Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

*shuffling through mail*

Bills, bills, bills…. Why do we keep getting Bill’s mail?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
You know, Helen Keller was largely useless, but look how we remember her. Yep, first lady of the American stage.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Lucky is on the case. That's usually what I say when I drink beer, but this time it refers to this mystery.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

muscles like this! posted:

It was funny how they actually got Tony Danza for like two lines in one episode.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's such a dumb little joke but I love it

I keep forgetting this even happened but it was my favourite joke when it originally came out.

"This is Tony Danza; you have 8 minutes left."

Edit: also, holy poo poo, is Principal Moss' lack of backbone almost a character in and of itself.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 26, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

We don't have money for all these fancy teaching aids. Like wood.

Edit: He's really at his worst when he becomes Bill's roommate. Not that he was a good guy before, but that episode kind of removes all leftover doubt that Moss is not just defeated, he's actively a dick.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 26, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Take a drink whenever you hear Hank in an exasperated tone, say something like "C'mon, Carl...."

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
The ZZ Top episode is... not good.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Testikles posted:

The ZZ Top episode is... not good.

Probably in the running for the worst, but there's still a few funny gags/jokes in that one...I think.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I like when theyre spinning bobby in that episode

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hihohe posted:

I like when theyre spinning bobby in that episode

This is all I remember and I think it's because someone had it as their avatar for a while. Maybe they still do

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Will Arnett voices the piece of poo poo tv producer on that episode.

Yeah, it's not a good episode.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, I have to agree with that, I didn't really enjoy it.

I was looking through season 11 and 12 for other episodes I didn't like, and while they don't get as low as Hank Gets Dusted, a lot are really close.

The heat wave one, Peggy in the MLM scam, the co-op one. I don't know. Someone already said that the worst KotH episode is still leagues better than its contemporaries, but c'mon show. You can do better.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hank's Bully is easily the worst episode. Every other one at least has a bit or two that works.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

It does have one of my favorite match cut transitions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-suhRCpfME

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kalli posted:

Will Arnett voices the piece of poo poo tv producer on that episode.

Yeah, it's not a good episode.

The weirdest role I've ever heard him in was Arietty's dad in the Ghibli Borrowers movie. Like, he did fine, I guess. Just a weird choice.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Wait, the co op where Hank finds out the food is way better? That's a great episode, I thought

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The ZZ Top episode is absurd and dumb but I kinda love it. The kind of comedy that hits to my very core is stuff like the absurdist low stakes pranks Dusty pulls on Hank.

"Don't you remember our wedding? He and his buddies got up on stage with the band? 'Just one song, Hank!'"

"Which is all he played. One song."

"Yeah, Radar Love with a gotdang 20 minute bass solo."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like it too, Dusty not wanting to go too hard on Hank is sweet.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bill: "Plus, I had a woman stolen by John Redcorn, so that's kind of an honour."
Dale: "We should ALL be so lucky!"

I guess parts of the co-op one were ok, but overall I just didn't care about it. It's not the worst out of the bunch, though; I think the dog whisperer one might be that for me. I love dogs IRL. I do not give a poo poo about any Ladybird-related plotlines.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 26, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pfft do you even dance with dogs sir?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like Peggy’s mix of dislike and jealousy of Ladybird that leaks through sometimes

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

One of the top 5 funniest lines comes out of the Co-op episode (which I think is great in general), when Hank has Appleseed buy meat for him and he comes back with some other sundries like hemp toilet paper. Hank's delivery of "Are you trying to frame me?" is incredible.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Lucky is on the case. That's usually what I say when I drink beer, but this time it refers to this mystery.

This episode creeps me the hell out. Missionary position on a train bathroom floor? :barf:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cosmik Slop posted:

Wait, the co op where Hank finds out the food is way better? That's a great episode, I thought

I had this exact situation happen to me, specifically about steaks. They really do taste better! Very relatable imo.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Co-op is great.

The ending where he gets a picture from the farm of a calf named Hank and his reaction is "delicious".

Perfect.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Another Bill posted:

This episode creeps me the hell out. Missionary position on a train bathroom floor? :barf:

does it help to know that many trains have gritty floors like sandpaper so that they are easier to walk about on while in motion

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That’s what happened to Hank’s rear end

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

GolfHole posted:

does it help to know that many trains have gritty floors like sandpaper so that they are easier to walk about on while in motion

Is this what they mean by running a train

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Tears of an Inflatable Clown (season 12) never gets brought up in worst episode discussions, and I think that may be because it's so bland and forgettable.

It's got one of the worst/dumbest/clumsiest "those silly liberals" strawmen ever and the plot goes nowhere.

I know I've seen it because I've watched the entire series twice, but it was on Cartoon Network the other day and had zero recollection of ever having seen it before.

At least Mrs Wakefield, ZZ Top, and Orange County Choppers episodes are bad in memorable ways.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Few episodes I don’t like. I like the ZZ Top episode even though it’s non canon in my head

Don’t like the timeshare one that much but it has some funny parts like the sleazy timeshare salesmen. He’s in the bag Jim.

Agree on ms Wakefield although I like it more now than I used to. Agree on Orange County choppers

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The only con of the Orange County Chopper episode is that the titular cameo is wooden and lifeless. The "I heard there was a fourth Teutul..." story is golden.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
The episode where they don't put the ladder down after jumping off the boat is so stressful, being trapped like that would be utterly horrific. Although I love when Bill falsely confesses to a banging Peggy and Hank instantly is like "NO you didn't."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I keep forgetting this even happened but it was my favourite joke when it originally came out.

"This is Tony Danza; you have 8 minutes left."

Edit: also, holy poo poo, is Principal Moss' lack of backbone almost a character in and of itself.

Faking a heart attack to get out of casting the tiebreaking vote at a PTA meeting is peak Moss.

:eng99: “Oh Carl…”
sorry Hank

Edit: maybe he learned that trick from Buck Strickland.

“MY DAD NEEDS HIS MEDS”
“Your dad already tried that, kid.”

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nice try, ol' top!

I'm watching The Accidental Terrorist, where Hank pays sticker goddamned price for Peggy's car, and it might be a late show stand out.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ted danson sells the idea that he really does love hank in his own Clear CoatTM way

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Nice try, ol' top!

I'm watching The Accidental Terrorist, where Hank pays sticker goddamned price for Peggy's car, and it might be a late show stand out.

Today that would be a deal.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zero One posted:

Today that would be a deal.

The price he paid, sure.

Sticker price itself, certainly not.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

do you have anything that tastes good?

*thoughtfully* hmm, ahhh.. no

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Look out! It's the Illinois Volunteer Infantry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The price he paid, sure.

Sticker price itself, certainly not.

There's still such a shortage of new cars that most are marked up above MSRP.