Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

i like how in no mercy almost everyone had a pin move set for their down a front strong grapple

This basically became my ethos in other games when making movesets because of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

That still doesn't solve the problem of practically needing a chart just to remember what moves are assigned where when you have something ridiculous like 24 different front grapples.

That's why you set every move to either a low blow or a running powerbomb and just copy that moveset over and over, because what moves could you possibly need beyond those?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I remember my friend made a CAW that was pretty much only low blows and it was so annoying fighting him. But also very funny

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When they came out with custom finishers in what SVR 06 the done thing was to make just 10 high speed low blows as your finisher.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

9 low blows into old man flop or chokeslam

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

very hyped about this, ngl.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

This feels like it was supposed to be announced during the Tokyo game show, but then Punk has his piss fit and Kenny wasn't allowed to do any actual promo work for the games side.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

i like how in no mercy almost everyone had a pin move set for their down a front strong grapple

Angry_Ed posted:

This basically became my ethos in other games when making movesets because of that

Yeah, No Mercy's patterning had a lasting impact on me. Front strong-down is almost always a bomb or slam, front strong-up is almost always a suplex or toss, Back strong-up is a backdrop or german, etc. etc. Which is an awful lot to extrapolate from a game where Mae Young did the Jackhammer.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, No Mercy's patterning had a lasting impact on me. Front strong-down is almost always a bomb or slam, front strong-up is almost always a suplex or toss, Back strong-up is a backdrop or german, etc. etc. Which is an awful lot to extrapolate from a game where Mae Young did the Jackhammer.

I do the exact same thing. Strong down is always Bomb or piledriver, up is a suplex and usually sideways is a ddt

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

very hyped about this, ngl.

kenny omega himself would fit in the yakuza world

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im looking forward to fighting you all in fight forever and gigging big time in the game (or maybe in real life brother)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

im looking forward to fighting you all in fight forever and gigging big time in the game (or maybe in real life brother)

or maybe not brother

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

NL boys have done their 2023 Rumble sim

https://youtu.be/aW3nRnh4mcs

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Don’t know if anyone else was still playing it but the battle royale Rumbleverse is apparently getting shutdown in February.

Too bad, I’ve been having a lot of fun with it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Dacap posted:

Don’t know if anyone else was still playing it but the battle royale Rumbleverse is apparently getting shutdown in February.

Too bad, I’ve been having a lot of fun with it.

Released in August 2022. Gotta love GaaS.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Released in August 2022. Gotta love GaaS.

"So I asked myself, why would we publish Fortnite number twooooo when we already have Fortnite Number one?" - some exec at Epic, probably

Seriously this sucks if true. I had not played a lot of it but it was a lot of fun.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

For some reason the game really ticked the marks for me as a quick pick up and play kind of game and I’ve been really into it since launch. It’s a fun change to the genre having one based on combat instead of shooting

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

No idea if this is “news” or not but I just saw the pre-order case for Fight Forever at the local GameStop. CM Punk was on the cover. I am excite.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Your Gamestop hosed up, that's not the cover.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Your Gamestop hosed up, that's not the cover.

Maybe they forgot to ship the yellow post it note for the update?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I wonder how long the game was internally delayed if Game Stop has been sitting on outdated promotional material for 6 months.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fight Forever was canceled and what is coming out is the sequel

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RandolphCarter posted:

Maybe it was turned into a prequel starring CM Punk and the two tunnel set.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The solo mode will be a replay of CM Punks greatest AEW matches but this time you get to whoop his rear end!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFX54Q7VO38

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I wonder how long the game was internally delayed if Game Stop has been sitting on outdated promotional material for 6 months.

I think the original plan was have it out before end of 2022 which is why it was weird that there was no info for a long time. Knowing that there was 2 ESRB rejections explains things.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

they've actually cancelled it and are gonna use the engine for the next Def Jam game just like EA and WCW

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

id like to see a crowbcat video of comparing mdickie's wrestling games to wwe ones lol.

in other news someone on the mod discord finally tested fire pro world with 8 players so yes it does support 8 in case anyone was wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNT_DfZ7gCc

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So WWE 2k23 is coming soon which means we're in the part of the cycle where 2K posts a bunch of entrances and people are like "AH YEAH THEY FINALLY MADE IT GOOD" and then the actual game comes out and it's the same poo poo as always

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

came in here to say this but not with another game coming out. just nothing. I won't say it now

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

So WWE 2k23 is coming soon which means we're in the part of the cycle where 2K posts a bunch of entrances and people are like "AH YEAH THEY FINALLY MADE IT GOOD" and then the actual game comes out and it's the same poo poo as always

Sounds like WWE to me

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

2K is really coordinated with that stuff. I write for an outlet and 2K sends us full press packages for every new high profile entrance and feature, looking for coverage.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its always wrestlers with no hair/short hair and sweat filters added to hide that they still can't animate hair for poo poo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

its always wrestlers with no hair/short hair and sweat filters added to hide that they still can't animate hair for poo poo

The hair is fixed this time, probably

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

projecthalaxy posted:

Narrator: It wasn't.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drakkel posted:

When the War Games match tries to load up the game bricks your console.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Cavauro posted:

came in here to say this but not with another game coming out. just nothing. I won't say it now

Fight Forever: 2 Forevers

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

in WE career mode, do you want to lose if youre a heel? I sometimes hear ppl tell me "its better for the company when X wins"

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I watched a video of Jawnny playing 2k23 earlier and it is definitely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Regrettable posted:

I watched a video of Jawnny playing 2k23 earlier and it is definitely not.

I just don't see how thats possible it says right in the ad that with New Next Gen Graphics it will look more realistic than ever so really it's probably going to be fixed this is just a beta or something wait for 1.0