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I could definitely see Phee being one of Aphras old exes/flings.

Aphra was born 24BBY so I don't think that's in the cards

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Huh, I thought she was older than that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So my mom has been watching Andor and really enjoying it and I've been biting my tongue to not spoil anything. She just finished episode 10 and is coming into the finale.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Think I've succeeded on selling my mom on the show as well. She liked the Mandalorian ("Baby Yoda is cute!"), but tired out somewhat on the action scenes, which makes Andor seem like a much more natural fit.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
My dad casually dropped that he and my mum have been watching Andor, which was nice to hear. I assume they just decided to on a whim.

He liked the dog robot, and asked whether the prison set was CGI.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My mom finished the show and agrees that Fiona Shaw is the GOAT.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

twistedmentat posted:

I'm a sucker for tombs that contain things best left forgotten

You might enjoy the Locked Tomb series by Tamsyn Muir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

My mom liked the Obi Wan show with kid Leia and I’ve never known her to care for Star Wars or any sci fi show really.